iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hi!
    Thanks!
    If your answer was meant to be for me (GC notifications)...I wonder how you notify a player when its his turn.
    Mail?

2. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    At the moment we only have in-game notifications..have discussed a mail version though. But yeah you can see in-game when it's your turn in a given game

3. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    The shoulder cam is not supported on the iPad Mini...it simply can't run there. May be a mistake in the manual, yes. ..Don't you have access to the pre-quel missions?

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #84 oooooomonkey, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    Really loving this, I love the tension that comes with dice roll combat.
    I just managed to pass the first suicide mission with only 3 survivors :eek:

Literally the only thing this is missing is stats for the missions, how many times you've passed/failed, how many survivors you had etc.
    stats stats and more stats, in my box for space hulk death angel I've got a sheet of paper that I keep track of my wins/loses on and I go as far as to keep track of which teams I was using and how many survived what room they reach.
    Maybe I'm just sad though :confused:

Even minus the stats this is brilliant and I've only played the first three tutorial missions and then mission one :eek: it's exactly what I was hoping for a digital version of the board game, you can even play pass n play so it's pretty much like having the board game on your iPad but without needing the space and having to paint your own miniatures. Can't wait to try out multiplayer I can see this being played a lot (like ascension)
    Also about the animation speed, I can't bring myself to speed it up as it feels right being slow they way I expect terminators to walk around (like walking tanks) (although even when playing battle academy I turn the speed down as low as it will go %60 movement speed, so that might just be me too?)
    Ermmmmm..... What else to say? Did I mention I'd like to see some stats in an update.
    Can't believe I'm playing space hulk for £6.99 :confused::eek::D I played this when I was about 10, oh the nostalgia I love it.

Edit. And just for the record. I bought the extra missions and the £1.99 has three missions and the other two £2.99 ones have five missions.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

iPad Air.

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks for the answer.
    So...if I do not open the game I can't actually know if it's my turn?

7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Finding controls on this an absolute nightmare. Very unforgiving; hard to see what direction I'm rotating in, if I want to see cost of moving to a space I click on it - but can't see how to abort that move if I don't like the cost.

The game may be fantastic but the implementation of the controls seems extremely fiddly which is really detracting from the gameplay for me.

8. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    At the moment you have to open the game yes, just talking with others at the office about having a special notification for the iPad version..e.g. a number showing an event has occurred.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks, would be just perfect :D

10. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Are you playing on a mini and how far out are you zoomed?

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #91 oooooomonkey, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    Seriously I just need full control to do this to blood bowl and I'll be one very happy man.
    Just finished mission 2 :D
    transportation errors mean random terminator placement brilliant

For me warhammer quest was good but this is how it should have been. Closer to the actual game.

12. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    So why do the images in the store say iPhone images but it's only available on iPad. Was so excited to play this on my 5s

13. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I just fired up the game again, and this time I did have the prequel missions. The only thing I did differently is that I had just signed up for an account for the multiplayer before previously closing the app. I don't know if that is related, and it requires you to be logged in, either way I was glad to have them available.

Sad, but understandable that the shoulder cam doesn't work on a mini. Perhaps (for all versions) an option to cycle through shouldercams in a fullscreen view? Just want to be able to get in for a close up look to better experience the claustrophobia.

Having just spent 45 mins shooting xenos I'm getting to grips with the quirks of the interface. Definitely happy with my purchase. The UI scale could use a size boost, but overall this is a great way to play an old favourite game.

14. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Any iPad 4 impressions yet? I don't imagine there's much between the 4 and Air versions given the point in the Air's lifespan, but I'd like to be sure!

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm using iPad4 and it's sweet.

There a bug fix update out already :eek:

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Holy crap the update makes you download another 1.9gig wth I've just had to delete a ton more stuff

17. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Does the game allows you to dive into a quick battle with the AI with a random map/ and objective once you completed the 12 missions? Assuming not replaying thru the same missions

18. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Excellent, thanks for the quick reply too!

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nope. I think there's a level editor coming at some point but I'm not sure if that's just for pc:confused:

20. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    We'll be improving that for the next patch so it's not as load heavy