/SIGN HERE IF YOU BOUGHT DIABLO 3, eek!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jordanrracer, May 12, 2012.

1. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    That's not the collectors edition right? Then why didn't you digitally buy the game?

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm pretty sure he mentioned a small while back that his girlfriend ordered it for him off amazon. In my opinion having a physical copy of the game is vastly superior to digital. In addition it comes with a sick notepad!

3. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I almost always buy the physical edition. There's just something special about receiving the box on launch day.

4. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah the feeling of opening the box is unbeatable.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #65 backtothis, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Yep, my gf got it with an Amazon gift-card xP. D3 is the first physical retail PC game I've bought in half a decade. Wish I didn't get the digital version of SCII now, lol. Felt good as hell opening that box. It's a lot different from a 360 case. Yay for the nifty notepad. Going to give it a go in a bit after I check out some more iOS stuff. Probably (definitely) going to be up all night.

Edit: You know, it's 2 AM, and I still haven't started the 12 GB install. So much crap to do today. I think I'll just play some SCII tonight and spend the entire day tomorrow on D3.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #66 backtothis, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Let the Diablo III installation begin. Can't believe I waited 1.5 days before touching the game. Quite the accomplishment.

Edit: Let it begin.

Backtothis#1420, wizard. Add me.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #67 backtothis, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Just blew through Act I with my gf and another friend. Holy shit, the series has aged damn fine in 12 years. Playing as a wizard, and didn't come close to dying once. The interface is so simplified now though, but it lets you focus on other things: loot and action. Can't wait to try the PvP. My girlfriend now wants me to buy her the game, lol. What impresses me the most though? It runs perfectly on my MacBook Pro on the default settings. Mind-blown. Seriously wish I got a physical copy of Starcraft II now.

Add me.

Edit: I totally lied. I'm definitely not done with Act I in Diablo III yet. Only killed the Skeleton King, lmao.

Edit: Further now. Really appreciating how simple the Diablo III interface is now. Like I said, it really lets you concentrate on the fun aspects of the genre.

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Guess who's getting a copy of D3 for his gf today? Yep, consequence of giving her a guest pass xP. Well, she did get my copy for me!

9. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Haha wow. Once you guys get to act 2 PM me and maybe we can all play together. Fireball926#1409

10. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Act 3/4 it starts to get slightly harder, and as soon as you defeat the final boss and enter Nightmare mode, you'll end up dying a lot more.

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #71 backtothis, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    Will do. We'll be on Act II after tonight for sure.

Looking forward to it!

-----

I want to pull out my PS2 and play the Champions of Norrath games again now xD. Definitely the best dungeon crawler series on the console. Spent way too many hours playing them with friends at the time. Waiting for Torchlight II, heh. In the meantime, there are hours and hours to be spent on D3.

Edit: Thanks for the requests guys.

12. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Sent a battletag request. And the harder difficulty is a nice challenge, it just can get pretty frustrating when you are trying to melee a vampiric, molten rare monster with extra health that summons minions, or three unique monsters that are connected by fire chains and summon 5 illusions when you hit them :p

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #73 backtothis, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    I genuinely can't imagine a game more fun than Diablo III right now. Still questing like hell with the gf. It's just downright amazing.

Edit: Just watched the cutscene leading to Act II..and I thought the intro was epic. Was literally the best one I've ever seen on any platform. Already 7.5 hours in. Best $60 I'll ever spend towards video games, no doubt.

Dungeon crawlers are definitely still my favorite genre.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #74 backtothis, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    Glad my gf decided to play as a barbarian. Makes life so much easier xP.

Edit: If anyone still needs a guest pass for Diablo III, let me know. Got a few of them left.

Edit: Halfway through Act II now. Short session today.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Level 21 now. Didn't get too far today though. Started way too late..like 3 AM. Just about through with Act II though.

If you still need a guest pass, shoot me a pm.

16. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Took a break on my 52/53 Demon Hunter and tried out the Wizard and Barbarian, Wizard was a bit too similar to my DH so I kinda stopped playing it as well. Barbarian on the other hand is really fun and a nice change of pace to my ranged classes. Nightmare is still pretty easy, Hell is when is starts to get really fun in a party, can be complete chaos at times.

17. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    wait til you reach inferno, it's all frustration and very very tedious

18. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Dunno bout Demon Hunter or Barbarian, but nightmare is a pain on monk. I might try playing a barbarian for a while though.

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Got to Belial and died three times. First boss to be pretty challenging. We decided to grind to level 25 before trying again. Before we even grinded that one level, we got bored as hell and decided to give Belial another shot before calling it a night. Equipped invincibility, hydra summon, and some hp items, and the fight turned out to be a joke, lol.

Third intro wasn't too exciting, but it sure looked damn good. That scene with the massive demon army looks like something out of a 2012-tech LotR movie.

Server maintenance time xP. Excited to play the second half of the game though in the coming days! Level 25 now. The wizard is pretty fun to play to so far.

20. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Belial will get harder and harder as you go up the difficulty. The other act bosses? well lets just say that for me, Belial is the shit