iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Ok thanks. Now it's updates back to it. :D
    I had to delete warhammer quest and battle academy to make space for the update :eek:
    Glad quest has I cloud and I don't mind playing battle academy again anyway.
    My poor 16 gig iPad is running on empty lately. Think I'll be getting a bigger one on my next upgrade.

2. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Was there any answer to whether the IAP was an unlock or an install? I have the space for there 4gb install, though some sacrifices were made for the greater good. :D But thats about the maximum space I'm comfortable with.

Thanks for the impressions, definitely picking this up now. And that little part made me laugh. I've played solitaire death angel about... 30 times. with the expansion cards as well. And I think i've won... twice. (Three times if you count the second time I played and I forgot a vital rule which stacked the odds in my favour.)

Great to hear its just as challenging.

3. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #103 oooooomonkey, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013

Haha my win/death ration in death angel isn't to good either but it's a great solo card game.
    I did I similar thing when I started playing DA and forgot a rule so I didn't count that game on my record sheet :D, I had to watch some tutorials on youtube before I got the rules all sorted properly.
    As for the IAP it must be unlock as it's still 3.4 gig with the IAP bought.

Loving the terminators voice acting :D there's nothing worse than hearing my gun failed me or gun jam but at the same time it's great when the dice gods are in your favour and you mange to fight off a couple of genestealers in melee.

Also for anyone starting don't let the small map size put you off, when you get a few missions in they start getting bigger.

4. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Awesome, that is great. 7 minutes left on the iTunes download and 4.68gb free space on my iPad. Today is a good news kind of day. :D

5. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Suffering with my 16GB iPad Mini (it was a present so I wasn't going to ask for anything more expensive). All I have on is GOF Alliances, Clumsy Ninja, Coaster Crazy Deluxe, GTA Vice City, Lego LOTR, Nightmare: Malaria (or whatever it's called), Shadowrun, SW Pinball 2, AC Pirates, Sid Meier's Pirates! and Zen Pinball. iBooks has 819MB of stuff, Comic has 1.2 GB so I guess I can source 2GB fairly easily if I have to. Only 1.6 GB free at the moment. Guess I'll get reading those comics to start with.

6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    LOL, when you said "All I have on is...", I expected you to list maybe two or three games. I also had that device, and I was not at all impressed with how fast it filled up, especially when I had games like KOTOR and X-Com on it.

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Does buying the three IAP scenarios take up any more space to install?

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nope it's just like warhammer quest where you click buy enter your password and it changes to bought, nothing extra downloaded.

That's some big games you have there, I'd start by deleting vice city, lego lotr, both pirates games, all iBooks :D and GOF alliance as it's pants and it'll be fine. ;)

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Well well.

I hadn't the most positive impressions when I briefly tried the game on PC when it was realeased some time ago at a friend house (his constantly whining about the game didn't helped too) but I couldn't resist so I bought it this morning.
    Sometimes I just think it's easier to give Games Workshop my credit card.

Well...so far I'm impressed, positively impressed.
    I just completed successfully the first suicide mission (no tutorial?) and to be honest I had a blast.
    Didn't play the board game a lot back in the days, but I felt at home almost immediately.
    Graphics is so and so (iPad Air here) but overall it has a GREAT atmosphere, especially thanks to the sound compartment (Terminators voices, hulk squeaking, vapor....).
    While useless gameplay-wise, the shoulder cam does wonders for the immersion.
    I must say, while it shows its PC heritage, the UI is well done.
    My only 'problem' is having to press the icons to see what they are...everything else is smooth.
    So far, I didn't felt the urge to disable the animations (they are pretty fast) or to speed up movements....they capture really well how I always imagined them and so far I liked them so...will see in the future when moving on a 100x100 Hulk grid.

What I liked most is the 'old school' positional tactics gameplay that it offers.
    I'm sure in the ultra fast FPS galore of last years these super narrow corridors may seem weird...but stick with it...it really pays off (to me at least).

Honestly...I expected below average...and I instead played almost 1 hour without noticing and craving for more.
    Can't wait to spend the night with the game.

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    The tutorial should show up above the sin of damnation, it's called the boarding of the damnation.
    Someone else also said they had no tutorial though? Weird.

11. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I'll have to fire this up during my lunch break and play the tutorial. If this isn't all similar to WHQ I'll be sinking a lot of time into this!

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It's a lot slower than warhammer quest, forget an over watch and you'll be getting people killed,
    The frame rate is getting a little jumpy on the bigger maps, nothing to bad though but since it's turn based I didn't expect it:confused: not exactly that much going on at once.
    The mission variety is pretty cool so far, I've just had to flame some fallen soldiers :eek: sorry I mean cleanse ;)
    Is it wrong that I've only done the first few missions and I'm already excited to see what new things might be planned, random skirmish game, new terminator teams.........?

If anyone wants to send me a multiplayer invite its OoOoOomonkey in game as usual.
    Actually because the multiplayer is async but with no push notifications is there a time limit for someone to take their turn? As you might not even know it's your turn unless you keep checking?

13. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Yeah, first it wasn't there, as in there was just no listing for it above the campaigns. Then next boot there it was. The Emperor in his wisdom sent it in via Thunderhawk later perhaps.

Just had an odd bug, I was playing suicide mission, was having a perfect run and when I flamed the final room as my first action of the turn (winning the game) it somehow killed another Terminator who wasn't even on screen.

I think what happened was related to the undo button. I had sent the (later to be dead) termy up to shoot out the door to the control room. I misclicked something as he wasn't firing at the door as he moved, and I had tapped on the door by mistake moving him there. I hit undo before he could finish his move, saw the door was open already (1st bug) then turned him aside. I think the following turn when I moved my flamer up, I couldn't target the room itself because it still registered the bolter termy as standing in the doorway even though he was well out of it. I fired at the doorway, killing the invisible/actually elsewhere termy while winning. So yeah, that undo button glitched it I think.

The sense of atmosphere in this game is fantastic though. Totally digging this. I see my iTunes is downloading an update already, will have to get that copied across ASAP.

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks, I'll check back later...I just wanted to play and start a game, probably just my fault...too accustomed to the now 'dumbed down' games that even before you press anything they ask if I want to play a tutorial :p

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Is it just me or apparently the game seems stuck in 'thinking' when the aliens moves are done.
    There is a noticeable 'freeze' between the gene stealers moves and when you can issue commands to your terminators.
    You can move the map at will, but you can't select them (no UI).
    Seems a bit weird...as the CPU is thinking for moves....when the moves are completed.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Well...it's nothing like Warhammer Quest to be honest, they are very different games.
    I think you could like this as much tough.

See you in the space.
    Or in Moscow.

Whatever.

:p

17. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Anyone tried this on iPad 2? If so Is it missing the shoulder cam on iPad 2?

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    lol.

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Pretty sure it was confimed that the iPad2 and iPad mini have no shoulder cam but to be honest I'd say that it would be fine without the shoulder cam anyway, can't comment on how it runs on iPad 2 though.

20. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    What about the iPad 3?