/SIGN HERE IF YOU BOUGHT DIABLO 3, eek!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jordanrracer, May 12, 2012.

1. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Anyone wanna help me defeat Belial on normal?

2. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Sure man. Add me then invite

3. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Actually I finally beat him after something like 10 tries :)

4. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    haha! same here, i beat Belial on normal after more than 10 tries lol.

5. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Just finished my first play-through. Have to say at least for monk, the final few stages scale pretty rapidly in difficulty. I really hate those Hammermash things, they deal so much damage. The final boss wasn't all that hard for my level 31 monk, I just kept evading, then using Seven Sided Strike, and using my immunity skill (which also heals you). It took forever, but not all that hard for a final boss fight. Will start the 2nd Play Through tomarrow.

6. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Just got D3 yesterday and working on my Level 12 Demon Hunter - first character!

Add me up on the US Servers. Please mention you're from TA :)

Battletag - KiranB#1453
    Nariko - Demon Hunter (Level 10)
    Kalypso - Witch Doctor (Level 1)

FYI - I will most likely be playing between Friday-Sunday since my work weeks are hectic... hence, pretty slow leveling, lol.

7. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #47 K0N3, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    Has anyone got a spare EU guest pass for Diablo 3 that they kindly wouldn't mind donating to myself?? PM me if possible... (I believe the retail copies are bundled with two guest passes for the starter edition) :eek:

I'm trying to purchase a physical copy as I type this, but all the local stores seem to be out of stock (apart from one store that opens at 10am, whom I'm waiting to call to confirm they have a copy available for purchase). I don't really want to purchase it digitally, I prefer, when possible, to actually own a physical copy... :cool:

EDIT: Well I've phoned them with no success, I was told to check back tomorrow as they will receive a new delivery in morning. Oh well I'll keep checking about... :rolleyes:

EDIT: It looks more and more like I will have to bite the bullet and go for the digital download. I've exhausted all possibilities for obtaining a physical copy today from within my local area :D

8. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Don't worry about my original request of a guest pass... I've succumbed to the modern era and yielded my credit card details for a digital copy :rolleyes:

Downloading now...
    7.6GB on a slow connection...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    see you online! add us on battle.net

10. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Let's play sometime!

11. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Just to save everyone the trouble I suggest ALL of you add an authenticator to your account. A lot of people have been getting there accounts hacked and this is really the only way to protect against it. Best part is there's an iOS app for it and if you play WoW you get some special item. I don't know what it is because I don't play it. And I can't stress this enough just do it. You only have to do it for 4-5 times and then it recognizes you access the game on that computer frequently.

12. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks for the advice - done, kind sir.

Hit me up on BNet - KiranB#1453

13. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Only one problem with the authenticator... If anything happens to your phone (lost/stolen or just restored) you won't be able to access the authenticator to unlock your account. The only reason I know this is because I have a locked account through battle.net and the authenticator...

I was hearing about accounts being hacked on WoW about 2 years ago now and was advised to use the authenticator for protection. I soon after had my phone stolen, which meant I couldn't access account unlock code through the app, after a lengthy disscusion with the battle.net staff they said they would remove the authenticator from my account...

Two years later and I'm still waiting... decided to just create a new account for the purposes of Diablo 3...

14. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Couldnt you just use the code and serial on the new authenticator? It says right there on the app

15. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Unfortunately not... The s/n is unique to your device, so installing the app again would give me a code but for the wrong s/n. I need to gain access to my battle.net account to change the serial or remove the authenticator, which I cannot do because of the original authenticator attached... Catch 22

16. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #56 Fireball926, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
    It specifically says, write down these codes to restore on a new device... I really have no clue how you didn't see it. Did you even call blizzard back and ask whats going on? I actually think I saw an option when signing for "I lost my authenticator"

17. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Yes I called Blizzard, as my post states... lengthy discussions, they told me that they would remove my authenticator, that was 2 years ago!! and it's still locked... so getting back in contact to go through the whole process again (4 days of calling!!) for them to probably say the same things, just seems pointless to me. I've created a new account now so there is no more worries...

18. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Phew, well I've finally finished downloading Diablo 3 and I have to say I will probably never buy digital again unless I have no other choice!! :rolleyes:

Diablo 3 would download 6 to 6 and a half Gb (complete size 7.6Gb) then fail but not just fail...it would delete my part files aswell!! :eek: 3 times that happened to me before I got wise and started to backup my .part files every Gb or so...

Trauma over...
    Installing now...
    See you guys in HELL!!
    :D

19. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    will add you too!

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    3.5m sold on launch day. 6.3m sold in week one. Holy shit.

By the way, D3 finally arrived in the mail. Won't have time to open it until tonight sadly.

Be back then..

Attached Files: