Universal Sky Force 2014 (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeterID, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    My 2 cents with the timers...

I think the IAP is pretty fair and if you want to play relatively continuously without ads...it is a whole $ 7.50 AUS (gasp)! Give the developers some love, this is a great game. I personally don't have any problem with it.

The leveling is great and keeps things challenging with the different difficulty levels.

My only gripe is the necessity to have 5 GC friends...I still don't have 5 players to play tournament which is restricting me. I tend to play games solo but I do like the social features like saving your friends that have been implemented.

Please add me: Tonk Montana

2. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I agree, I paid a total of 5,37 Euros for the IAPs and it's totally worth the price!
    I have the same problem with GC's friends... only two of mine are playing this game... So, I will just start by sending you a friendship request Tonk! ;)

3. Yumatsura

Yumatsura New Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Need friends...

Hi guys, Im just looking for some in game friends, not sure how to get them... Im playing the iOS version, my username is yumatsura, in the game and in Game Center, so please add me!

4. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    It is real easy to get GameCenter friends. Just open GameCenter, got to Sky Force, then the leaderboards, and start sending requests. Not everyone accepts, but if you send enough, you'll soon have more than 5 :)

5. Tonk Montana

Oct 28, 2010
    Thanks for the tip.

Really though, I prefer to play with Toucharcade members if possible but I have 5 friends now for this game. ;)

6. Tonk Montana

Oct 28, 2010
    @OriginalDex...great! Waiting for your request.

7. angmenghua

angmenghua Member

Jun 6, 2014
    I am seeing a different requirement to unlock stage 7. On my iPad, it says it needs 95k more people to complete stage 6 to unlock it. I do not know why the requirement is different on your device. I would prefer to use medals to unlock it. I am getting bored waiting to play stage 7. At the rate this is going, I don't think I will be able to play stage 7 any time soon.

8. angmenghua

angmenghua Member

Jun 6, 2014
    I am seeing a different requirement to unlock stage 7. On my iPad, it says it needs 95k more people to complete stage 6 to unlock it. I do not know why the requirement is different on your device. I would prefer to use medals to unlock it. I am getting bored waiting to play stage 7. At the rate this is going, I don't think I will be able to play stage 7 any time soon.

9. Solid_Alexei

Solid_Alexei Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Game developer
    England
    So is there no way not getting hit by EMP at the beginning of stage 05? Or do you suppose to fly though without shooting?

10. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    So where is the in-app purchase screen? I saw someone here say it was located in the upgrade store; however, I don't seem to see it there?

11. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    @Solid_Alexei: It's very difficult but perfectly possible. There's a hidden achievement for destroying all the turrets, too.

Stage 7 requirements are bugged, obviously. Last night I've discovered that the "25 medals" window shows when you return to Stage Selector after playing a tournament. An update will be required to fix this. however, as the "pilots" requirement still stands, the bug is currently more of a graphical nature - the medals are not supposed to be displayed before the pilot-meter fills up. As I've said before - adjustment of the amount needed may be lowered at some point, but it's too early for that decision. Please keep in mind that for the majority of the world the game has been out for a little over two days.

@Seiza616: It's in the hangar, available after spending 1000 stars. A button will show up next to the amount of stars you have.

@Sabaki: We're optimizing the game all the time, especially for Android devices (some optimizations carry over to iOS). Sky Force has a large memory footprint so every time the system needs some free memory to run a different app - it kills another application to make some space. iOS 7 was a real burden for devices with 512 MB of RAM. 7.1 improved a little in that field but still, it's hard to keep a memory-demamding application in background with that amount of RAM.

Anyone experiencing recurring crashes - please contact our support: http://idreams.pl/en/support

As for the sound disappearing - try restarting the app. It's an engine/plugin related bug, which we currently have no control over.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

12. floob

floob Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #212 floob, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    added you guys too! need a couple more gc friends for this game too haha

Gc code: flooberz

13. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Ok, I didn't get the stage 7 thing, at least I hope: please, tell me I have not spent my money for the IAPs just to realize I can't go further in the game after stage 6!
    C'mon, I really hope the 95000 players remaining is just a bug that the devs will fix soon!
    Cos it would be just plain absurd to wait for other players in the whole world to get to stage 6 just to be able to play in stage 7... how long are we supposed to wait? A year?!
    I repeat, the game is fantastic, I supported the devs by buying the IAPs (also to be able to enjoy the game without those hateful timers), but there is always something down the corner waiting to disappoint me...
    So, many here have supported the devs, now please, devs, give us back what we deserve, let us enjoy the game with no more absurd limitations!

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #214 Cilo, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    I've been playing this all morning and I love it! My only issue really is the expanded touch control in settings - I chose the other option from default this way I can see my plane but I would imagine it works 50% of the time. My finger at times still ends up on top of my plane resulting in a death from unseen bullets. I would think that there would be a small margin of area between where my finger is touching and where the plane would be directed.

Also of course the IAP thing but it is what it is. I don't see myself paying for any of the IAPs, might've considered a premium purchase outright, but hey it's free so thank you! And you're welcome with any ad revenue you can generate from my gameplay!

Tldr: graphics gameplay are ridiculously good, IAP not so much, 100% chance I won't pay for them but thank you for the free game!

15. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah..the game is really fun but the IAP is a bit annoying. The upgrade timer is the most annoying. The grind is pretty intense..but still doable for me. To me, it's slightly annoying there's a separate IAP for ad removal, where as I'm used to other apps offering purchase of pretty much anything disables ads.

The game's free though...so I'm not complaining too much. And I guess the "meta game" I usually "play" is figuring out how to most efficiently play freemium games before I get bored and move on.

16. EuroNRG

EuroNRG Member

Jun 7, 2014
    No, you're right. Even if free, with any purchase should go the ads. They are just too greedy, that's the problem.

17. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I can't even find the store.

18. Rennerd

Rennerd Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    iOS 7, no download for me.

19. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I love this game. And I know that I might be burned as a witch, but the timers are fine, and for me add to the fun and strategy. The unlock to get rid af ads was worth every dime. :)

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I rally like this shooter but I haven't got to the later stages yet. With any app I won't facebook/twitter spam. Sounds a bit worrying this later stage I keep hearing about. I do with this was a premium priced game though. Love the graphics, I'll have to see how I get on with the later levels