Soosiz $1.99>$.99!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by LOLavi, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Well, in all fairness, your opinion must be taken with a grain of salt since you played the game for 5 minutes.

2. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I think this might have to do with the graphics not feeling as fleshed out. Personally I feel soosiz matches and outdoes nearly all of the other adventure platformers recent and older in controls, level design, variety, content, polish, underlying uniqueness, and the something that makes a game great rather than good. The only place it may feel lacking is the graphics which is where I think it is understandably a bit dated. I wish this had been more successful since a sequel would have been incredible.

3. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #23 Snozberry, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
    I can tell if I'll like a game or not within the first 1 minute, 5 was being generous..I was bored as hell forcing myself to play. There's no way it'd get better, it was life-sucking and draining.

I'll only play a game if it's really really good, I only have a small time to pit aside for iOS games so when I do leave game on my iPad to play at a later date/when im free, they have to be of upmost quality.

Anyway,.what's with the"you only played 5 minutes, you wouldnt know" mentality...

An inappropriate off-color example of his point went here.

Why would I waste more then 5 minutes with a game that's boring? It just doesn't make sense...time is precious.. For some people anyway..obviously not for some of you people who think I'm an idiot because I only wasted 5 minutes playing a crap game instead of wasting hours of my life on it *ahem*

4. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    #24 Quazonk, Feb 6, 2012
    Well, because 5 minutes doesn't give you enough time with the game to make complaints like "every level is the same, it's repetitive". You wouldnt know if thats true or not. Don't get defensive over it, it's fact. Nice analogy by the way. Most of us can tell if a girl is a big fat greasy lard ass before we decide to take her home from the bar.

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #25 EfratBarTal, Feb 6, 2012
    LOL. i'm considering making these my new signature :D

6. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    I'd be honored :D

7. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Probably still my favorite platformer for iOS. An absolute classic and something that any fan of the genre at least has to TRY. If it's not for you, that's fine but at least give it a shot. I bought it on day 1, spent countless hours into it making sure I earned a gold-medal on every single level and I'll still probably never delete it from my phone. I wish it had done better financially so the devs would release a sequel...

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Uhm, might not be a great idea unless seeking the mighty ban hammer. :)

9. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    point taken. :)

10. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    So, getting back to actual game play and away from insulting women -- especially since women do hang around on these forums, and this one does not appreciate the sentiments expressed, and could make similar comments about stereotypical gamers etc. but won't... :p

Anyway, my experience with this game was much like Snozberry's in that I found it boring and repetitive, and I played it a lot longer than 5 minutes. Now this game happens to be one of my husband's favorites, which is why I gave it a really good shot because we usually like similar things, but this one didn't end up "doing it" for me. He's still playing it, but my copy has been deleted. So there you go, YMMV and all that, which is why we have different genres of games out there! If you're on the fence, go seek out some game play videos. I usually find them to be helpful.

11. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    #31 chess, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    This popped up on App Zapp again at .99

Edit to add: I gave these guys a buck at least partly to support them for giving me Swordigo for free a while back. I thought that game was amazing, and all indications after 10 levels or so is that this one is a keeper as well.

Strongly recommended.

12. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    finally picked it up... very nice mario-like platformer with a "twist"

thanks a lot for the sale!