iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Update is live in the UK.

The game has a substantial amount of additional content from the original base launch, but I wondered whether there were likely to be any further enhancements?

Hopefully we will see a lot more GW board games coming to iOS as these games are perfect for the iPad's touchscreen.

2. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Anyone tried the SW campaign? I have yet to complete the original bunch.

Are SW just a new skin or are there new troop types?

3. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Wow, so the new content is a separate download when purchased from the patch? I bought it, and am stuck at 2.11% There had to be a better way to implement this.

Edit: Seems like all the campaigns I've purchased have to be re-downloaded for some reason.

4. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

They became separate downloads so you can save space if you need.

I've downloaded everything perfectly fine a few hours ago.

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've tried the new guys, there similar but you get more close combat guys than ranged, they get a +1 in close combat by default, but can only get a max of 5cp per turn, and there's three new missions included in the bundle.
    Bargain for £2.99 IMO.
    You do get to use either chapter on any mission you like now to, so you could go over all the old missions with the space wolves or use the blood angels in the new missions.

Here's my first attempt at the new mission one, :( noooooooooooo

My number was stuck on the downloading part but it still downloaded, if you just wait a minute it comes up download finished even though the number isn't moving.

Attached Files:

6. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I'm really glad that SW can be played on all missons: I did not expect that.

Happy with my download.

7. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I had to close the APP as nothing happened for several minutes, but when I opened it, it had downloaded. The download system seems really buggy, the other campaigns are giving me similar problems trying to redownload.

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmm they all worked fine for me? How's you internet connection as they are all pretty big downloads, the app is now 3.7gig with all the dlc missions and new guys downloaded.

9. jnt325

jnt325 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Dumb question - are there two new packs to buy or just one? I'm only seeing one at $4.99 and just making sure I'm not missing something. Thanks!

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just one, it includes the space wolves and the three missions to go with them,
    (It was £2.99 For me in the uk store)

11. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I got it all to work eventually. Didn't seem to be an issue with my connection.

Everything looks pretty good, and I'm glad you can use both chapters in all the missions, but am I the only one disappointed that there are no new voices? The Blood Angel voices feel odd when coming from Space Wolves. Not a major issue, and I understand cost concerns were likely the cause, but it does detract from the atmosphere a bit.

12. jnt325

jnt325 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Thanks much!

13. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Does this update allow the player to freely choose any scenario to play in both single player and multiplayer?

14. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    We never intended to open up for SP, but yeah we have now opened up for the MP levels. As long as you own the DLC and the person you're playing wiht does as well you can play any of the levels.

15. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    We actually did add new voices to certain areas..e.g. mission briefing, but it's the same actor. We tried various other people, but thy just weren't able to deliver ;/

16. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Space Wolves are now officially alive and kicking

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/12/space-hulk-space-wolves-expansion-out-now-on-pc-mac-ios/

Also made a small trailer to go along with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7AVLgHkNWI

As a side note:

"Multiplayer system changed to only match 2 players with the missions they both have as unlocked" -Sliverleech

Next on the list is coop and we're already quite far with that, and as an added bonus we're currently creating a MP lobby system, which has been requested for a long time now..was simply too messy setting up MP for coop in the old system

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'd say the voice actor/acting is spot on, it's exactly how I'd expect (in my head) the terminators to sound. :D keep that guy locked up for any future work you need him for.

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Don't know if it's been posted yet but here's the new trailer for the space wolves.
    http://youtu.be/r7AVLgHkNWI

(Can't remember how to embed a youtube video?)

19. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Blue units in blue environment, well... Bought on sight )

20. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Please add new units and weapons to encyclopedia.