Universal Skyline Skaters by Tactile Entertainment

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Mar 14, 2014.

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    #41 xxteargodxx, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    After going through the shop and list of items again I'm now wishing I hadn't spent my $4.99 to unlock the UFO Skateboard.

The cheapest skateboard being the Flow Longboard is only $30 gamebucks in game. which sure is an equivalent of a $4.99 purchase for $35 in gamebucks. But when you think about it, this board is easily obtainable practically for free after just a few games of racking up achievements and playing daily.

Not only that, but it gives 424% coin bonus which is much more than the 320% the UFO Special board maxes out at. I just think either pricing of the boards or bonuses need to be adjusted as it is an easily obtainable skateboard that has a better bonus than a paid one.

Other than that gripe, I'm looking forward to the next update. I'm working on maxing out my UFO Special board then probably going to max out special abilities and then go for characters.

2. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    For some reason, I can't get past the shield mission. It says simply to use a shield, but no matter how many times I pick one up, it doesn't clear.

3. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I thought of something really nice to add...

Rolling manual or nose manual...

If the player is still holding down the controls when the character lands, the character will either continue on a nose manual or a real wheel manual.

That would be pretty awesome. After so many meters, a bonus starts adding up until the "button" is released and the character is back on all four wheels.

Even better would be if the player is doing a manual and does a quick tap before the board returns and he does a manual ollie or a nollie!!!

4. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    It's not the ones you get while on a run, it's the powerups you buy before you begin your ryn, meaning they want you to spend and buy it.

I did the video advertisement before a run that gives a forcefield and that cleared the mission for me.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Hi xx, in order to obtain the 424% coin bonus you need to collect ALL the longboards AND max ALL them out to get the stacking bonus. That will take a very loooong time :) Thus the UFO board is a great deal ;)

6. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I saved 100 in game cash dollars and purchased the Vex Drifter and upgraded it now i see there is another board that is available for 50 cash dollars that has the same coin bonus (130%) that i got by purchasing at least 5-6 upgrades using coins for the Vex Drifter.

That is my only gripe with the games, the boards are not very well explained and the values of the boards arent as well.

However getting coins is very easy especially if you have all characters unlocked and use a Facebook (and now Twitter) account.

Once you unlock multiple characters their easy missions to start allow you to rack up the coins and continue to upgrade. Once I unlock the new 250,000 coin character I will upgrade my power ups which are almost fully upgraded (2x Doubler is the last one i need and not very useful unless im shooting for a high score which is not the case as im more of a coin collector)

Again would like to see more environments and power ups please.

7. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Two questions...

One.. tapping on Gamecenter is giving me the message that it's unavailable that I'm not signed in. I am signed in Gamecenter.

Two.. my data from a different iPad. I'm not restoring a newly purchased iPad with a backup. I'm setting it as a new iPad, but want to get my save data over. Any ideas?

8. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    You can try the restore purchases button in the shop, but we do not support syncing between devices at them moment sorry.

About Came Center, it should work, but we will look into it

Best

Morten

9. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Can you tell me where the save data is stored, and I'll transfer it that way if need be.

Gamecenter is working on the iPad 4, but not on the iPad Air. Weird.

Here's the img:

[​IMG]

10. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    If you log into Facebook your score should be transferred :)

11. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    The high score is loaded into the weekly tournament. Progress in the game isn't updated.

I maxed out a board, all the power-ups, and had over 100K in gold. Also, the Matt character lvl was 22.

Surely there has to be a way to load this data back, outside of restoring the iPad with a backup file.

12. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
  13. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Are there any updates on the way?

Ive unlocked all the characters and leveled them up to 25-26 level

Ive fully leveled all the Power Ups

Ive fully unlocked all 5 Coin Bonus boards and full upgraded the Longboards giving me 424% extra coins or 5x the amount of coins per run.

Also if I delete the game off my iPhone will it save my progress on the file if i choose to restore from back up or sign in from facebook or will i lose everything???

14. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Logging in Facebook doesn't restore anything other than the scores you've registered while being linked with Facebook.

15. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    the update description says it has now game center achievements, but I can't see any achievements?!

16. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I see them when I open up Game Center. Not sure if there is a place to view them in-game.

17. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
  18. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I opened the Game Center app and there are only leaderboards for me

19. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    Is the game updated to the Rio version?