Universal Space Bounties Inc. (By Dancing Cat Development)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Yossarian, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Only five for the moment.

I will be adding more for a future update. Once version 1.9 is published.

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Cool...I just beat normal so I'll save playing brutal until the update is in. The relics are a real plus in this gsme because of the customization it allows.

I was thinking it might be nice to have strength and intelligence relate to critical hits in some way. As is, agility and speed are so much more valuable. The curative medkit for gas and stun is also a bit overpriced...given that it takes a turn to use, spending 9000 to be able to act one turn sooner is not at all worth it.

I would love to be able to have a choice in abilities...like skill points to add in with each level up, or just choose outright....there's a lot of strategy there. More relics will help with that though...it's just, with such a huge difference in hit points for bounty hunters (500 for two of mine) you're really at a disadvantage to pick based on abilities. I was hoping the four that I unlocked would have something like that, or at least better abilities. ;)

One other thing, the battles get tedious once the enemy strikes two or more times each...a speed option would be nice.

Hope this feedback is useful, I'll shut up for now :)

3. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #63 Yossarian, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Having bounty hunter abilities which can be customized on character level-up is also on my list of updates :)

I will reduce the price of the clear effects equipment.

That is a good idea. I will increase the AI melee attack speed slightly so enemy turns are quicker.

All this feedback is very useful. Thanks :)

4. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Version 1.8 of Space Bounties Inc. is now published on the App store.

Changes :
    * Added 'Berserker' mode action to combat. This mode increases attacking damage by 30% but characters are unable to avoid or block enemy attacks.
    * Bounty hunters can now pass equipment to one another during combat.
    * Updated brutal difficulty so tier one associate enemies do not use grenades.
    * Added a new sound effect when using defense mode action.
    * Added more information to the space location help screens.
    * Updated the level-up screen information about character attributes.
    * Character health bars now flash if red.

Version 1.9 has just been submitted to Apple and should be approved soon as well.

Changes :
    * Bounty hunters can now use a turn to change level grid position. Each grid position has tactical advantages and disadvantages.
    * The heavy projectile weapon flamethrower now has a chance to add gas effect to enemies.
    * Increased character melee attack movement speed.
    * Fixed a bug where high difficulty enemies could sometimes use the defense mode action more then twice in a row.
    * Added additional weapon information to the base help screens.

5. Dahorsh

Dahorsh Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Suggestions

After playing a bit more I have a few suggestions:
    -Make flamethrowers add a 'lingering' effect for 1-2 more turns that will continue to burn enemies that are successfully hit, albeit at a diminished amount of damage. It burnsssss.
    -It's a silly thought, but maybe have a chance of brainwashing captured fugitives and add them to the roster of bounty hunters for hire.
    -After clearing a stage of fugitives, raise the base level of all /un-hired/ bounty hunters so they aren't immediately killed if hired on later during the campaign. Not to the same level as the selected party of course, but something to represent that they aren't always complete rookies. As it is now, if you lose a bounty hunter or two and need a replacement, you might as well restart the whole game. Makes the universe feel less static.
    -Grenades and rockets with area of effect, capable of damaging more than one enemy depending on who is targeted.
    -More loot. More weapons. etc etc.

6. doomowl

doomowl Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Any one who play it on iphone 4?? Feel wan to get it but dono will running smooth or not

7. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    It will run very smoothly on the iPhone 4 :)

The game is not demanding in terms of rendering or CPU intensive.

8. doomowl

doomowl Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Sure? Then guess I will gonna have a try ^^

9. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Dear dev,

After seeing how involved and open you are to all input I'm forever a fan of yours.

This game will be a classic once you and the community get done with it.

10. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I've been debating on this one ever since it came out. Saw this morning that it's now on sale for $0.99, so I picked it up.I will say that I am encouraged to see how well the developer seems to be listening here, and continues to improve the game.

11. WildBastion

WildBastion Active Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I bought because I like devs who work to make their games better! :3

Excited to see how you improve your game!!

12. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    Got the update, but my level 20 sword still only does 45-50 damage, while my level 12 pulse rifle does 51-58. Yow, you had said the damage upgrades go up by more than two at higher levels for melee weapons but I'm not seeing that. I thought maybe it was in the update but I guess not...

It would be nice, if thsts how it is going to be, for melee weapons to have a status effect (besides stun for hands...that's a good offset because of capturing criminals)...bleeding damage over time, or something..

As is, the shield is much more useful than having a melee weapon because of its higher percentage blocking and reflecting, given that the melee weapons do so much less damage than even the pistols.

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #73 PBSNellie, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    I just got this and gave it a spin or two. Its brutal and challenging and makes me want to keep playing so I can get past the first level!!I do have a question for the dev: When the bounty hunters are killed, and you start over with a new game, do the dead hunters go away forever or are they resurrected eventually as the same type of player (but with a different name?)

Edited to say: Never mind my question. I re-read the description on page 1 and that answered my question. Great game!

14. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Yeah, I originally had the weapons damage increase by a percentage but I decided against that as the weapon damage ranges became too large so the enemies would get killed very quickly.

15. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK

Version 2.0 should be approved next Monday or Tuesday.

Please give a app store review if you like the game.

16. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #76 Yossarian, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Added my own gameplay video use the latest version :)

There are a few YouTube videos from other people but they are all using old versions of the game.

https://youtu.be/jN7Znyr2Y7g

17. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    So with 2.0 will you be able to more or less choose your weapons?

I'd also like to be able to change battle order. Like at the launch screen clear would take out just one hunter at a time rather than all of them. If you got your guy with the stun hands last, you are at a big disadvantage for capturing him because you only have 1 round and they turn red at sometimes 38% so it is hard to gauge how much damage you need at times to capture them. Sometimes they are at 30% and it still won't capture....because it's actually 30.2% or something :)

18. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #78 Yossarian, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    Changing weapons for recruited bounty hunters is something I am still working on :)

It is a major change to the game system so there is a lot more work involved.

Selecting team turn order - this is something I am thinking about.

At the moment with the auto-order team order (depending on how your team is ordered on the bounty mission select screen) the game-play is fast which is good for mobiles as people generally only want quick games.

I may add the option at the start of the campaign to allow the auto-order (first team member to last team member) or allow the player to select the team turn order.

Of course, with the player selecting the team turn order the gameplay will be a lot slower as the player will have to select the team member and then decide which turn action to use.

To capture enemies health must be below 30%. The fugitive cannot be captured if their health is at 30% :)

You can also stun a fugitive use stun grenades. With stun grenades any bounty hunter can use them.

19. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #79 Yossarian, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    I forgot to mention. You know you can change the ordering of the bounty hunters in the bounty mission screen by drag & drop?

So you can add all the bounty hunters for the bounty mission using the add button and then drag & drop the bounty hunters (in the red window) to change the turn ordering.

You can also drag & drop the bounty hunters you want for the mission. So drag from the blue window and drop on the red window.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Any plan for MFI controller support?