Universal Slashin' - funny hack'n'slash rpg

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Manbat, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #81 Nekku, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    So, I've played this on my iPad Air 2 and my thumb was covering the pop-up item description so I couldnt read it. Can you do something about that? Put it higher? And maybe put a framed window with less transparency or something like that around those popups so it does look more polished.

This game remembers me a lot of 9th Dawn. It's like a 3D version of it. Unfortunately, there is too much IAP going on in here. I'm talking about IAP which destroys some of the game mechanics and overall feel to it. I'm being honest here but asking for money to unlock a 3rd skill slot kinda irks me. That's nothing else than Gameloft asking for premium currency if you want to use a freaking health potion, in an freaking dungeon crawler. I have also played the shit out of D3 and those kind of things just feel totally missplaced in this genre (hack'n slash/dungeon crawler).
    Another guy on this thread said you can use premium currency in the player online shop? Is this true? Well, it will destroy the games economics in the long run. Basically what has happened in D3, until they took it out. Adding PvP into this mess will keep players who dont spent that much money away from that mode. Here comes the third skill slot in mind again. 2 slots vs 3 slots. Like, no one thought about that, huh? Dont tell me there is gambling for premium currency...

However, it's a good concept but I dont know if I'm going to dive any further into this. I'm sure there is another way to monetize this game (which I fully support) without breaking up its critical mechanics which are cruical in this genre.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Amazing game! I love everything about it!
    Keep up the good work Mr. Dev :)

3. Bashemg00d

Bashemg00d Active Member

Dec 26, 2015
    The 3rd skill slot is basically for people who intend to play the game past the demo. Demo being, you try out the game, you have 2 skills. Gives you an overall feeling.

I bought the skill 30 minutes after getting into the game, then 30 minutes later I removed the ads. That's not IAP, that's buying the game so that you can enjoy the totality of it. It feels honest and justified, and it is the only way we are getting extra content and more updates. And this gem deserves all the updates it can get :)

3 deaths can come in really fast, especially once you hit the air elementals and the Devils. So I started an other character, and I really liked the play style of the Mage. But then I died some more, so I started a warrior. And I absolutely LOVE the differences in play style between classes.

But I do die a lot, especially since I got the Staff of Snails and teleport. You die, and very fast if you're too reckless :)

I really enjoy switching between characters while waiting for timers, it keeps the game fresh and entertaining. The premium currency, although useful, is not necessary. But it does seem to help to quite a bit with gambling, but without punishing you for not using them. I think overall the premium currency is really well implemented. Kudos.

The pace of getting Legendaries (??) is perfect, as they are usually quite strong and game changing. Keep as it is! More will simply diminish the joy of getting one, and increase power creep too fast.

Excellent Action/Rpg.

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    This is exactly how I feel. It's basically the unlock option. It's non-consumable and entirely fair (even while the game is still pretty rough around the edges). No dev owes players an entirely free experience!

5. Manbat

Manbat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep that noted for future releases (and maybe just try to put it higher now). And please note, that item descriptions does not disappear after taking touch out of them, while touched in the backpack.

The premium currency can be just exchanged to gold. In gambling you can use it to improve your chances of getting better item, but those are still just chances - nothing certain.

If you can think of any friendly ways of monetising, I'm opened for them. If you can think of a way of making the game more enjoyable, this will simply benefit both the players and the devs, so we are really opened for suggestions.

Thanks! :)

Thanks for confirming that, I tested it for a while during development, but it was still just me. If anybody else has different feeling about this, please share.

Cheers!

6. x76x

x76x New Member

Jan 21, 2015
    cloud support?

Hi! I enjoyed the game so far and am planning on purchasing a 3rd skill slot. I apologize if this was asked before, or if I'm doing something incorrectly, but I was wondering if there was cloud support in this game. I installed this game both on my iphone 5s and my ipad mini, and tried to carry the characters between the two devices but it doesn't seem to be working. Is cloud support integrated into this game? Thank you!

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    @ Dev thanks for answering my question :)

8. Manbat

Manbat Well-Known Member

I was thinking about implementing something like this, but it's a bit tricky. For example, I need to make sure that one character is not played on two different devices in the same time. So, more likely this will be something like "character transfer" functionality. This won't come in the nearest update, but it's scheduled in the todo list.

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    All my devices are jailbroken strictly for functionality purposes. I don't pirate anything. I've been now reading earlier posts and reading of anti jailbreak implementations. I like your game and have made legitimate iap to support it. So basically I'm not going to be able to update b/c game will be rendered unplayable?

10. Manbat

Manbat Well-Known Member

It will still be playable. Those anti-jailbreakes adjustments are minor. It's basically a Recipt Validation code, to prevent IAP stealing and few tweaks around Game Center, which you probably won't even notice.

Cheers!
    -Pawel

11. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    Free market house item limit not enough ...

12. Manbat

Manbat Well-Known Member

Its currently 3 items. But its 3 items per Character, so you can actually place more items there.

Besides that, what amount would be satisfying?

13. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    Maybe 10 ;)

14. Bashemg00d

Bashemg00d Active Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I agree, 3 items per character is too little. To really get people to start trading, we need more items in the AH. I don't see why allowing 10 or so items for sell per character would be detrimental to the game :)

Also, I love procedurally generated dungeons, but not towns. I hate having to search for the inn every time :)
    Add a color to the store billboard or something, a simple visual cue would greatly help finding the stores quickly.

15. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    Yes he is right ...

16. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Exactly! I thought I was imagining things at first!

17. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    My Game Center account:

[email protected]

Who want to pvp , pls add my account ^^

Im lvl 37 waiting for u guys

18. FoxyWoman

FoxyWoman Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Pvp

Now, I'm 21 lvl. Waiting for me, Zupac!

19. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    This.

20. Manbat

Manbat Well-Known Member

So, it will be 10 in the next version.

As a quick-fix for that, I made labels over the signs visible all the time - not only from the close distance.