iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Just finished Sword of Halcyon, it was easier that Sin campaign, I almost didn't reload the save.

But after finishing 4 campaigns I must say I really miss detailed campaign intro and outro. Ingame texts are so tiny, even STEAM descriptions has more information on what is going on. I suggest that devs add intro texts and nmore complex outro, not just "ok you did it, bye". I can't feelmyself tryumphant :(

2. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, I agree and we would like to get more story stuff in there or even a small intro/outro vid. Have had to prioritize otherwise

3. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Hehe...although it's fun killing off chaos in general I doubt it would be all that much fun this way :p

The bug is most likely not a bug, but a memory or iOS 7 crash. Try to not have loads of other apps running in the background and give the device reset once in a while for fresh memory.

4. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Patch 1.3.3

Optimization patch 1.3.3. has been made live (only for the iPad) smaller fixes made will come for PC/Mac with the Fangs of Fenris update. (est. End Jan/Start Feb)

Should also clear hard mode difficulty bug as well as minor text errors

5. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    @Ajso

Thanks, does this fix the achievements bug? If not will wait for next update instead due to d/l size

6. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    #566 lilgac, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    @Ajso
    Since not playing any new games, wait and downloaded 1.3.3

1) in-game help text has now shifted up, no longer block. But can the % to hit text be position up as well? Still under finger touch and block
    2) achievements bug still there
    3) update: difficulty reset issue working fine now based on my try

Haven experienced crash so can't feedback on this

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Is there no way to make the update download size smaller?? I have to keep deleting a tons of stuff to make 3.5gig free space for each space hulk update?? Other normal iOS games don't require that amount of space to update.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought Apple had mandated those delta updates to keep patch sizes small? Flip flopped on that?

9. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    As far as I know delta updates are still in place, however Space Hulks lack of delta updates is _really_ annoying. My iPad rarely has 7gb free.

10. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    Can you post full feature list of Fangs of Fenris? Will it be possible to play old campaigns with the Space Wolf chapter as it was stated before?

11. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Man, finished SoH last night and you are right, was really easy. In fact, I'd say SoH's missions got EASIER as they went along. Messenger of Purgatory was much more challenging. I haven't started the last campaign yet, but hopefully it takes some design elements from MoP. The biggest problem with some maps being too easy is long hallways with easily predicable spawn points. MoP had tons of spawn points all over, many right in places you'd want to leave a Terminator on overwatch.

12. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Give them a spin in Muliplayer, then it's far from easy :)

13. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Won't post full list yet, but yes it will be possible to play old campaigns as Space Wolves

14. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    We fixed some achievements but I don't thing we caught that bug, so will probably be in for Fangs of Fenris release. It's not easy to find the actual error it seems

15. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Apples updater is not "delta patching". They require a download of the entire game.

16. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Ok. By then if it's still the same, I might just delete it and red/l and play all the missions again. There goes my banner unlocks :( . With fixes rolling out, this space hulk game is beginning to grow on me.

oh do pls push up the %to hit text. I understand someone at steam suggest replacing/ adding text with like what dice roll to hit plus modifiers etc (can't remember) or other info deem useful.
    I like that idea.

Waiting end jan for new campaigns and editor, great

17. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    Nice, thanks for the info. Will try it )

18. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Bought this day 1 but never really got into it and eventually erased it to make room. Reinstalled today and played through the first few tutorial type missions and must say that it is pretty awesome. Just another TBS on iOS that really kicks some ass.

19. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Some feedback on the memory optimization patch 1.3.3

If possible, we would really like to get some feedback from people who have tried out the optimization patch 1.3.3 for iPad to see if it has helped people with the crash issues (Some people still crash after 1.3.2 even with no apps in the background and a reset device)

I think it's impossible to get rid of all crashes...iOS 7 crashes for me randomly 2-3 times pr day. but we aim to get reach a as little as possible level.

20. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Can't help much here. I'm using ios6, prior to 1.3.3, the issue is the pause/ lag after end of GS turn before i can do anything and long AI thinking before they do something after press end of my turn. But despite this, I have not encounter crashes, whether there are running apps or not.

With 1.3.3, also no crashes also. So I guess crash issue perhaps is ios7?