iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark

For the lag to be reduced I think the AI code needs an Overhaul.

iOs 7 has a new way to handle Memory usage so it's definitely possible, but the problem is that people think it's our game that's the issue and therefore give it a bad review because it crashes.

Space Hulk is a "heavy" game so running it on minis and ipad2 with 100 apps open and never refreshing the memory with a reset = can crash.

I personally played though the full game on an ipad2 without crashing and that was at the first version, so I'm a bit confused with the reports there have been as I would assume the devices are more or less the same.

2. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    The only real lag I've seen with AI is when I load a save. When I first played the level the AI was fine. I saved, quit and did something else. Later I loaded the save and the AI crawled.

1.3.3 has been stable so far.

3. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Noting it down and I will test it myself, Thanks for the feedback :)

4. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Happen to me as well on this

5. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Space Hulk is a "heavy" game so running it on minis and ipad2 with 100 apps open and never refreshing the memory with a reset = can crash.
    This is something Apple should be more forthcoming about. I mean when you buy an ipad/iPhone/iPod you essentially get no directions aside from the very basics of operations. I mean I get it, they want their products to appear to be so easy to use that you will figure most things out yourself just using the device. The first apple product I owned was an iPod touch 2. I remember thinking "why is my battery not lasting as long as it used to" and "why are games lagging that never used to". Well after I sold it GameStop I found out about clearing the task bar and doing resets to counter this type of thing. Since then I've purchased an iPhone 4, ipad mini, and ipad air and now practice good idevice hygiene. If I play a game I clear it out of the task bar as soon as I'm done playing it. And I do at least one reset a day and have little to no problems with crashing or lag. Just wish Apple would include a real direction booklet with these $500-$1000 devices.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #586 Nullzone, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    @Fangbone: Nice idea, but then Apple would have to admit that iOS has lousy to no memory garbage collection. Not going to happen anytime soon ;)

To give some numbers:
    I use an app named "Battery Saver" for this, and there are others that do the same.
    On my Air, I currently have a whopping 56MB of free memory, with only Safari (5 text-heavy tabs open) and Battery Saver running.
    Yes, 964MB in use, hmph.
    I switch between games two or three times a day, and always close anything I do not use.

After using B.S.'s memory cleanup I know have 365MB free. Still not much, but the 1GB is far from enough anyways; was hoping that the Air gets 2GB+, but did not happen, unfortunately... maybe the iPad Pro rumoured for next year.

7. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Whoa, Messenger of Purgatory is so damn hard. I had absolut no problems beating the Sin of Damnation campaign, but this... Tried about five times to win the first mission, but I get kicked in the nuts over and over again! Not sure what to do to beat this one. Any tips maybe?

8. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I did beat the first stage on my first try but it was REALLY close, as in I had 3 terminators left with 1 shot of flamer ammo, the bare minimum needed to succeed. My advice would be as follows:

1. If a terminator is right in front of a spawn point it blocks it, this is really useful for temporarily blocking the first two close by spawns while the bulk of your units go past.
    2. I would go left, I can't imagine trying to push through the right path.
    3. Really save your psychic abilities as much as you can, only using the path blocking ability and only when GS are going to catch up.
    4. Don't bother flaming the early rooms, I made this mistake and it would have been better to push forward as fast as possible and flame the left room you pass through to save a turn of psychic blocking and then the one that is sort of middle-ish also to block the path. After that either of the other two rooms could be flamed to finish that part of the objective.
    5. Don't try to block off paths, keep everyone moving. There simply are no great areas to leave a single Terminator to hold off the GS. You pretty much have to push forward with everyone and hope you have at least 3 left by the end.

9. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    @Kirenx
    Thank you for that guide - I will try it! For the Emperor!

10. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Space Wolves

Not in the shop yet. Hoping tomorrow morning WAST

11. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    BUG HEROES GETS 5 stars but not a sniff of a review here smh

12. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
  13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm counting down the time, the new update should be hitting in about an hour, with the new space wolves terminators and campaign.....

14. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    What is this? New content?

15. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
  16. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    No it's for both Steam and IOS, it will be a synced release.

17. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

It's for both :cool:

18. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
  19. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Waiting for it to appear. Faster damnit, faster :)