Universal Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 16, 2012.

1. theAir

theAir Active Member

Oct 23, 2008
    When Eggman is exposed, use the homing attack (press the jump button twice) to strike him. He will be low enough for the first two hits, but after that you will need to use the Flying Combo to elevate yourself high enough to hit him.

2. robneal81

robneal81 Active Member

Dec 31, 2011
  3. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    #43 Drewskii, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
    Have you tried to even play on a 2nd generation touch? Did it work for you? It downloaded to mine but when I went to start it I got a white screen before it brought me to my home screen. I'm very angry that I can't play it and my card was sure charged for this game.

4. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

No, I'm waiting until it goes on sale. Have you tried restarting your ipod?

If it doesn't work, contact Apple and tell them about it; they'll probably give you a refund. They've always given me one when an app I purchased didn't work.

5. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    If by restart you mean turn it off and back on, yes I have tried that. I haven't restored settings or anything else like that yet. I'm going to contact Sega first and see what's up with this and hopefully they will fix the issue (add an update). If not I'll go to apple. Anyways, thank you for the information. It's appreciated.
    :)

6. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Well i have to say this is prob the worst sonic game i have ever played the person who disided that large parts of the game should only be completed by having tails carry you while trying to dodge mobs knowing that even one hit will couse you to fall to your death should be shot

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #47 bigrand1, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    Have you tried a hard reset? That is, hit your home button (on the bottom of your device) twice, then all your games you have runnng in the background show up in a row on the bottom of your screen. Then hit the first one and hold it down for a sec, then you 'll see little red minusses on the top left side of each app there, and they'll jiggle. Hit the minus and go down the line until they're all gone. Then turn your device completely off, then on, then try your game again. Clears up the memory and works a lot of the time. Also, make sure you're running at least IOS 4.0 or later. Hope that works for ya! Game-on, bud!

8. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I don't know if you can do that on a second generation ipod touch.

What I would try doing is backing up your ipod, and then restoring from that backup.

9. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Unfortunately that is not possible on a 2nd gen touch. The iOS version is 4.2.1. Oh well, I'll probably borrow my friend's iPad (if he'll let me) and play on there until SEGA fixes this issue (hopefully).

Thanks again for the help.

10. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    I will try that in the meantime.

11. Melvin.c

Melvin.c Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    It has very nice speed, nice concept. Very clear sound.. I like this game.

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+3]SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4 EPISODE II[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    16/05/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to return with Sonic to form a formidable alliance with Dr. Eggman?

[size=+3][thread=135023]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]
    [size=+2]NOW[/size]
    poll will close on 05-23-2012 at 05:36 PM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

13. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Is this compatible with older Iphones/ipod touch?

14. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    I still love the Sonic series! I got this one on my Xbox so I haven't tried the iOS one yet (waiting for the Android one for my tablet tbh), so I'm not sure how it plays but I do enjoy the game quite a lot so far. Doesn't live up to Generations, and it's not as easy to pick-up and replay as Episode 1 since it has more platforming challenges and less flow, but it's very good!

15. I have this on the 3GS and the lag makes it soooo slow I've just deleted it.

16. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Game Impressions

Is it really that hard to recreate the old Sonic magic?

Apparently yes for those idiots at Sega. It took them more than a decade to finally realise it's a bad idea to humiliate your own company's mascot with all those silly games.

Too bad for them that when they try to return to their roots, they already forget all the recipes. And they're not master 'If it aint broken, don't fix it' either, so they MUST always introduce gimmicky gameplay elements that don't feel quite Sonic like exploration, puzzle elements or snow (oil) boarding.

I'm curious if Nintendo could actually make a better Sonic than Sonic team. They seem to almost always do justice to their heroes: Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid – from era to era, platform to platform, generation to generation. Something Sega can only dream about with Sonic, Alex Kidd, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Altered Beast, etc.

Maybe, just maybe, Sonic himself wishes he was Nintendo's.

17. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Man I played the first 3 sonic on genesis again after trying episode 1 and 2 and holy crap the physics is so off. Feels like inertia was doubled or tripled in ep 1. Ep 2 is closer but still sort of off. Sorry if I'm ultra late to the party.

18. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Update out

19. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Why is this lagging on touch 4g

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Had this on my wish list hoping for a price drop, since I wasn't necessarily dying to play it, but was definitely interested, especially with the improvements in the graphics. When I went to buy it I saw a free version of it, which I didn't know about, so I tried it out. So, you mean to tell me it is almost 2013 and Sega can't implement flip screen OR controls that can be customized? Really???

The game itself seems good enough for the sale price, but with these two blundering omissions, no way.