Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. rojas2

rojas2 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Some help please!

So I am fairly new to the game and I am thinking about getting the IAP, but I am not sure what to spend the money on.

Can anyone suggest what perks to get? What does each of the new mages do? Are they worth getting at all?

Thanks in advance!

2. FuzzyBear

FuzzyBear Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Hi

I really love this game but I got the same "Bribe Destiny Bug". Is it really free to rebuy the perk to get it again? I am not really a fan IAP but in this game I made an exeption, so pls fix the bug soon ;-)

Thanks in advance

3. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Yes it is free to rebuy. A pop up will says initializing purchase, but then later they will detect you had bought this before and prompts you to download IAP for free.

4. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    I downloaded this game for free a while ago and didn't give it any time. I must now admit that it is utterly brilliant. I don't how it hooked me so quickly. Strongly recommended for any DS shooter fan.

5. maycut

maycut New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    I was wondering, when playing as one of the new characters what effect does choosing upgrades to one of the original skills (for fire ball, explode or embers for example) has on the combined magic attack?

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    It doesn't have an effect-- you have to recombine to get the benefits, unfortunately. :*(

7. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    making gold is too slow.. :(

8. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    you can "choose?"

9. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Unlock the bosses and fight them with gold+ item/ring. They drop a TON of gold on death.

10. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Thanks for the quick update.

Just my wish, I think it might be cool to see a higher level build-up for the game. Currently I always die 99% of the time when my mage just reach lvl 24-25 regardless of build. Perhaps it will be possible to have an "EASY" mode for me to last longer? Will really like to see how a "max-out" mage plays like...:D

11. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    With the new update, costs of choosing your destiny is lowered significantly till you can have almost a positive cash flow even without the + gold perk and + gold ring bonuses... Or you still need to do some farming with boss trick every few games... Try it out. If I recall, it starts from 50 and has a 25 gold increment or something...

12. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    #412 ikemike, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
    Can somebody explain what types of powers the purchasable wizards have?

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    They're a combination of two of the normal wizards (magic missile, fireball, lightning, frost). I haven't tried out any of the frost+X ones, but I can describe some of the earlier ones. The MM+fire one shoots a spell that has as many projectiles as your MM spell, but gains the explode+embers abilities from your fireball. MM+lightning shoots like your MM, but then arcs out like a mini-lightning when it hits (I think). Fire+lightning shoots like lightning, but has the explode+embers abilities.

All of the special wizards start off with the two regular spells, and at every 5 level increment, you get the option to weld them. If you want to buff the spell after that, you need to level the base spells and then weld again. For example, if you have lvl 3 fireball and lvl 3 lightning and then you weld, your flame lash will stay at that power until you weld again. So even if you level fireball+lightning to lvl 10, but you haven't welded, you're still stuck with the 3/3 flame lash. I hope this helps.

14. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    #414 ikemike, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
    Edit: Nvm.

WOW. Athicus's combined skill is really cheap at defeating bosses. It's a magic missile that slows down enemies' movements and attacks, including bosses. It beats bosses in about 30 seconds... xD
    Unfortunately, it's not all too great in regular combat, so you just have to use frost. Athicus is definitely my favorite, though.
    OMG. Vorpus's combined skill is really good. It's the flame whip that takes the primary characteristics of lightning (targeting, branches) and the secondary characteristics of fire (explode, embers). It's pretty awesome if you get explode and lots of branches! Not so good for bosses, though. =(

Oh, and the graveyard "Pummel" is really easy to see in.

15. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    #415 mikkel1977, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    New Unlockables:

Wazoo the Storm Mage: Magic Shield, Lightning, Frost Jet. Welded Magic = Froze Beam, a narrow ray which freezes + lightning coming out from it.

Andra the Medium: Fire Ball, Frost Jet and Turn Undead. Welded Magic = STEAM BLOWER (my way of describing it) haha...

Athicus the Diviner: Magic Missile, Flash Freeze and Frost Jet. Welded Magic = Frozen Missiles.

16. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Anyone who have tips to get pass the boss when you're around level 25-26? The one that shoots millions of imps and you hardly damage him. One mistake at crowd control and you're dead.

My skills are usually (with bribed destiny):

Battle Mage - Max (6)
    Froze Jet - Level 8-9 +/-
    Chill Wind and Cone of Cold: Both Max (5-6?)
    Magic Shield: Max (4)
    Magic Circle: level 2 / 4
    Teleport

AND other misc skills as you pick them up.

Basically its shooting at him with 150% casting speed and 200% mana regen rings. Did so little damage. Then when he spawns the imps, do NOT move and he will keep shooting at the same place. Then just keep froze jetting them. Use magic circle as first line of defense and teleport as last. Still getting owned except for once when I managed to kill him. But the next wave is equally brutal and i died within 10 secs after that.

Anyone with better strategy to share?

P.S> Assuming you already have 2 X 100% skill and 2 X 100% Gold rings to repeat these...

17. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Just managed to get pass that boss, and a few more. Using Wazoo again with focus on battle Mage early on and attacking spells later.

However, at wave 45, when the boss spawn the imps, everytime an imp dies, I think it spawns another 100? And when they dies, they give lots of orbs and gold and sometimes rings and bonuses. Good right? No! Because of the huge amount of items on screen, it starts to lag extremely bad and the only thing I can do is to hold my fire button. Moving is nearly impossible and I managed to survive almost an hour doing this, with the number of kills getting from 70,000 to 150,000.

However I hope this was NOT the correct way to grind up the scores? Coz it's just boring and I hope the next update, Rapisoft can do something about this. It just gets too boring and death by lag is not enjoyable...

But still, cool fun game!

18. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    is there a way to recover previously bought things and gold?

i had to recover from an older backup.

ive spent $3 for stuff already :p

19. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    yes, re-buy everything. EXCEPT gold.

gold is a one-time purchase.

:-(

20. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    How exactly do you dodge the bosses' "rush" attack? I can't figure it out. Is the only way just to increase your HP and take it?