Universal SlotZ Racer 2 HD [Universal][Free]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zwilnik, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Trogon

Trogon Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Great, sounds like you've got everything covered, don't fancy your job of cleaning up 4,000 tracks.

As a matter of interest will the list of top tracks be added to indefinitely or will some be bumped off as new ones are added?

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Im pretty sure You unlock this after buying one of the IAP packs. Because I can download other players tracks, (I bought both packs)

3. Trogon

Trogon Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2013
    That's right, buy one pack (only 69p) and set Track Browser under Game Options/ More Settings to All. Then you'll see all uploaded tracks on the server (i.e tracks that users choose to 'Share'). Although seems as if this the Browse option will be put under Edit Tracks/ Track Browser in the next update.

4. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

#84 Zwilnik, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    Tracks timing out when not used or marked will help that a lot, but we also have a special debug version of the game we can use just for track server management.

The Top Tracks list should stay fairly stable with a few tracks being added to it from time to time. It's more of a teaser for the full track browser and a quick shortcut to some good tracks. I'm tempted to replace a few of them over time though, but you can always note the codes of any you like as they'll stay permanently.

Yup and even without the IAP you can download any track by entering the 5 letter code they got when sharing it. (for best results, share on Twitter or Facebook and it'll show the code on the pic of the track).

5. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Much improved over the original! And the original was AMAZING!!!

6. Zwilnik

A minor update to the Caterham Special promo version of SlotZ Racer should be going live over the next day. The main feature is that it's tweaked to tell all its players about the full version of SlotZ Racer 2, but it also adds a shop option that lets you unlock all the default tracks from SlotZ Racer 2 in Caterham Special if you want to.

Obviously, you get a much better deal if you spend the money unlocking the Caterham Pack in SR2 as that way you get more cars, track and car editing etc. as well as the updated graphics and sound etc, plus game center stuff. but it's there just for the few diehard players who just want to play the promo version :)

7. Trogon

Trogon Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Have had this for a while now and got the update. In Quick Race one of the tracks has a blank light blue screen, can hear engines and can move car but can not see anything.
    Also, having SR2 of course, in this special should I be able to access all the server tracks in Track Browser. I can only see the Eli track?

8. Zwilnik

Thanks, could be a damaged track somewhere, I'll get that sorted.

The track pack for Caterham Special is only the default tracks from SR2 and not the full track browser. So Caterham Special has its own Top Tracks list.

As I mentioned before, Caterham Special is a promo/lite game to promote SlotZ Racer 2, so buying the Caterham Pack in SR2 is a much better deal.

9. Trogon

Trogon Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Relaxed Mode

Am I right in assuming that with relaxed mode switched on it is still 'active' when racing in Champion Mode? Seemed to be when I looked at lap times in the first Champ, with and w/o it on.

10. Zwilnik

It should be.

11. Zwilnik

After a couple of issues going through approval, SlotZ Racer 2 HD vers 2.02 is now on the App Store.

This version tweaks the Track Manager so that you now have an option to view 100 tracks at a time and jump straight to a specific track number so you can skip through the library quicker.

12. Trogon

Trogon Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Great, the '100 view' makes browsing for tracks much quicker, though do newly shared tracks necessarily get added at the end of the list? Also wondered how I jump to a specific track number amongst the 5000+ shared tracks?

13. Zwilnik

At the moment the direct track jump is only really useful for quickly jumping through to the earlier tracks for browsing, but once we manage to re-jig and sort the track server, we're going to be changing the numbering order of the tracks so it returns the earliest tracks first and so tracks will effectively retain the same number for a while at least.

14. bonchon

bonchon Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Accelerator sticking?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Whenever I play Championship tracks with the fuel simulation on, the accelerator sticks unpredictably.

I often find myself lifting off for a corner, only to have the car keep right on going. I've tested this many different ways, and it only happens with games that have the fuel sim. It seems to be random - sometimes the race will begin with the accelerator already stuck, sometimes not. Sometimes it will stick in the middle of a turn, sometimes in a straightaway, never with any predictability.

Unless this is some kind of feature I don't understand, it seems like this makes the game unplayable when it happens.

Anyone else have this problem?

15. Zwilnik

The only change to the throttle control in the fuel sim mode is that the car will decelerate faster when you're approaching the pits (in case you are trying to stop quickly before overshooting the pit area) or it will autostop at the pits when you've tapped the PIT button.

In theory there shouldn't be any effect on the rest of the track and we certainly didn't come across any in testing, but it would be handy to find out if you've got any different settings, where you typically tap the screen for your throttle control (if you're left handed and using a spot near the left of the screen a movement of your finger might take it out of the throttle zone without it detecting your finger releasing for instance).

If you can contact me at info at strangeflavour.com it would be handy as I'd like to get to the bottom of this one.

16. bonchon

bonchon Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Thanks!

I just sent you an email with a video of the problem I'm encountering. I haven't got any unusual settings, so far as I know. Perhaps the video will make things easier to diagnose.

I really appreciate the reply here!

17. Zwilnik

#97 Zwilnik, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    A video would be handy,[edit]

Had some problems with our mail server earlier, so your email didn't get through (there's a 10mb attachment limit on our info one anyway), can you re-send?

18. Zwilnik

Thanks for the video bonchon!

As I suspected, it was a glitch when playing left handed. I've got it fixed and submitted an update to Apple, which now adds EveryPlay recording of the races so you can replay them and share them with your friends!

19. Zwilnik

The new 2.03 version is on the App Store now with a fix for left handed play and EveryPlay video recording.

Strange Flavour Ltd. turned 9 yesterday, so we've added a special offer to SlotZ Racer 2. If you've not bought any of the car packs yet and have SlotZ Racer Caterham Special installed, you can buy both packs for the price of one! (so just 99c, 69p to unlock all the extra cars, championships, car editor etc.).

It should automatically pop up with the offer as an alert on the main menu, but if not, you can use this link on Safari on your device to trigger it:

slotzracer2://combioffer071

20. DenverWillie

DenverWillie Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Modifying existing tracks

Love the game, good job! Is there a way to do simple edits of existing tracks, e.g. add crossovers? I know I can do the edits, but the resulting tracks can't be used in championships. I find Internatos and Yokoyama, in particular, to be very lane sensitive, and they appear everywhere.