Smuggle Truck - Insane physics driving game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OwlchemyLabs, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #101 nesio718, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    ^^^ that sucks. Why are devs releasing their games on Wednesday night/Thursday morning? Why hold your game back? Only the most hardcore of iOS gamers know that Wednesday is "release day", the casual player doesn't really care. So why wait and take chances competing with the big guys(EA, square....) on Wednesday when the app could be released today?

I'm not saying thats what this dev is doing, but I've seen alot of devs have a game ready and announce a date of release like theyd sell more starting on Wednesday or something. This platform doesn't work that way. Get the content out ASAP so we can throw money at you ASAP!

/rant

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Sorry, but that's just wrong. I have to say the only day I ever buy games is Thursday, when the rush of new games comes in. If it's any other day, honestly it goes into my wish list or out of my mind. :/

3. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    There's been no update, it's not appearing under search terms used on the app store (infinity blade showed up about five days before release on the stores autofill, although wasn't available to purchase) it won't be out Wednesday.

Last we heard it had been submitted, then that changes would be made.

Since then, nothing. We're all aware that this site is the place to go first for app news, I would presume the developer does too. I suggest that without the lack of any further input that the thread just gets closed. Too many times we see that the forum topic shows a thread in bold that we were following for a game that we were looking forward to, only to find it's someone else gravedigging and asking when it's going to be released to no avail.

Lack of input from developer = loss of publicity. Let it be in their best interests to keep the public informed instead of clutching at straws.

4. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    You have over 2000 posts on A site dedicated to iPhone gaming...I'd consider you a hardcore/knowledgable iOS Gamer. Buy how many of us are there? Are these wednesday-waiting app developers aiming towards us or is there more to it? Are they being forced to wait? Too many questions and not enough answers....

On topic: this game is still on my waiting for list, probably won't be coming off any time soon. Where is the publicity?

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Please Read

Okay, since the devs are a little busy perfecting this game, would it help if I posted some screenshots to tie you guys over for a little bit?

6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    YES FOSHO CREX :) lol a little over-the-top with the CAPS!

7. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Alright. Something weird is going on with my computer. Unable to post pics. I'll try and post some tomorrow. Sorry!

8. iPro

iPro Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    YouTube Money Maker
    In Cali
    no more caps now :)

9. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Oh...so it was withdrawn from submission? I was sure that it was submitted at one point. And yes, pictures when ever you have time would be great.

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh cool at least it's still coming out, I'd almost gave up on smuggle truck as last I heard was it had been submited then no release came? I emailed the dev's but had no reply. Well it's good to hear it's still on it's way.

11. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    The PICTURES!!!!

Finally uploaded the pictures! Enjoy guys!!

Icon:

[​IMG]

Splashscreen:

[​IMG]

Level Select:

[​IMG]

Levels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A secret. shhhhhh:

[​IMG]

Enjoy the pics! :)

12. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    the screenshots r amazing! thx crex :D

13. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics, looks fantastic.

14. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    hehe. I have the real deal unreleased version of Smuggle Truck on my iPod. :D Suckerz!

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hey no fair. But still it's the same game just with different stuff in the back isnt it?
    I'm enjoying it anyway no matter wether it's people or animals.