Universal Ski Safari 2 (by Sleepy Z Studios Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Here's a little super-stupid request: You know how you can change your name each time you get a high-score? Could there be an option somewhere hidden in the game to delete the list of names that stays around forever? :p

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Are you planning on adding upgrades? I found a mistake for the description on store for winged mobile. It says "but only one" when it should say "but only once"

I already got the coin doubler!

3. bhornburg

bhornburg Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    #43 bhornburg, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    I'm sure the gameplay is awesome, the art just looks like it's made by a Zynga or Kabam to appeal to "casual target audiences" or some marketing demographic. Not that it's bad, it's just kind of soulless. I'm curious why you all decided to go with a different art style?

Edit: I apologize, the screen shots don't do the art justice. Just watched a YouTube video, your game looks really great. Nice job! Buying now to absolve myself of my sins. :)

4. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    Hah I'll add it to the wishlist pile! In the meantime just enter a bunch of random names and it'll clear the old ones from the list ;)

5. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    I think that's right - "Glides like a hawk, but only one [hawk]. Any more [hawks] than that would be ridiculous." But then again I don't write the descriptions generally. :)

Cheers! No plans for upgrades right now, but certainly lots of updates.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, thanks! :) I guess it's just OCD when a single misspelled letter keeps staring back at you. :p

7. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    We'll forgive you just this once. Also maybe look into getting better screenshots..

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Lol, I have been up for over 36 hours so I'm a little delirious sorry for my mistake.

9. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    Avalanches keeping you up? ;)

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I wouldn't be surprised. I had Lara Croft GO downloading while playing SS2 and ran an entire battery charge on your silly little (wonderful) game! ;)

11. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    On the In-game leaderboards? When I tap the Game Center button it only shows me 5 Achievements

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Absolutely loving this game. I knew I would though. The tricks are a really nice addition too! I've found myself more fascinated with trying to take "the perfect pic" than I ever thought I would be. The little editor is such a nice touch.

Great game! Highly recommend.

13. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Far too easy to be challenging. I left my guy skiing for 2 minutes without dying! Too many easy ways to recover (animal buffs and tap to recover). A shame because this is a fine game in concept and execution. Really well polished. Just too easy.

14. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #54 amusing Grace, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    How is the new trick system working out?
    Is it becoming a swipe-fest or more on the skill side of things?

I was actually surprised back in the day that i enjoyed the one button gameplay of Ski Safari that very much.
    Probably gonna download pretty soon anyway.... :)

Edit: scratch that, i'm going in

15. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Instabought this right away.

So far, it is a great successor to the first part, only the jumping feels a wee bit less responsive.
    Sometimes I get the feeling that I tap and nothing happens.

Still I can see myself putting at least as many hours into it as in the first part.

16. mjselvig

mjselvig Guest

Android?

I'm not finding it on Google Play. Heard it was going to be out on Android as well, today. Is it a little behind like Ski Safari was, or is Google Play a little slow on updating? :)

17. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Dude! They have in game messaging with the developer through the support tab. Genius.
    I tapped support and left a message. Within a few minutes (if that) I had a message back. I had tapped on my home icon and saw the little "1" showing a message. It was a direct reply from the developer replying to me about my issue.

18. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    Sorry about the announcement message mix up! We want the game to be the best it can be on Android so we've held off on that release until September. Can't give an exact date just yet.

19. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    It's awesome for both players and us! Thanks heaps for reporting that issue Chumbake :)

20. mjselvig

mjselvig Guest

I see. Understandable. Thanks for clearing up. Looking forward to play it, and having a polished experience :D