Universal SOULCALIBUR - ( by NamcoBandai Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 18, 2012.

1. NinKuji

NinKuji Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Socialworker
    Germany
    One of my game favorites, but i cant believe that it is fun to play without my beloved sega dreamcast arcade board. For those unlucky gamers who doesn´t own this fabulous old school gem and the original dreamcast hardware this is a must buy of course!

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Just loaded up the app store page and was mulling it over, then it suddenly struck me that none of the screenshots show the virtual buttons. I guess Namco deemed them ugly enough to get in the way of making a sale...but not ugly enough to actually change for something better. I guess that's sufficient to push me just over to the "not picking this up yet, at least" side of the fence.

3. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    ok i took the chance & bought the gsme for my little brothers ipod touch 4th gen & i must say the game looks preatty damn good better than the original & runs smooth ,the buttons are kinda big though

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    No. Just no.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Couldn't have said it better... :)

6. starfly3r

starfly3r Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    i can only see 10 characters in the video... i thought it will be 19 characters??

7. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    Please explain. :)

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Seeing how things are going, I will get this game. I'm fed up of freemium games, $0.99 which with IAP become $99.0 and similar rubbish. I really hope the game is a success and it sells well and they don't add IAP and destroy it as "GainLoft" is doing... I'm pretty happy with Final Fantasy 3 and I paid 10€ in this Christmas' sale. Hopefully we'll get better games if devs find an equilibrium between price & quality :)

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    As much as 12 bucks seems like a lot,I agree with the comment above, tired of cheap games with little purchases inside that would make it amount to a ton of money. I do hope you can move the buttons around.

And think about it, this is the first real fighting game with iPad support. No more 2x and thumbs way into the middle of the screen. Oh wait there is mortal kombat but I'm not sure if I count that game.

10. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    So we're looking at £7.99 in the UK?

I can live with that. I paid £75 for the Japanese copy back when I had a Japanese Dreamcast.

11. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
  12. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Will buy when it has iCade support. Without it I don't care if it's $20 or $0.20.

(And how about iCloud support so I don't have to unlock everything on all devices or every time I install? I don't understand how this isn't standard yet.)

13. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I wonder how much of the Museum Mode from the original Dreamcast release it actually has? If they managed to get the full thing in, this would basically be the best value app on the store - it was flat out the best art gallery mode any videogame's ever had, and I must have cleared that whole thing something like ten times or more back in the day, unlocking every piece of art and then wiping my entire save and starting from scratch. I doubt it does have it all, but eh, it's nice to dream. I'd happily pay a premium price for that.

14. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    I've tried the App on my Ipad 1 jailbreaked! It's not supported:(

15. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Jailbreaking is a very tetchy subject on toucharcade as it can lead to the pirating of paid apps. Best to keep quiet.

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Not to mention it says iPad 2. So if it doesn't work on unsupported devices we can help you. Then again, support the devs!

17. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Only 10 unlocked at the start and you unlock the others by completing Arcade Mode etc with different characters and that. :)

18. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Probably to stop those who jailbreak and install a hacked copy, which is a shame as not all jailbreakers pirate apps.

19. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    So any iPhone 4 gamers care to share their opinions on frame rate, performance, etc?