Universal Slice & Dice (by Oliver Garland)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mastery51, Mar 20, 2024.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #21 LordGek, Mar 21, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    I'm willing to bet that Dice Rogue was a quick clone seeing as the original dev of Slice & Dice hadn't announced any sort of iOS port in the works back then, this was something whipped out to beat him to the punch.

Beyond Dice Rogue never being updated in 2 years, it is so clearly an unfinished game, rendering it a half-assed clone at that.

elcrazy and sebgo like this.
  2. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I have noticed recently you and I have had differing opinions on a bunch of games. Glad to see we are back on the same page with this one lol.
    Loving this. It will stay on my phone forever.

sebgo likes this.
  3. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017

Scratch my choose starting character comment. There is a mode where you can choose your starting team. And many more modes to discover. Sooo I guess scratch my only two tiny negatives.

Game of the year material right here. This game, warm snow and flying tank all on my Game of year radar. But I think this one has way more longevity as I am already kind of done with one of those. I also never really have a list. Plus we still have some really good games coming up. That I have on pre order. Good year for mobile gaming.

sebgo and AltsKev like this.
  4. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    You did catch that you're free to bypass ALL unlocking nonsense in Options, which is tempting, but I've learned its often more rewarding when you need to work for stuff. Also neat, it looks like a lot of the "Cool" folder unlockable modes are unlocked just by winning enough fights (I think simply clearing a level is considered a "fight") so that you can unlock most of them through persistence alone.

Exile, elcrazy, AltsKev and 1 other person like this.
  5. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    I didn’t see that. The options section was overwhelming lol. But I agree. I won’t do that, at least for a long time. Not unless I have played for ever and there is just something I am never going to unlock. Love that they offered that. This is what I was saying. They seemed to think of everytbing. I did notice most things unlock just by winning fights, which is awesome.
    Such a great game.

LordGek likes this.
  6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I haven’t had much luck since my first run, I keep ending up with some terrible units but I’ve managed to make it quite far a few times but not to 20 yet. Some units are certainly far better than others so it’s not just luck of the dice but also items and units!

Then I kinda got sucked into yes your grace and now I don’t know what to play! But I’ll still keep firing this up since it’s great for short play with the easy saving and it’s very addictive as when I do play I keep thinking one more battle….one more run.

7. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the game mentions something like "keep in mind this game relies a lot on randomizing, so some battles will be unwinnable".

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A bit messy but I did get some decent synergies, used a random team comp and finally cleared all 20 floors on normal.

Attached Files:

elcrazy and sebgo like this.
  9. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I.......................CANNOT..........................STOP............................PLAYING......................THIS................................GAME!!!!!!!

10. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    This is so good lol. That’s really all there is to say. Fully a game of the year here. Soooo much to do and unlock. I love the menu system and how much info and options there is. It’s almost overwhelming. So much here. Just Incredible. One of the best iOS games of all time.

LordGek likes this.
  11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It’s a superb game. For those that didn’t know, when your dice have been rolled, you can double tap on the screen to arrange them vertically in order of your heroes. I find this helps a lot.

unsure if it was covered in a tutorial tip….which I may or may not have skipped in a blaze of engrossed dice chucking.

Anotherkellydown and elcrazy like this.
  12. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    um double tap doesn't work for me, dice just dance lol

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Try it in landscape mode

14. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

It only works in landscape mode, at least for me. Double tap near any of the dice; it might not be triggered all the time, but it mostly does.

And yes, it's covered.

Edit: Oh, nvm, I skipped "in a tutorial tip"; I just woke up, sorry. ٩(´0ˆ)۶~

AltsKev likes this.
  15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

16. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Unfair mode is so hard xD i'am at 0/5, someone win this mode ?

17. Chamomile

Chamomile Member

Mar 5, 2019
    There is creative mode in paid version that we can play the game with modding.
    A lot of people share their modding condition in the discord channel, it makes the game never getting bored.

18. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Wish I enjoyed this game as much as you guys do. I ended up deleting it, since I couldn't get the fun out of rolling dice. I liked the overall theme, game loop and the amount of available attacks and skills, though.

I'll keep an eye on your comments and see if I get an itch to redownload it again later. Good game.

(⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)~♪

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  19. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    IMG_6956.png

Yes I know it’s on easy. But that was such a blast lol. The amount of depth in the game is insane. So much to do. Sooo much to unlock. I just can’t stop playing.
    Love a good juggler!

Exile, ste86uk, sebgo and 1 other person like this.
  20. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think my favorite part of this game is when seemingly super niche (bordering on useless) powers of 1 of your heroes actually saves the day.

sebgo and elcrazy like this.