Universal Skullduggery! (by Clutch Play Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013

Well that's all I needed to hear... your openness and flexibility about the game have won me over. I should be fine with it - I just gotta remember to use the " bullet time" to be precise instead of flinging skully around madly.

The bosses certainly look and behave great. The Al Capone one is really well done... I'll let you know if I get past him successfully or I may send you a bill for flinging my iPad against the wall. ;-)

And yes... We all know there is at least one annoying SOB that can beat a game first time through. Just don't develop for that certain individual. Ignore him/her and make it for older guys like me that are starting to lose their edge...
    Remember we have at least more money to spend ;-)

Thanks for the reply.

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

So, I can put this simply for ease of everyone, as HEAPS of praise have already been thrown down onto this game...

HOLY CRAP this game is great.

I didn't watch much of the playthough video, so I didn't fully know what to expect, but man there's really something... unique but familiar about it. It's very physics based in its heart, but it's never tied so tightly that it feels limiting.

The bullet time style slow-motion really works, and is great.

I will state, simply, that this IS a game that requires you to have a decent amount of dexterity. As a completionist who has lost much of his dexterity, it makes a challenging game that much more so. But I'm to the point to where I can't even play minecraft for long without suffering for days, so that needs to be put into perspective.

I do use my index fingers to play, as suggested by the astonishingly awesome developers, but the gameplay really ramps up quickly if you want to get all the stars and awards. The game itself, to go through, is challenging but doable, it's the "3 stars" brouhaha that will put you through your paces.

All in all, a top shelf game that truly deserved getting featured by Apple. I expect to see many good things come with the game, and my kids friggin LOVE head to head mode! LOVE IT! For kids that like this sort of stuff, it's easily worth the price of admission.

Also, I also LOVE, especially in head to head mode, the fact that you don't need to actually touch on the skull to draw back the shot. Of course, I do 80% of the time because that's what I'm used to, but when I remember it is VERY freeing.

Aces, aces, aces. These games are the ones that define the platform, and remind me again why I'm proud to be a primarily IOS gamer.

3. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Well I'm a little disappointed that there are only three chapters finished in this game. When you get to the fourth chapter it just says "coming soon". Fun game but way too short.

Also a little worrying that there was no talk from the devs about this... I'm glad to give them the benefit of the doubt but a lot of games released this way never get completed. They get buried in the app store... don't make the kind of return that had been hoped for and then don't get finished.

Let's hope that doesn't happen to this game as it deserves completion. A real special title.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Just downloaded a pretty sweet update with new heads and new speedrun leaderboards, among other things :D

5. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Is the head to head local multiplayer or online multiplayer? Gracias #

6. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    I believe it's only local play on the same pad. I'll check and if I'm wrong I'll write back.

7. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Thank you brother.. That's kinda what I figured

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Just saw this on Appspy, gonna get it later.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Haven't seen you here in awhile ;) anyway, this game it pretty dang awesome and easily worth the sale price. I bought it for five and am still happy with my purchase.

10. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #110 Matt33, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    Am I just lacking in speed for the Skullcademy score, or are there coins that I may have overlooked?

My best coin scores for the 8 levels are:
    166, 356, 417, 397, 595, 525, 674, 689

If those are pretty much the max coins, I'm not even going to bother trying to surpass the vast gulf that is the 180 point difference.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    My gosh this game is fantastic

12. TheBigBoots

TheBigBoots Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Producer / Co-Founder
    Portland, OR
    Skullduggery! Android needs beta Testers

Hey everyone,

Amy from ClutchPlay here. Just wanted to stop by to mention a couple of things. First, world 4 content 'Skullduggery!' is coming out soon.

Second, we're looking for some people to test the 'Skullduggery!' android version. If you are interested or know anyone who might be, you can sign up here:

http://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106706360587764374521

Thanks for your help!

13. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    World 4 ! Thats awesome! 'll wait for it!

14. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Thanks for the update about more content. Can't wait! I don't have android or I'd gladly volunteer.

15. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Is this 64 bit?

16. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    If I had iOS 20+, if check for you. It came out around 2015 and has high quality production values. I'd say yes.

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Yes, just checked.