/SIGN HERE IF YOU BOUGHT DIABLO 3, eek!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jordanrracer, May 12, 2012.

1. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Yea, Belial is one of the hardest bosses for me. The final boss was so easy compared to him, same with most of the other bosses after.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #82 backtothis, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    18 hours in now. Level 28. On part 6 of 7 of Act III. The mobs are getting pretty crazy. That's enough for one night though xP. Started at the beginning of Act III tonight.

Edit: Pulled out the old PS2 and played 10 mins of Champions of Norrath. Last save was from 2009..memories. Still my favorite dungeon crawler. I like the controls a lot more on consoles. Don't feel like mouse clicks are the ideal controls for dungeon crawlers. D3 might still pass it up though. We'll see, heh.

3. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Played through Act III! Feels like the game got a lot easier after hitting level 30. The bosses in the third act were all pretty weak. Archon mode for the Wizard owns hard. Excited to finish up my first play through in the next 2 days. Another cool cutscene in the High Heavens to start off Act IV. Definitely saw the ending of Act III coming though, lol. The plots in dungeon crawlers..oh man xP.

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #84 backtothis, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    There goes Diablo and the final cutscene. Act IV was incredibly short (under 2 hours).

Anyways, the first playthrough of D3 was just downright awesome. Took only 8 sittings, which was a little over 20 hours. Level 31 Wizard. 20% achievements earned. Nearly 400 damage. Now, the fun really begins. Enjoyed playing as the Wizard. Such a killer arsenal of skills. I always choose the mage class when playing dungeon crawlers, heh.

There's definitely going to be an expansion, lol. A certain someone is still alive. The ending wasn't great, but you can't expect much in terms of story for dungeon crawlers like I said xP. My favorite cutscene is still the intro to Act II. So freaking epic. Looking forward to PvP!

Really impressed by how my gf did at her first dungeon crawler and really her first AAA RPG ever (besides Pokemon). Good thing D3 is all action and minimal dialog/reading. That's why she hasn't played more than 10% of any other RPGs, lol. She didn't die that many more times than me. Let's see how Nightmare goes.

Maybe I'll run through it again as a different class instead of leveling my Wizard to 60. We'll see!

Oh, and yeah, all the bosses after Belial were pretty damn weak.

-----

Build (to lvl 31):

P-Magic Missile (Charged Blast): standard bolt
    S-Arcane Orb (Obliteration): high damage AOE

Never changed those.

1-Frost Nova (Cold Snap): freezes surrounding/Diamond Skin (Prism): invincibility
    2-Wave of Force (Force Affinity): knock back + stun surrounding
    3-Energy Armor: doubles armor
    4-Archon: beast mode

3 and 4 were useless until I got those 2 skills (unlocked at 28 and 30).

Passive-Glass Cannon (dmg up 15%, armor down 10%), Astral presence (max AP up 20, regen 2 per sec), Prodigy (gain 4 AP per hit with primary).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acYdOm!YXc!aaZZ

5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Dang, having problems in Inferno Act 2. That is one tough brick wall

6. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Hey BTT, sent you a request on b.net. Just wanted to let you know it was me. Do you still play D3 much?

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally got back on today! Played a few hours. I've stopped for nearly a week after beating it once, lol. I was wondering where you were, lol. Haven't seen you around on SCII or here. I'm only level 32 though.

8. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Wow the mac performence update is incredible! I'm seeing a 15-20 increase in FPS! Extremely satisfied

9. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    First character - Demon Hunter. Played all-solo, got a bit bored of the constant kiting and over-power skills at Level 28.

Rolled a barb... Got to level 14 before getting tempted to try out a Witch Doctor.

Started a WD and ran to Level 38, all co-op online play. Had a blast, got Rain of Toads, and things started getting a bit repetitive for me.

Currently working on my Monk at level 36... by far the most 'gratifying' of all classes played so far with the high health-per-hit recovery + fantastic AOE damaging skills.

No interest in playing the glass-cannon Wizard :p

10. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Wow I can even turn on shadows now! I'm running all high settings including shadows at 1680x1050 at roughly 30 FPS! Putting it town to to 1334xwhatever improves it to a pretty constant 35 FPS! This performance update is incredible!

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sweet! Turning shadows back on then. It already ran very well before the update too.

12. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah I have to agree with you. Compared to now the beta performance was terrible. But of course that was the beta! :D. So happy to have shadows back on!

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The RMAH is now live. It's already gotten pretty damn ridiculous. Why did they have to put the feature into the game?..

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #94 backtothis, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Holy crap..such a huge patch came out today. So many freaking changes.

Level 43 now. About to finish up Act II on Nightmare. Finally getting back into playing the game, lol.

Edit: Holy crap, Belial was a complete joke this time around. So much stuff got nerfed..wtf. Players who are spending a lot of time in Inferno definitely got hit hard.

15. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah I'm not liking it. Don't even take a look at repair costs... They ruined a perfectly good game.. Shame guess I'm quitting until they revert the changes. The game is hardly fun anymore feels like a chore

16. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I bought this and returned it 28 days later due to the RMAH ruining the game

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Almost done with Nightmare mode..Act IV now. Level 48. 41 hours in. Hope Hell mode is a lot more challenging. Damage: 2222.

18. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    You can make money off the RMAH

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol.

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    There we go. Finally finished with Nightmare mode. Time to start Hell! Just hit level 50. 44 hours in. Second run took about the same time. I'm guessing things get harder from here.