iPad Skies of Glory - from the makers of F.A.S.T.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. rein

rein Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Nice game but I am afraid it is going to suffer because of the pricing. If the planes were priced at $.99 and multiplayer remained free, I could see myself buying all of the planes. At these prices though, it will be coming off of my phone after the free multiplayer trial is over if not sooner. :(

2. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Awesome!!

Well, I for one have no problem with the DLC pricing for a premium, high quality game like this. Especially for one with such high replay value. This game is badass!! :D

I'm a big fan of FAST and I love HAWX and Ace Combat as well. It is clear to me that SGN has produced a much better overall flying experience with their games (FAST & Skies of Glory) compared to HAWX and Ace Combat even though I really enjoy those as well!

Man, even though I prefer modern fighter jets, I really like the different experience this game offers with WWII planes. The overall improvements and tweaks that SGN has made with this game compared to FAST has me very eager to see what they do with FAST 2...and has me confident that it will totally kick ass!

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Just Like we all expected Apple to do so sometime ago.
    Premium games for $19.99

But I think Apple does not care, All they are worried about is how to sell their devices.
    They learnt from the Devs who Jailbroke the device initially, when the iPod touch din even exist.
    Those Devs. showed Apple the capability of the Device, tht is how we got the AppStore.
    Games (Apps too, always tend to forget that part :p) that were out for $9.99... Yes, including the SMB, Enigmo, you name it... were way ahead of time. (On the pricing)

Because the Appstore cannot showcase EVERY app that is in there, Devs. have to take these steps.

Apple, Fix the AppStore, learn something from Arn (the AppShopper guy, Yeah!)

Hodapp, I think the DLC will need more time.

All the 99 cents games are 99 cents just because they want their 15 seconds of fame.
    It is neither a Devs.' issue, nor the Gamers' it is an Apple issue & they should fix it.

Also ALL the Devs' should think alike, or else converting the economics will not be so simple.

4. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Really amazed by the quality of the game. Amazing visuals that surpass that of both Hawx and Ace Combat in my opinion and has stable online play with almost zero lag. DLC content isn't a problem for me now that I've had a chance to try out the game. Bring on more content! :cool:

5. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida

Which is AWFUL! I do not want everyone I play against to know my full name. And no, I will not change the name of my iPhone

Edit: N/m, there is a way to change it. Thanks

6. Pheebau

Pheebau Well-Known Member

One word:

Amazing!

:cool:

7. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    WOW!! The ability to have your own playlist is awesome. Game is definitely growing on me. I plan on picking up the dogfight DLC soon.

Has anybody picked up the missions and/or dogfight DLC? If you have both, which do you prefer and why? If you have played either, how was it?

8. I am very impressed with the technically setup of this game. Graphics are amazing, controls are solid.

Great work devs.. Now just get the pricing right and you'll have a huge hit.

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Game Impressions

Exactly. :D

You start out with just guns and thats it which makes it difficult at first until you get the hang of things. There are ground and air targets, the missions (4 dogfight missions) so far did not feel repetitive. I flew back in a mission to find three planes waiting around my base and it was on! That was unexpected but felt epic. As you progress you unlock more secondary weapons(i.e. missiles/bombs/upgraded machine guns) that you change in your hanger prior to your mission. That and the achievements alone make the game that much better because you have to earn rather than get it off the back.

the polish, fluidity of the gameplay, and controls are very well put together. The environments are BEAUTIFUL, the detail on even the smallest things do not go unrecognized even things as small as lighting striking from clouds...It's pure quality and beauty that you will notice from the get go. I didn't restart my device initially after downloading on my iTouch 2nd Gen and it ran super smooth with no issues including the 1 match i played online which was full of action.

The camera views are lovely, I went with the standard view and am loving it. There is a Hub in the top right hand corner that allows you to move from up, down, left, and right to quickly see your surroundings without having to worry about crashing. I love how instead of something telling you your being shot at there are bullet holes that you hitting you as well as glass cracking and a red light senor that tells you where the enemy is hitting you from.

To be honest I like this WAY better than F.A.S.T. even though the free is very short for single player. Multiplayer is pure fun. You can bail out of your plane if you take too much damage before it blows up (If you don't bail in time you will blow up). There is online achievements that show up for all players while your dogfighting. 8 people at once with absolutely no lag and you join matches very quickly There is a little parachute icon that bails you out and that is just Genius. You can taunt which is a nice compliment to the game.

I honestly don't see myself buying any mission packs or planes as the DLC stands right now cause they need to be more simplified...I can care less about the price its all offered at. I just think you should get ONE plane package instead of an individual plane that i am stuck with and ONE full mission package at a bigger purchase price rather than buying things individually and because the multiplayer makes up for it. Thats really my only gripe regarding DLC.

Multiplayer is all i ended up playing in F.A.S.T. after i beat the repetitive missions so i know it will be the same thing for me. Kind of like how eliminate has a practice mode and online mode. I can see myself playing just as good with my current plane with what i got. I just hope the online multiplayer stays free (though it says free for a limited time).

All in all The single player missions are nice. and this is already my favorite flying game out of all the games that the app store has to offer BY A LONG SHOT! Skies of Glory is pure beauty! I like that you can take off from the ground either manually or automatically. I cant confirm if you can land your plane?

I hope this helps with initial impressions TA. ;)

10. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    If you want to have more and better planes you pay.

If you want to have more missions, you pay

If you want to have multiplayer, you pay

If you want to have more dogfights, you pay

And when you have two iphones, which you synchronize with the same itunes account, you will pay twice, as far I found out untill now.

11. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    This confirms it I was and always will be more of a gunsliger thena person who firs missles I lovethe multiplayer the giantfurrballs are pure fun alreadyhave more than ten kills will go backto get more
    @ mostqito if you use the same accountitshould say you have already purchased this item would you like to redownload you should't have to pay twice

12. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    about skies of glory

Wonderful graphics...
    Not easy to play... no missile lock

expensive

Frumius once wrote, that he like the F.A.S.T. multiplayer because he can fight against a intelligent being and not against a stupid machine.

Now in skies of glorys multiplayer you fight against 7 intelligent beings, who turn stupidly in weird circles around each other.

And the weather is very very bad...

And you fly and fly and you go down, and you come again, and again and it never stops, all the time there are new intelligent beings coming to fly weird circles and the weather keeps very bad and freezing cold.

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I think you meant to say that Skies of Glory requires more skill to to play and the weather is very bad for you. No missile locks! :eek: well its a WWII setting...not modern day. Try taking some time to hone your skills in this game before you bash it. :rolleyes:

14. lostlogik

lostlogik Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    I'm loving this game. Good seat of the pants flying with slight "kicks" of the rudder to line up the sights. Awesome graphics, this is such fun.

15. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Just found out my k:d ratio is 47:16.... How many kills I'm a row to get the god like thing cuz I got that...

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Complaining about lack of missile locks in a WWII game? Seriously?

17. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    This game is fantastic! And it's free!

18. Pheebau

Pheebau Well-Known Member

You forgot the Facepalm ;)

19. chedita

chedita Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Professional ipod gamer
    where you live
    awesome game, but expensive.

20. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Just played the training mission and jumped into an 8 player online match, game plays fantastic and I love it, though I will keep this just for the multi side of things as i'm not too interested in the single player stuff.

Planes seem a bit pricey but if they give advantages in battle they are going to sell like hot cakes :p