Universal Smash the Office (by Tuokio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tuokio Inc., Mar 20, 2013.

1. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Took EAYR4KRXXKNF,thanks. Impressions soon.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #22 psj3809, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    PT7RWRLX3JTM - Downloading now

Edit - Controls well, moving about the office basically pressing 'fire' to smash everything you can in a time limit. Might have limited long term appeal but a nice 'smash' type game

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Took - JNEFM7MK73TL, will leave imps later tonight. Thank you!

4. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Took #1 J6RY67MW3WXP

Thanks a lot. I will post impressions when I feel like I've experienced the game enough :)

5. iamseamonster

Mar 8, 2010
    Fun game but its playability is pretty limited by the "buy your mode" design.. I think it would work a lot better if each run rewarded you coins based on points instead of coins only accumulating when collected in game.. I've had several higher score runs where I earned no coins, so there was basically no reward for playing well.

I played the most expensive mode on accident, and it was very fun using the lightsaber thing instead of the golf club(?), but now its going to take forever to get to play that mode again unless i buy coins. it seems like the game is forcing players to pay to compete/have more fun. I think if this purchase model was balanced better and coins were easier to earn this game could be a lot of fun, but as it is it will get old fast. Also would like to see more plentiful powerups, longer runs, and more weapons!

6. Tuokio Inc.

Tuokio Inc. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Thanks!

Collecting coins vs rewarding coins - we actually had a prototype of rewarding coins but decided to stick to coin collection implementation.

The idea behind that is that you do coin runs and then buzz up once you've collected enough coins.

The game is not really forcing to do anything - or buzz has to be "earned", we provide the standard shortcut options for people who "want to pay vs play". For earning more coins - we've something in the bag for that, coming in updates.

For longer runs, weapons and stuff - we're little bit stuck with your blitz model in this game but let's see where we end up with Smash the Office!

7. iamseamonster

Mar 8, 2010
    After some more playtime I have decided the coin collection isnt that bad if you focus on coins rather than score, but it still feels like the price balance is off.. Averaging 30-40 coins per run it'll be 30+ runs between LCK+ buzz runs. Maybe if you got 3-5 or so cans of buzz per purchase... It just seems silly to invest so much time in earning coins for just one 60 second ragefest.

8. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Thanks for your feedback! We'll adjust the balance a little bit in updates, with one power-up. The game also has coin rewards for "daily play" as well as for completing score achievements.

9. iamseamonster

Mar 8, 2010
    #29 iamseamonster, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    I have to admit I'm still playing non stop and having fun despite the grind... It's a fun grind.

But then this happened:

[​IMG]

What the heck? Why did I lose all these coins? Is this a bug? Definitely keeps me from wanting to spend more time with this if I could lose my progress like that..

10. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Wow, how did that happen! : /

Is your coin balance negative on the Store/Buzz screen too?

That's a new "behavior", we've played the game a lot and have never seen negative coin values, we'll have to take a look at the issue. We may send you a private message to find out more on how you ended up in a situation like that.

11. iamseamonster

Mar 8, 2010

My coin balance isn't negative but those coins were definitely taken from my total. Had about 1600 total and after that run had just over 1k coins..

12. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    : /

Please accept our apology,

We'll discuss and investigate the issue tomorrow and get back to you!

13. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    This game is really addictive. Thought the gameplay would be rather dull and repetitive but it really has this feel...

How about new types of offices? As well as coop? Or even "boss" fights haha

Thank you tuokio for bringing joy to my life

14. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Managed to grab a code, thank you very much!

The game is a great time waster, no brained, anger management game, absolutely love it! The funny part was I had a rough day, this brought enlightens to SMASH up office products and not get into trouble. I must again, a great stress reliever!

Controls are solid, however, my thumb is quite sore from all the pressing, how about a dual stick option?

Sound is great, crashing, pounding, breaking stuff!

Gameplay is pretty minimal, only one option, break stuff. May I suggest a "mission" type or even seek out special equipment for added bonus.

Overall, a great game and well worth the price, buy it!

15. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Thanks, great to hear that you like Smash the Office!

Very early on in development we actually had a coop working as same screen multiplayer. "Boss" fights have been a popular feature request. : )

We'll think about refreshing the office environment a little bit but so that it would not have too big impact on scores.

16. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Thank you for your feedback, and sharing your story! : )

Dual stick option - we have not thought about that as the starting point for developing this game was to do that supports "smashing the button". Our Raiding Company game taught us that *most people* really like to 1) smash the touch screen when shooting and 2) that only a very small % of players use the dual stick control option.

Special equipment for added bonus - We've the water cooler in the game in a similar role but adding more bonus objects is a good idea. Thank you!

Missions - we were thinking about using the "goal" system we have in Raiding Company but did not add it as it would not fit super well a blitz style game.

17. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I think this is their most polished game to date. Gameplay is quick, frantic and fun. Easily worth the entry price in my opinion.
    D-pad could use some tweaks but apart from that this is solid.

planck

18. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Game Impressions

ok..I grabbed a code, and played the game for the past day very heavily. Here's my impressions, but as a disclaimer, I own every Tuokio game they make, so they have a soft spot in my heart.

The game is very fun to play through the first gameplay. Smashing office appliances has always been my dream :p I like the theme of the office as well, but I'm sure the guys at Tuokio will come up with some more themes in the future.

However, I feel the game lacks replay value. There's nothing that will make me attached to the game 24/7 and getting addicted with beating scores. It definitely needs Facebook integration similar to Subway Surfers, so you'll make players compete with friends and family to reach the best score, which ultimately adds good replay value to the game.

The other element I would love to see added to the game is a leveling system, something similar to Jetpack Joyride, that adds multipliers to achieve a higher score or more items. Again, adds a great replay value.

But my biggest wish for the game is same-screen multiplayer. Tuokio makes the best multiplayer games on the App Store, and whenever a friend asks me what is a great game to showcase the iPad, I always recommend them buying King Of Opera and Raiding Company. I bet Smash The Office would be FANTASTIC with a 2-player or even a 4-player multiplayer modes. Please Tuokio, I want this! :)

Overall, Smash The Office is a great idea, and I think they can make something great out of it, but you can tell the game is still a 1.0 version. Updates and listening to customer feedback will make this brilliant.

19. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Thank you for taking the time to try the game and write feedback!

Please share your issues with the D-pad, those are likely easy to tweak and fix. Thanks!

20. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Thank you for your feedback, good stuff.

Yeah, we definitely failed make the high score element visible, partially because sticking to the "disc design" on the menu we've had since King of Opera. That design is a nice signature feature but it makes adding anything to main menu very difficult. Well, at least in Smash the Office we managed replace the "disc" with a monitor. ; )

Multipliers have been discussed, we didn't want to add levels or goals etc. to the game so we're kind of missing an element where to attach multipliers. We have to think about that, ideas are welcomed!

Same screen multiplayer - thank you for recommending our games! The sad fact is that we got "burned" doing local multiplayer games. What makes it even worse emotionally is that high % of sales have happened because of people like you, and now we're "letting you down", kind of.

Surprisingly few people are interested in local multiplayer games, could be a timing thing too, iPad is still a relatively new thing. So we're not promising anything on that front until we have more cash in the bank. Then we can get back to "fooling around" aka developing local MP games. : )