Soosiz - A gravity-defying 2D platformer (submitted)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touch Foo, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    that just looked mind bending and disorienting

2. Touch Foo

Touch Foo Well-Known Member

It was originally submitted on wednesday, but unfortunately we had to resubmit it earlier today to fix a problem that occured in some rare cases. :(

3. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    well its better to fix now instead of people finding it out once they buy the game and recieve terrible impressions

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Also a question that has not seemed to be answered...what is the goal of the game...

Do you reach an end destination? Do you have to get a certain amount of something?

5. Touch Foo

#25 Touch Foo, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
    The main goal is to reach the end in each level.

But, there is a secondary goal is to find and rescue your little buddies to get a better score and unlock some special levels.

Some of these buddies grant you with special powers like faster run speed. In some levels the special powers may be required to beat the level and in others they may just help you on your way.

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Now this is what I'm talking about!

7. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The minute I looked at the pictures I knew that this was going to be really good. :]

It reminded me on Gomi.

Any idea of how much it'll be?

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Really like the gameplay, but it'll probably take me a while to get used to the graphics.

9. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    I'm sorry to tell you that, but the character design sucks for me.
    The world design totally pwns, and the music isn't bad either, but what's making me not to buy this game is the character.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sounds ridiculous to me, you're saying the game looks great but one small insignificant imperfection is enough to stop you enjoying yourself? You remind me of the people who wouldn't buy GTA: San Andreas 'cause Carl was black.

11. Chronical

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    No :p
    It's just that I'm always looking at the design of games, that's one of the most important things for me.
    Even IF it's ridiculous for you, it's pretty normal for me.
    If I see a RPG with a great storyline and a great gameplay, but with graphics who every kid could make, I'm like thinking.. "What did they think? They could've done such a great success on that one!"
    That's just my opinion man ;)
    But for that game, maybe I'm going to buy it and edit the character myself inside the app :p (Is it even legal to do so, or post something like this?!)
    But except that little thing, it looks great :)

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Ok I see what you're saying. I care a lot about the art design too, and I agree that the character doesn't look great... but I could still manage to ignore it and have fun with the game anyway.

...and I dunno if that's legal or not, but I think it's going to annoy some people around here.

13. Chronical

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    Even if it does, I can still BUY the game and edit it, I don't have to download a cracked one..
    That's the point.
    Art Design is one of the most serious things if you're a hardcore gamer.
    There are so many great games which lack of good art design..
    That's because there's Crysis - Awesome graphics, cool gameplay.
    But c'mon, there ARE games which are better than crysis, but look half as good and don't have multiplayer for example.
    But they're much more fun to play - But I'd still prefer Crysis because of the eye-candy.
    That's my point of view, maybe you could implement an option in the next release with more characters to unlock, then it would be even more fun :D

14. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Yeah, I'm getting it!

Chronical it's kinda funny you say it's important to a hardcore gamer, cuz I am one (I have over 400 apps, and you can look at my sn) and if the majority of the game is good, I'll still buy it even with imperfections because of a little thing called UPDATES! lol

15. Chronical

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    yeah but I'd propably buy it when the update's released ;)

16. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    how much will this game be? I havent read through all the posts yet, so sorry if i missed it :x

17. Touch Foo

Chronical:
    Thank you for your feedback. It might be something we will look at in the updates. :)

As for the price, we will announce it within a couple of days. It will be less than $4.99. ;)

18. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Ok whew. Im hoping for below $2.99, but I would pay that much i guess... Its hard making decisions like this with all the good apps on appstore that are coming out :x

19. bootant

bootant Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Junior Designer, Senior Coder, CTO, CEO, Chairman
  20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'd happily pay $2.99. If it was $3.99 I'd want to see a lot of good feedback from other people first.