Sky Gnomes [racing] - Asynchronous Multiplayer, Leagues, Daily Tournaments

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jdragoon19, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks, I got it now. I had been wondering why sometimes there was somebody in front of me even when it said I was in first place; turns out he was the coin person!
    And I found the checkpoint right after I previously posted.

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oh yeah, I don't think we have the power-up aura in this build, so they will be hard to spot for now :/ They are big red balloons with a "?" on them rhough... but also note that buying a powerup only gives you a chance to get one... the more powerups you unlock, the better chance you have of getting a powerup in a race.

3. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Good to know :) We were actually wondering if we were going to have to explain the helper blimp or not... We'll add more info about him in the starting "how to play" screens, and show exactly how the coin lines work.

4. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    I can no longer see tournament standings even though I'm online what is wrong?

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    YES!!! Downloading!

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Does it just get stuck on an endless update loop? Try closing the app, then restarting.

I've seen this issue happen before, and its something that will definitely be fixed in the future.

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Looking forward to impressions :)

8. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Yep that worked thank you

9. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Just wondering, Foursaken, may I PM you about any problems that I might have in the Beta?

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yep, definitely!

11. tsarep

tsarep Active Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Any chance I could still get in on the beta? I applied on test flight. Thanks.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#72 Foursaken_Media, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Yeah, assuming you don't have an older device (iphone 3G or ipod touch 2g) then sure. I just accepted a few more late beta testers, so check your email ;) Make sure to come back with impressions!

And thanks to our other testers so far... getting a lot of great feedback and impressions, and we can see a lot of people are logging some really quality minutes in on the game. The beta is going strong with over 100 testers :) We're already deep into fixing a lot of issues testers have mentioned, and things we've seen that need tweaking and fixing up.

13. tsarep

tsarep Active Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Downloading now onto my 4S. Thanks!

14. $en$or

$en$or Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Gaming Editor
    Israel
    Just registered. Looks very interesting, can't wait try it on my iPod touch 4gen:)

15. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Had the change to do some beta testing. But i have to say its really a great game. This game has potential and i think it will be one of the best games this year.

These developers make everytime an unique game that isnt like there previous games and is original. Well done!!

16. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I would like to beta testing the game, of course I would leave my feedback here :)

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

You should be accepted! Check your email to download the beta... don't forget to leave general impressions here, and send us specific feedback via [email protected]!

Thanks! You've been an awesome tester so far with some invaluable feedback :) We're really hoping Sky Gnomes will be a must have game :)

Sign up via the testflight link on the first page, and we'll let you join as long as you have a compatible device!

18. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    Played two rounds (don't have much time these days, in fact this is the only game I've played since two months or so), and really like it thus far! Very unique controlling scheme, seems pretty hard to me but then you get the basic idea real quick, and the whole graphics and audio effects are extremely well done too.

I think you could make it a bit clearer how the multiplayer works (I wouldn't have figured it out without you saying), though everything else seems fine to me right now. May follow up with some more impressions and bugs (should I find any) later.

19. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    OK.. I signed up at testflight.. got an iphone 4, really like to test the app, it looks great

20. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Awesome, thanks. And yeah, the tutorials will be fleshed out a bit more for release.

You should be able to test now :)