Universal SlotZ Racer 2 HD [Universal][Free]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zwilnik, Jan 30, 2013.

1. DenverWillie

DenverWillie Member

Apr 30, 2013
    How does one play left handed? I don't see that on any menu.

I also have experienced a sticking throttle several times. I just thought it was the computer being picked at being beaten :)

2. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

You can use the Clone Track option to make your own versions, but at the moment you can't change the actual tracks used for the championships.

3. DenverWillie

DenverWillie Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks. How does one play left handed?

4. Zwilnik

When you're playing single player, the whole screen is a button (except for the area around the Pit button when the fuel sim is active), so just press wherever feels comfortable for throttle :)

5. DenverWillie

DenverWillie Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Track editing

I'm trying to edit a track I downloaded. How do you delete buildings?

6. Zwilnik

There's a 'no scenery' piece in the first scenery set.

7. DenverWillie

DenverWillie Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Speed settings

Using a flat out test track (uploaded as NTPMH) I found absolutely no difference in top speed for the power options with the electric motor icon. No matter which option I pick, my car runs dead even with the competition. The fuel consumption changes, but there's no top speed difference. Am I doing something wrong, or is that as it's supposed to be?

8. Zwilnik

The motor options in Pro Tuning are more about acceleration (the top speed being per car). So on a flat out track you won't notice much difference other than off the line, which is also down to your reaction time of course.

9. DenverWillie

DenverWillie Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Is there a way to speed up the track browsing? Getting to tracks in the 7,000+ range takes almost half an hour. It would be great to enter a starting number, like e.g. 3'000. If you need help cleaning up duplicate tracks, let me know how I can help :)

10. Zwilnik

Yes, if you tap on the track number (in the current version) you can type in the track number to jump to.

We just switched the order the tracks are displayed in on the server so this makes the number more relevant too. I.e the oldest track show first.

11. DenverWillie

DenverWillie Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Any chance of a customizable championship?

I've designed close copies of several F1 circuits, and it would be nice (as in: worth money) to pick say 20 racetracks to run a new championship.

12. Zwilnik

Yes, the custom championship option was one of the few bits we removed from the original SlotZ Racer in the update to SlotZ Racer 2 (mainly because its setup interface was pretty nasty). It's something I'd like to put back in, even if it's just a pro player option of some sort.

13. Zwilnik

We're finally at the point of being able to submit the new 2.09 update to SlotZ Racer 2 for iOS.

This version adds in all the MFi Controller functionality from the Apple TV version along with the awesome Zenos E10, E10S and E10R sportscars and most importantly sorts out the screen system to cope with current iPhones and iPads!

It's been a long wait for this one, so we've decided to make both the IAP car packs part of the main game now so everyone can play with them. The price for the actual game will be going up when the update hits next week though, so now's a very good time to pick it up if you haven't already (and as it's Universal Purchase, this includes the Apple TV version in the price too).

14. Zwilnik

The 2.09 update to SlotZ Racer 2 for iOS is now out!

This version includes the awesome Zenos E10, E10S sports cars and introduces the new Zenos E10R with even more power!

The main feature of this update is that it finally supports the new screen sizes on iPhones (sorry it's taken so long!) as well as MFi controllers ! In fact, like the Apple TV version you can play up to 4 player on MFi controllers even if you've only got one of them :)

As it's taken us so long to get this update out, we've decided to bundle in the car packs that were previously IAP content as part of the main game for free (and I've set the IAP price for them to Free just in case you accidentally try and buy them with the old version of the game). I have put the price of the game up by $1 though to reflect its size and all the extra content but as most of you will have got it for free by now anyway, that shouldn't be an issue. Beside's it's definitely worth the new price and of course it's Universal Purchase so includes the Apple TV version.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    The App Store says it was last updated on September 18, 2013 and that the version is still 2.08.

16. Zwilnik

It can take a while for the update to roll out to the various app stores after iTunes Connect tells us it's there but I'll double check.

17. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    The update is live now in the U.S. App Store#