Universal Smash the Office (by Tuokio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tuokio Inc., Mar 20, 2013.

1. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I think the problem is same-screen multiplayer games in the App Store are a niche genre, so not everyone would be interested in. I bet they cost a lot to develop, and I can understand why you won't be able to deliver multiplayer in Smash The Office anytime soon.

Apple is currently featuring same-screen multiplayer games as "Tabletop Games", but sadly they haven't featured any of your games, even though you're still one of the few iOS-exclusive game developers! :(

I know I would get a lot hate for this, but I believe Smash The Office can be a good freemium game that could get you cash rather quickly. Add more items and costumes, integrate Facebook with it, and I believe it can be a hit.

2. Tuokio Inc.

Tuokio Inc. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Yeah, we were aware of that so it was a conscious choice but we were hoping that local multiplayer games wouldn't be as niche as they currently are. : )

Apple has done a good job promotion the tabletop play but you're right, we've not made the cut to the featured listings but maybe we will in the future!

Smash the Office free to play - at some point we will make it free for limited time and make the call on it's future based on that. We figured that Smash the Office is such a unique title, theme and gameplay, maybe people would pay for it so we decided to try Paid Game model first.

3. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    @ Tuokio -

Hi :D

Nothing major with the d-pad, but it I think it could be a little more responsive. I find my thumb sliding up the screen as I run - will the frenetic pace of the game I think it would be better.
    I must say too, the more I play the more I like it. Much more cohesive than your previous games. UI is clean too, I like that.
    What are the plans for any new levels etc. I think this game could be expanded in many ways...

planck

4. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Thank you for giving more details, we'll see if we adjust the d-pad a little bit in the next up.

Great to hear that you like the game, and yeah, our goal was to do one button UI! : )

We did the game as a blitz game as we were not sure will the game sink or swim. However, the original concept for the game was a level-based game with the standard three star rating system. We've discussed two potential avenues,

#1 Endless game, race or rage ; ) against the clock type of mechanic
    #2 Level-based game, sort of "XL version", time and score goals etc.

Would be interesting to hear people's preferences, possible alternate ideas!

5. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Update #1: Caffeine Boost out now!

The update adds coffee-pot power-up for 2X speed. Do stupid things faster with more energy!

6. #46 keenrampton, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Thanks!!

I really love such games which gives us some work to do like this!!
    Love a lot!!
    Thanks for making me smile !!
    And please updating such lovely games!!!
    office furniture Sarasota

7. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Thanks! : )

We actually may have used your website as design references, inspiration. : )

8. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Let's keep up with our Monday "tradition" of giving out Smash the Office promo codes to "soften the blow". Yahoo! and Best Buy employees probably should be obligated to preferential treatment. : )

First come, first served - please post the code you take, thank you!

#1 FXTYNLWLKWNL
    #2 KX77WLXT9P3T
    #3 T7EMXKA79TM7
    #4 6RWRKX46AKJ3
    #5 ART4JX73RR7N

Here's TouchArcade's review from last week:
    http://toucharcade.com/2013/04/04/smash-the-office-review/

9. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hey, thanks for the codes! Snagged #5!

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Thanks, used #1!

11. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    KX77WLXT9P3T taken. Thanks!

12. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Got 6RWRKX46AKJ3, thanks!

13. Dragon3leg

Dragon3leg Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    It
    Fairfax va
    Of course some ahole took a code without posting sigh oh well

14. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
  15. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Any plans for Game Center to be added?

16. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    The game has Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements, did you have a problem with those etc.?

The Game Center features activate and become visible after 6 games, kind of the tutorial loop we've in the game.

17. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    I just opened the game now and played a game and GC finally appeared. Just started playing yesterday. I completed the tutorial and played some rounds. Guess I hadn't reached the quota! Sad news though because as soon as GC appeared a huge amount of lag started in the game. Movement Dpad and hitting Dpad almost unresponsive. The game just froze completely. I exited the game , closed down all other apps in the task bar. Then I fired up the game, let GC load and played. Still very bad FPS lag:(
    Perhaps it's because I'm running on an iPod touch 4g
    PS: the game ran flawlessly before GC figured in

18. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    Thank you for the additional info!

Yeah, the Game Center prompt is pretty "heavy operation".

We tested the game on iPod Touch 4G and optimized a little but sounds like we should have optimized it more. : / We can likely boost the performance a little bit in the next update.

19. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Thank you! This is a real fun game with that satisfying feeling of destroying:D

20. Tuokio Inc.

Mar 9, 2011
    #60 Tuokio Inc., Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013