Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Keep, for sure.

2. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Do you take the same approach IRL? Just curious.

3. DieMonstersDie

DieMonstersDie Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Downloading now. Solomon's Keep is the most underrated game I've played on the iphone/ipod...besides maybe Empires at War (I'm serious).

4. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Is it just me or are the leaderboards not working?

5. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    It's not really said, but I do think it takes into account how many times you returned to town and how many times you died, along with other variables. Also, there's a hardcore mode with perma-death, if that's something you like, along with optional "feats" which you can elect to undertake at the start of each game, like saying "I won't use any potions" or "I won't buy any items from the vendor."

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Oh, I like Hardcore Mode! I can only hope merely choosing this boosts your AWESOME SUPERTUDE a bit!

7. kennethpetro

kennethpetro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Have you ever thought about being able to sell the rings you pick up in the boneyard? Or how about adding a difficulty level of "Normal" instead of just "Hardcore"?

8. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    This is an endless game, am I correct? If so, how long does a game take approximately?

Also, if I haven't played Keep yet, will this game still be good?

9. kennethpetro

kennethpetro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Yes, it doesn't end until you die. This game is godd w/ or without Keep but I say get both as they're both excellent

10. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Each game lasts anywhere from 5-25 minutes depending on how well you play. Also I recommend you get Keep first. It has a story and an end; I think playing through it first and getting familiar with the skills might make Boneyard more enjoyable.

11. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Wow, up to 25 mins?? I think I'll go ahead and listen to you guys and get Keep instead. I hate long endless games.

12. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    My average game usually lasts up to 20 minutes. That isn't an issue though, as you can quit and continue your game from where you left off. Lasting as long as possible is the goal, so that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I recommend you get both as they are well done and have a lot to offer for a dollar each.

13. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Oh, so there's auto-save?

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I had quite a different impression of the point of the game. I had thought one goal is to LAST as LONG as POSSIBLE using a single character.

So far, I had found this to be difficult to achieve. I don't know if the developer had intended for your character to die "almost always" around level 15-20. But I found that the higher levels were absolutely brutal and (so far, unfair). The poison darts, for example, will immediately drain your health to 0 (unlike the earlier poison attacks). This mean you are at near constant state of dying, even with shields.

I am interested in hearing from the developer what his intention is. Is this meant to be a "wall" with no possibility of advancement?

15. lefrisbee

lefrisbee Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    The poison is actually the same regardless of its source. It has also been nerfed significantly in Boneyard compared to in Keep. The effect you're seeing with the very quick health drain is probably more a result of the arrows than the poison.

16. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World

Are you you talking of Boneyard or Keep?
    In Keep you CAN continue and finish the game, if you re good enough but it´s def not a wall.

In Boneyard, yes, you are supposed to die sooner or later, thus ending the game.

17. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Looks like another game gets added to the wishlist..But damn I really hope the folks at Raptisoft come up with a better icon [yes it sounds trivial, but I like pretty icons]

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Is anyone noticing that the gold does not transfer between games appropriately? I had several occasions, when I exited the game and restarted it, the gold receded to the amount I remembered from an earlier "save/exit" than the latest one. It does not happen every time, but it is annoying.

19. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    As a huge fan of SK, I took this new one yesterday and I have a question : Solomon Dark is it just here to the mood or is there a moment we can fight against him ?

20. -Saturos-

-Saturos- Member

May 9, 2010

NO i agree wit y2kmp3... When the posion archer appear you know you can start over in 1 min because there is no way to surive them while millions of skelletons run at you..
    I dont care if its the arrow poison or the arrow base dmg its WAY to high.. They are the strongest enemys by far in the game and shouldbe balanced.
    Normal archer are fine they wont kill you if you go for them fast but these guys are way to strong