So why haven't Harbour Master Devs been sued by Firemint

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by facepickle, Jun 28, 2009.

1. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Or the eBook apps should sue each other for:
    1) displaying words from left to right
    2) having each page labelled with a number
    3) using black font on a white background
    4) having a tap to turn control method

now that would be a good one

2. super6ft7

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, he said "it should" have more sales. But if you look at it at a marketing point of view its timing wasn't great, so it shouldn't get more sales than it has.
    Take example GTA4, they pushed that back a few months so its release wouldn't coincide with Halo 3's. This was because they were both serving the hardcore, shooter, 360 market so they got more sales.

3. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

no he didnt. He said it doesnt deserve sales because flight control is high in the top 25.

also GTA4....hardcore shooter?? when you say that it really means more along on the lines of the large FPS franchises like COD, Halo, Resistance (for ps3) not a free roaming shooter.

4. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Ok, let me get this straight... I'm guessing that when super6ft7 says him he means me (Palfince) and when you (walsh06) says him you mean super6ft7?

So really you are agreeing with each other... :rolleyes:

For the record I (Palfince) said that Harbor Master should get more sales because it is a better game than Flight Control. super6ft7 said that Harbor Master doesn't deserve more sales because Flight Control is in the top 25 so it was all down to timing.

Now someone please tell me if I'm wrong here.

5. super6ft7

Oct 15, 2008
    you are correct!

and to the guy talking about GTA4, it appeals to the hardcore gamers, and the shooter fans (me:D)

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Just put in some original tweaks and you should be good.

I mean as soon as Firemint can sue folk for infringing on Flight Control they'll have to do some explainin' to the makers of A.T.C (the original Air Traffic Controller game on the iphone but originally with a slightly less intuitive control scheme).

7. walsh06

i thought the first post was by you but it was him so what superft(etc)... said didnt really make sense. But ya i was reffering to the "it doesnt deserve sales" because thats just stupid.

on another note nice to see an appmania reviewer :)

8. super6ft7

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, i have been busy with exams so Appmania has been untouched for a while.

But in reply to you thinking what i said is stupid. Well as a game it deserves (in my opinion) less sales than FC because i don't think it is as fun. The COMPANY deserve less sales because of their bad timing.

9. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    did locoroco sue rolando?;)

10. walsh06

your problem is saying the word deserve. I dont know why but something about it just seems really wrong. The first is ok as you said you think flight control is better. Thats grand as everyone prefers games to others. But saying it deserves bad sales cos of timing is just wrong.

11. Karuko

Karuko Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    ATC java games from Lunagames were lots of fun. You could only change the direction of a plane at a time, you had to line each plane individually to the runway. Its hard to multitask something like this with a dpad input, you had to go back and forth till you got it right... They even have take-offs sometimes, something Flight Control is missing and Harbor Master takes as an excellent feature to their game.

12. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Personally I think William Higinbotham should sue everybody that ever made a video game.

13. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I thought this was interesting. "He is said to have expressed regret that he would more likely be famous for his invention of a game than for his work on nuclear non-proliferation. When after his death, requests for information on his game increased, his son William B. Higinbotham wrote, "It is imperative that you include information on his nuclear nonproliferation work."