Universal Sine Mora (by Digital Reality)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Royce is correct. That happened quite some times. Even with the Oceanhorn alpha, if I remember correctly.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    This could be the game to win me over on shmups

3. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    That can't be right. I haven't seen any app of any kind available for ONLY the iPhone 5. It wouldn't even be worth porting with that limited of a market.

You're out of the mind. Step in line for the branding and exiling.

It's sad if you haven't been won over by shooters until this point, considering it is simply the slickest genre ever. However, if what I am seeing is any indicator, then this could win anyone over. I have been watching tons of video and, quite frankly, I am stupefied. If the presentation matches the gameplay, then this is probably the greatest horizontal shmup ever created, period.

The only thing that is bothering me is that the main weapon seems to look so underpowered, and also seems to be shared by every ship.

4. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Sorry for the double post guys, but I just watched some more video on this and I have drool coming out of my mouth since my jaw came unhinged and is hanging on my keyboard.

And it looks like the firepower of the main weapon does improve. Check out the 17 minute mark. Beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdOXB8kFp4A

5. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I haven't heard of this game before so can somebody explain what type of game it is?
    I'm not worried about 4S because I got an iPhone 5!

6. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    The steam version is right now at 2$ maybe some of you could just go and check it out

7. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    It's a horizontal shmup with really beautiful visuals, especially the bosses

8. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    We aren't going to have to worry either, since porting a game that ONLY plays on an iPhone 5 is lunacy.

9. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just had quick game on Arcade mode and it took me a few tries to realise you're on a timer. It's brutally fantastic. You do get used to the Virtual Stick. My only gripe is the having to log into Facebook to post to leaderboards or save progress at the start. I don't do Facebook. Personally, I'd never heard of this game until last night and it's probably one of most beautifully well made games I've played on my iPad.

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: Do not like FB link and well, it needs iCade support, doesn't it?

11. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Damn it! This has to be the biggest tease EVER. How long was this even available before it was pulled? A half hour?!

It sounds like the controls are good, but having relative touch would probably be a plus.

UGH! This needs to be re-released now! :mad:

12. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    $9.99 on the Vita and there's also a free demo.

13. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Answer: It would benefit greatly by supporting iCade but it doesn't need it. Agree on FB thing.

14. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I think it's for the 4S reason they pulled it because they realised that they won't have a big market!

15. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    My two favorite shmups on any platform is this game and ether vapor remaster by edelweiss....I hope we get ether vapor also in the foreseeable future..

I just can't let go of my sour graping!!Had it been up for 30mins. longer on the AppStore,I could have had this..:mad:

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nah, I don't think so. There's already this "warning" in the app description:

"This version is not yet optimized for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and 4th generation iPod Touch! Running the game on these devices is not advised."

There's no reason for that to be there if they weren't planning on launching without these devices in mind. It's more than likely just that the developers didn't set a date for release and the game was approved. Who knows. At this point, there's no use in speculating. All that matters is this is a legit super high quality release that will eventually come out on iOS.

17. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I reckon it will come back better with hopefully no Facebook login and proper game centre integration. For the person who said it's overpriced there is so much here that I assuming the post was a windup. It must've been an hour and a half on the appatore as I saw MC's post but was watching my boy play tennis. Once I got home I just downloaded straight away, said hello to my wife and then saw it had been pulled. It's too good not to come back so I wouldn't worry.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #98 metalcasket, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    I take it you missed my essay on the previous page? :p

Not really sure how long the game was around. As soon as I posted in this thread, I bought the game...10 minutes after strivemind created the thread. The first post mentioning the game wasn't available anymore was an hour after I bought it and pretty much the second it finished downloading. Yeah, it's possible this was pulled immediately.

EDIT: Reading slamraman's comment above, yeah...it depends on how long the game was out for when strivemind made the thread. But yeah, 1 and a half hours seems right.

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I havent really loved a shmup since RAPTOR

Just not my genre I guess

20. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I read all your essays :p

By the way, I am listening to Mercyful Fate--Don't Break the Oath. I never sent you my metal recommendations. That is my first ;)