Soul Calibur port coming to iOS.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    If it were SC2, people would complain it's not 3. If 3, then because it's not 4. Just be glad it's not Soul Blade. Plus, I don't mind buying SC1 and then the sequels as iDevice hardware gets better.

2. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    How many characters did soul calibur 1 had? i believe this will have the same characters:)

3. robertgarcia

robertgarcia Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The roast for UMK3, KOF-i and SFIV is around 20 characters so I guess around that number for Soul Calibur.

4. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    I was thinking even a more touch device special made version for us iPhone users. That woulda been nice. I bet it will be fun hopefully there will be multiplayer online not just local wifi and Bluetooth.

5. robertgarcia

Nov 18, 2011
    Any news on this. With only two months for the launch of Soul Calibur 5 this must be close. I already erased blades of fury in anticipation.

6. robertgarcia

Nov 18, 2011
    #26 robertgarcia, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    Finally, more info about iOS-Calibur:

http://app.famitsu.com/20111209_11668/

Google translation from Japanese:

Cast in high-volume full of unique characters!

Gained popularity in the arcades and consumer equipment "SOULCALIBUR (Soul Calibur)", the catch of the information delivered by iOS! Swords and axes, their fascinating characters, such as halberd armed, each Sumaho brilliant move around. In addition, "SOULCALIBUR" characters who appeared in the total cast. Adopted a virtual pad that has been reproduced with a sense of traditional operation 8WAYRUN. Fans wait in the hope!

And an article in English:

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/12/09/soul-calibur-heads-onto-ios-platform-in-2012/

PS: After Soul calibur I'd only need Virtua Fighter and/or Tekken on one hand and Art of Fighting and/or Samurai Showdown on the other hand to complete my classic fighting game collection.

7. yyhakusho

yyhakusho Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    i choose samurai showdown..that game is awesome

8. robertgarcia

Nov 18, 2011
    That'd be great (the art of fighting characters could just be added to KOF-i)

9. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Coming out next week!
    Unfortunately, it looks like it will only support iPhone 4, Touch 4, and iPad 2

10. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Glad it's finally coming. But no 3rd gen support? Support for 3rd gen is starting to fall off. Idk why though. Even 2nd gen is probably more powerful than the dreamcast.... (don't quote me on that)

11. After a little research (Wikipedia :p ) I would agree that the iPod touch 2G and definitely 3G are more powerful than the Dreamcast, but keep in mind, the iOS platform has to manage an advanced OS, multitasking, notifications, battery management, etc. As far as I know all Dreamcast had to manage was running a game (never owned one), whereas iOS has much more on it's plate to manage memory-wise. And my guess, being Namco, we can expect an enhanced port of some sort (updated graphics, maybe a new mode or two, etc.). Also, it's much easier to support devices with similar specs (i4, iPt4, and iPad both run on A4 chip and 4S and iPad 2 run on A5, so only 2 chipsets need to be supported which I would assume simplifies development.

12. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    True. I guess the graphics probably will be updated. Whatever. It's probably better that it will run smoothly on the devices that they support than support older devices and have it lag I guess.

13. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    #33 Whiteplayer3d, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    Why not Tekken? Tekken is too made ​​by Namco. There is same fighting system, graphics, menu,...
    But Tekken is more popular (famous) than Soul Calibur

(sorry for my bad english)

14. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    Sounds good! Screenies are impressive.

Controls worry me though.

15. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I really doubt that 2g or even 3G are more powerfull than the dream cast which was a great console and pretty close to the ps2 in terms of power and with much better IQ for most games . If that was the case the iOS games of 2009 and 2010 wouldn't look like ps1 games but would be closer to the dreamcast's best .

16. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    It's 3rd gen, not 3g. 3g is the 2nd gen phone, by the way. 3GS/3rd gen, yes, 2g probly'd be close. And 2010 games did get there....plus very few games have used the full power fo the platform...

17. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    All I know is that I have an ipad2 and and iPod touch 4 and , with the exception of a flew elite 2011 games, I am having real trouble finding games ( ESP. Older games) that are even close to dream cast graphics and that' s for 3d games, let's not even talk about how much better (like a million times ) the dc 2d games were to ANYTHING available to IOS .

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Releasing on January 19 2012 aka this Thursday!