Sneak Peak of POCKET MINIONS by SiuYiu

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by katte, Dec 18, 2011.

?

How much are you willing to pay for Pocket Minions at launch?

1. Nothing - freemium

13 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. $0.99

31 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. $1.99+

30 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. katte

katte Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Indie Game Developer
    Tokyo, Japan
    Here's our trailer! Sorry for the long wait.
    This is all we can show for now, there will be more extended gameplay footage when the game is ready to launch so you guys can take a good look and decide whether it's worth your hard earned buck or two ;)

http://youtu.be/mVYsodcib6w

2. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Very nice! And cute!

3. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Really liked it.... hope it doesnt take long....

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This looks more like Mega Mall Story type rather than Tiny Tower so that gets me excited :)

5. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Looks very nice!

6. cskimbrell

cskimbrell Member

Sep 22, 2011
    South Carolina
    Since you guys were great enough to answer me quickly and directly on twitter, I just wanted to go ahead and throw my name in the hat for if you guys ever do beta testing I'd definitely love to help because your game looks awesome and I'd love to be a part of it. Twitter name same as my username here - cskimbrell

Looking really forward to supporting you guys in the future! Keep the updates coming!

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Hadn't seen this thread yet, and I'm glad I found it now. This looks great, really solid, and I'm looking forward to trying this one out as soon as possible. I like the concept and graphics a lot. Hope to see it soon! :)

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    About the price: I'd pay up to 2.99€ (3.99$) easily - as long as there aren't IAPs needed to complete the game.
    Optional IAPs are ok.

But to have the most impact - and not crossing a "feared" price treshold - this game should be priced at 1.99$.This will at least ensure a lot of impulse buys. Or you do an intro sale for the early asopters.

9. Caminagetcha

Nov 8, 2008
    Completly agree with this.... Hope to hear more about This soon :D

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    For all that you hold dear, the age of freemium will be soon upon us. But it is is not this day, this day we pay! Sound the bankers in the streets, let no coin be held back, let no pound or dollar be stolen. This is still the age of value for money so let this cry ring out!

That's good I should make that my signature. I tried to do it in a 3916 style hope you appreciate it...

Free-mium games are never value for money with one or two exceptions at most in the last 5 years. Id pay 69p for this but if it was free I would let it clog up the app store along with everything else.

Game play looks promising, don't spoil that and don't give yourselves a bad reputation, 99% fermium games gives companies bad rep further along the line at some point or another.

All personal opinion but really from observation...

11. Quorlan

Quorlan Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    Have to say I'm really looking forward to this one.

12. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    im lazy and didnt read all of the pages, but.... OH PLEASE LET ME BETA TEST!!!

13. Caminagetcha

Nov 8, 2008
    +1

:d

14. Caminagetcha

Nov 8, 2008
    i was with a little hop this would come out today.... guess not :(

15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am with the folks here who dislike freemium and are glad to pay up front for quality games. I would likely pay the premium price for it, as long as it is not an IAP driven game. If it is an IAP type game, I have no interest whatsoever.

Unfortunately, the realities of the IOS market may lead you to other paths :-(

16. Quorlan

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    Any news on a beta or a release date target yet? Update please!

Q

17. katte

katte Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Indie Game Developer
    Tokyo, Japan
  18. Quorlan

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    Okay, so there's a bit of a wait left before the game is released. The way I figure it, summer is 2.5 months away and you said "before summer" so that gives you 2.4 months to release the game.

I guess that means you'll just have to make me a beta tester cuz I think if I wait 2.4 months I may lose my mind and be reduced to a vegetative state by then.

So how about it? Shoot me a beta copy and I'll help you make sure it's flawless when you release ;)

Q

19. katte

katte Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Indie Game Developer
    Tokyo, Japan
    PM me your testflight email and I"ll make sure you get priority consideration when we start inviting beta testers :)