Sony confirms hackers have disrupted PSN

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Apr 23, 2011.

1. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
  2. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    free battlefield 3! lol. but seriously, i think the most they'd do is offer a selection of free games, because if you think about it, free psn cash of say... 20 bucks per person would add up to be one helluva loss for sony considering the tens of millions of users.

3. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I have a hard time believing they'll do anything for compensation, seeing as PSN is free and all. The only reason Microsoft offered free credit/games is because people pay for the service.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if they did jack crap for this downtime aside from maybe offer some shovelware PSN game no one wants for free or something. As far as being worried about your credit card being compromised, there's not much reason to lose sleep over it. Every credit card company has massive teams that handle fraud, and if Sony thinks billing details were leaked, there's no way that the proper channels won't be notified. It might be a little inconvenient, but it's not like every PSN user is now going to have to personally answer for thousands of dollars of fraudulent charges.

5. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    for this crisis of the psn being down, they should give every1 a $15 psn code... lol

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

If anything, PSN addicts should be paying Sony something for giving them a reason to expose their skin to the sun.

7. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Super mega ultra win^

8. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yea that's if the CC info was compromised at all, even if it was worst case scenario the bank cancels the recent purchases and issues a new card. Not really the end of the world, just a minor inconvenience like ya said..

9. Gamerl01

Gamerl01 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Cleaning restrooms at the local strip club
    Houston, Texas
    I heard that the people affected by this will get something free something about playstation move

10. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Why should any PSN user get anything from this? I mean PSN is a FREE service, but for PS+ subscribers and Qriocity I wouldn't be surprised if they got compensated.

11. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    So what if it's free? We spend our money on games for the system so why shouldn't be able to enjoy the game any time we want? Just because Microsoft charges for online gaming doesn't mean that everyone should. We want to play our games that we spent our hard-earned money for, and if we can't, we deserve some kind of compensation.

12. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    yeah people do realise they will just probably put something extra good for free on psn+

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Can you link me to PSN's SLA that guarantees any kind of uptime because the only thing I can find is the PSN terms of use which specifically states:

Sooo... Yeah, about that "deserved compensation".

14. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    If it was your spring break, and you'd just spent over $120 on games to play over it, you'd be pretty mad if you couldn't play your games online. Plus, now people don't know if their credit card info is safe either. I'm just saying that they should give people something for going through that heart-ache and worry. I don't care what the agreement says.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

If you're experiencing "heart-ache and worry" over PSN, this downtime is probably the best thing that could have ever happened to give you some perspective in life.

16. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    You don't know crap about my life. I have a job, a girlfriend, and I'm juggling 3 AP classes right now. If I want to chill and play some video games, then I should be able to without worry.

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I guess you should subscribe to an online gaming service that offers five nines of uptime.

18. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    I've owned 2 Xbox 360's and they both red-ringed on me, and I like PS3 exclusives better.

19. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    lol... ...cmon hodapp be the bigger person and settle this down... Btw if I'm not mistaken (which i shouldn't) I'm pretty sure $120 worth of games can only buy u 2 quality games (IE: Kilzone3,Black ops,crysis2, MK9)

20. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

The point is that there is no uptime agreement and getting all worked up thinking Sony owes you something is hilariously misguided.