Universal Skylanders Battlegrounds - (by Activision) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 20, 2012.

1. dslmendoza

dslmendoza New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    1. What device are you using? ipad 2
    2. What is iOS version? ios 6
    3. Were you online when trying to use the toy codes? yes
    4. Have you tried using your codes in other Skylanders mobile titles (Skylanders Lost Islands or Skylanders Cloud Patrol?) Did they work in those titles? both games worked fine in our ipad.
    5. Have you tried the codes on another device? Did they work there? we dont have any other mobile units.
    6. Would you be willing to PM me one of the codes so we can troubleshoot the issue? sure, i can send my pop fizz code hoping i could still use them later.

It seems this issue is the same to others as well. We own all wave 1 skylanders giants. all of these work EXCEPT for pop fizz, punch pop fizz, and jet-vac. all series 1 (green) skylanders don't work either. :(

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Will I or do I need the figures to complete or play this game? I am sorry, but based on past posts, it seems that I need the "extras" to play.

3. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    You don't need any figures to play the game.

You get two Skylanders for free (Shroom Boom and Terrafin) and I've personally unlocked another two by just playing.

It perfectly playable without figures. You can also buy gems in game, 200 gems buys a skylanders and it costs 4€

4. sugimulm

Thank you vibliribland! Will pick up, looks amazing!

5. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    You certainly do not *need* figures to play this or the other Skylander's games. I'm up to 5 skylanders for Battlegrounds without having even finished the last level of the first chapter.

On the other hand, these games are, undoubtedly, gateway drugs :)

I had resisted Skylanders on our console because of how insidiously expensive it can be. Then somehow we all wound up playing the iOS games... and until Battlegrounds, I was still strong in my resistance. This game was the one that pushed me over the edge and so now I'm off to find the Spyro's Adventure starter set for our Wii. With two kids (and me), three different iOS titles (and I'm sure more to come), and two Wii games, each figure practically pays for itself, right? :D

6. sugimulm

Thank you C.Hannum! Looks to be a purchase tonight, got to head off to work so, I know what I'll be doing tonight. Thanks again for the help!

7. jasenj1

jasenj1 Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Are you using the portal? I'm not and I think the game has become markedly stingier with gem rewards. I have well over 10,000 gold, but barely over 200 gems, and I've collected all the element specific rewards - and it takes 200 gems to unlock a character. So if you were playing this game with no cache of Skylanders, and without the portal, you'd be hard pressed to build up your character collection - but maybe that's the point. :)

I've progressed to where I'm fighting lvl 7 monsters, and so far I've lost one character in battle. So it's not a very difficult game, but I don't think it's meant to be.

The game follows and rewards pretty standard ARPG tactics. Tank to absorb damage and melee attack. Ranged character to go after the ranged opponents.

One aspect I am disappointed with is that the character abilities do not reflect their abilities in the console games.

The game is good enough and deep enough to warrant a wiki listing all the characters, abilities, items, etc. For example, what is the point of leveling up the various abilities? Do they last longer? Do more damage? What?

- Jasen.

8. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

1. What device are you using? iPad Mini
    2. What is iOS version? 6.0.1 (10A523)
    3. Were you online when trying to use the toy codes? Yes
    4. Have you tried using your codes in other Skylanders mobile titles (Skylanders Lost Islands or Skylanders Cloud Patrol?) Did they work in those titles? Yes, seems to work fin in Cloud Patrol
    5. Have you tried the codes on another device? Did they work there? Yes, tried on my sons iPad 2 and they did not work either.
    6. Would you be willing to PM me one of the codes so we can troubleshoot the issue? Yes, just let me know.

As a further note, the codes I was trying to use were from last year when the game was first released. A couple of my codes were from the characters in the 3ds pack, others were purchased.

Out of my 10 or so codes, one worked for Trigger Happy.

On a side note, I really love this game, but am afraid to rush out and pick up more characters due to these codes not working. I hope there is a simple resolution since I do want to get some new characters.

Also, will there be stages added beyond the ones that are open/locked in the game now? I hope this is the case since I'm on Zone 20 and believe I can't go on yet after I beat the next boss.

(love this game!)

9. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No portal, and I'm on level 10 so mobs are up to 11 & 12 now. The rewards are fixed in the chests (first time opening) and for completing the level the first time. Now, you may have missed some chests because you don't yet have the right skylander to reach it (I know there's a fire one I need to go back once I get a fire skylander), but the game has been very generous with the fixed rewards.

Now, skirmish rewards, yeah, once you've opened every chest and beat every level, further unlocks are going to be painful because even battling the mobs I am, probably only getting about 0.6 gems a battle on average.

10. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Well, just beat the boss after Zone 20 and it's time to just wait. I am at level 23 with 8 Skylanders opened at this point (only one was redeemed through a code).

Any estimate as to when the next stages will come? Also, will they be free or IAP?

11. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I thought they said that new areas would be part of free updates, but I'm not positive.

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=166865][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163450][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167043][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167010][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=167059][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167047][​IMG][/thread] [thread=166980][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167052][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167053][​IMG][/thread]
    Click on icons to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]Skylanders Battlegrounds[/size]
    is a nominee for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    21/11/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to bring the Skylanders to life and free the war-torn Battlegrounds?

[size=+3][thread=167275]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]
    - Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
    11-29-2012 at 07:05 AM

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Update is out with a new fire based mission. I (I mean my kids) really like this game.

14. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I picked up the portal pack for this game for my kid for Christmas. He has an iPod touch 3rd gen (at least I think it's 3rd gen, it's the same one that came out at the same time as the iPhone 3GS). Is this game compatible with it? I can't seem to find an official list if supported devices. Skylanders Lost Islands was not compatible with his touch but Cloud Patrol is.

15. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Well, I guess I'm answering my own question. According to Amazon it's only compatible with 4th gen or later. So I guess I will return the portal pack.

16. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I think there is a bug in this game. My profile is level 30, right at the very end, and it just won't go to level 31 - even though I've played through two whole later levels since that point in time.

At least I still get gems, but I hope I can still level up.

17. jclard56

jclard56 New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Do you have to have the skylanders to play the game or can you play without them

18. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    This is on sale for $2.99 I picked it up in case my nephew comes over holy crap this I surprisingly polished, and a really well done battleheart clone.

19. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    I've got a couple questions about this game:

1. Does it work with the bluetooth portal that's included with Trap Team?

2. Any problems on iOS 9 public beta?