Solomon Dark (by Raptisoft: creator of Solomon Keep, Solomon Boneyard)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RaptorF35, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Will you have one life such as in Boneyard, or keep your skills/progress upon death like in Keep?

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Brief break AFTER Retina Boneyard/Keep. Notice how that wasn't a question, but an outright demanding statement from a ravenous TA user (fangs and drool included).

3. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Just an update: Retina so far is testing well, and might be submitted by the end of the week.

4. Raptisoft

Haha, I meant after Solomon Dark is done. Retina Boneyard might be done this week, and Retina Keep possibly next week. Keep is trickier because of all the tiling.

5. Raptisoft

It works exactly like Boneyard does (you're one wizard, you die, it's over). However, what's different is that the College slowly upgrades-- you unlock new things that make each new wizard better prepared (though ultimately failing, since Solomon has to survive to be in Keep!)

One thing that will extend the play value, is that HOPEFULLY (and don't quote me on this in case it turns out impossible) you'll be able to create graveyards with triggers and action events, and upload/share them on a system similar to the system in Robot Wants Kitty.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Music to tha ears.

7. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    There must be a God in the heavens. I can't wait to see how this looks. Any chance of a comparison screen shot to tease us even more?

8. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Oh and I wanted to ask you about Robot Wants Kitty...

-Is it Retina and if not are you going to make it Retina like Keep/Boneyard?

-Can you make the directional arrows so that they can be spread apart from one another? Since they are touching I often go to press right and go left.

-Can you install a pause button so it would be possible to also return to the main menu? Right now I have to exit the app to go backwards, LOL.

9. Raptisoft

-It'll go Retina... Boneyard is the test flight, and if all goes well, Keep, Hoggy, and RwK will all get Retina'd.

-Hrm... probably not at this point (don't want to invest time into it instead of doing, say, the next game in the series, which Hamumu Games is after me to do anyway). You're supposed to slide your finger on that, as if it were a nintendo pad or something... but you don't have to be too close to the center to trigger it, that might help? You can press them near the edges.

- Touch the robot!

10. Raptisoft

I think the screenshot will just be larger, no? I.E. it wouldn't be representative.

You know, I can't see retina at all, my eyes are damaged from all these years of staring at computer screens. But my testers tell me it's better. :)

11. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Will the older games that are getting Retina graphics also get iPad versions?

12. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Alright Rapti I'll leave you be so you can finish this Retinafication process unhindered. I will be staring at my iPhone religiously until I see this update roll in, then I'll be staring at Retina Boneyard for like, 6 weeks straight :)

Keep us posted!

Oh, and I totally forgot about tapping on the robot. Duh.

13. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Can't wait!
    I love Solomon everything! :)

14. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    So, SD comes out next week? :'D

15. Raptisoft

No, I'll be supporting iPad from Solomon Dark onwards. For what it's worth, at this time I plan a complete remake of each game to support all the new equipment. The current hardware was just a leeeeetle bit underpowered for what I wanted to do back then. So I have this itch I need to scratch.

Solomon Dark = Solomon's Boneyard done right
    Deluxe Solomon's Keep = Solomon's Keep done right
    Hoggy 2 = Hoggy done right
    Robot Wants Kitty Saga = RwK done right (and folding in the other games in that series)

16. Raptisoft

Well, not next week... but it's motoring along... hope to get it in open beta pretty soon, but well, game development is a nest of vipers with a cold teat that dispenses poison (quote me!).

17. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    YES! SK and SB are freakin' awesome, but I only have an iPad, so this is great news!

18. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    No, Retina BONEYARD comes out next week *Hint Hint* :D

19. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I am glad you are itchy :D

20. Solid Snake Man

Solid Snake Man Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    EMT/Instrumentalist
    Sacramento, CA
    My mind. It just exploded. Dear god, all of the want in the world. Be still my heart.

Raptisoft = Love

Seriously though, thank you. Solomon's Keep has been one of my most played and enjoyed games on iOS since its release, and I cannot wait to mash the buy button for every title on the new line.