/SIGN HERE IF YOU BOUGHT DIABLO 3, eek!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jordanrracer, May 12, 2012.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #101 backtothis, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    50 hours in, and we finally decided to use the AH for the first time. Spent a few hundred thousand on equips for my gf since Hell mode was getting pretty hard. Her damage doubled and her armor/hp increased by 50% each. Also grabbed a new weapon for myself. Holy crap..definitely going to be spending more time with the AH now. Needless to say, Hell mode is a breeze..for now at least. Used my gf's character (barbarian) for the time as well today after buying the equips. Pretty much power-overwhelming. Insane tank/crowd-controller, lol. It's a lot different from playing as a wizard to say the least. Going to finally hit level 60 one of these days. Been playing at a very moderate pace. Had lots of friends already past 100 hours during the second week the game had come out, meh.

2. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's been nearly a month since I've posted here, lol. Finally took some time to get through Act II of Hell today. The difficulty level is seriously a joke right now. Belial gets easier every time. Guess Inferno is the only challenge in the game. Level 58 Wizard now. Still doing what I did at level 5. So excited for level 60 equips. When's PvP coming..

3. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally level 60 on Diablo III. Took over 2 months, lol. Got my new equips. Act IV of Hell is going to extremely easy to say the least.

61 hours in now, and I've still played every single section, act, and difficulty with my girlfriend so far. Pretty crazy stuff. We'll probably (finally) start new characters before going too far into Inferno, heh.

Edit: Finally playing Inferno mode. Took 2 months to get here, lol. Act IV of Hell only took 1.5 hours. So disproportionately short. And yes, Act IV of Hell was a complete joke with our level 60 equips. Took Diablo out in 2 mins. Time to see how hard Inferno really is. Game's been extremely easy since fighting Belial the first time.

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #104 backtothis, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    Put up my first item on sale last night in the AH. Witch Doctor weapon: 857 DPS, 188 int, 131 vit, 37% dmg, 13% mana regen. Put the buyout at 5 mil, and it was bought in half a day, lol. Probably undercharged for it. Holy crap, I've never even had over 200k at one point in time since I constantly spend. I found that item in the first 10 minutes of Inferno. Crazy stuff. Funny thing is I sold the weapon to the vendor for 4k since I sell everything I find. Clicked the buyback button accident, saw it, and yeah. Great start to Inferno.

Edit: In other news, Dazarath owns the hell out of this game. Went on a run with him today..

5. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #105 backtothis, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Since getting to Inferno, D3 has literally become 10x more interesting. There's a lot more strategy to the game now. Even solo runs are fun now. Doing a melee wizard build while my gf is using a barbarian tank build. Just did a Butcher run with 0 deaths on both accounts. Going to move on to Act II after a few more runs in the upcoming days. Making some good money on AH now too.

Edit: Act II made the game 5x harder, lol. Started a monk. Gf started a demon hunter. Role change xP. This guy has sick skills.

6. terORSIspy

terORSIspy Member

Aug 6, 2012
    totally regretted getting d3. its so boring tbh... perhaps expecting a world of warcraft experience is unrealistic

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Server maintenance for patch 1.0.4 will start at 3:00 AM CT. Never seen a patch this big for any game. Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368188147?page=1

Guess this is Blizzard's last chance to fix Inferno. Diablo's fan base has been pretty outraged for months. 3.8/10 on metacritic. 2/5 on Amazon.

Hope this patch works out. The patch notes definitely look good. So many changes for the better.

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally, after 5 months, we've beaten D3 on Inferno. Played through every stage of every difficulty with my gf. It's her first RPG. Next, I'm going to try to get her into SC2 xP.

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Haha good luck! If your looking for any other rpgish experiences onnthe computer you should both get dungeon defenders on steam. Fantastic game. Sucked most of my summer away. Large playerbase too and lots of replayability!

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  12. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Just bought RoS and been playing D3 again. Last time was 2012 and WOW the game rocks and miraculously doesn't suck anymore

13. 2Desserts

2Desserts Active Member

Moved from Xbox 360 to PS4 when I got RoS. Blizzard made the porting of save games so simple that nothing was lost and the fun could continue with better graphics :D.

My wife and I play it a lot and have just started hardcore toons. Love the fact that PS4/Xbox1 get all the same patches as the PC, and as my wife plays a Tal Wizard as standard the new patch should provide her with the power to keep up with my Marauder DH!.