Space Legend [NZ, Netherlands]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SpaceLegend, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceLegend

SpaceLegend Well-Known Member

When you set a fleet to take off, and you're seeing the solar system where you're in, tap the UP button on the top-left corner of the screen and you'll be able to select neighboring star systems to travel there. Please confirm this works, we guess it's not as obvious as we believed.

2. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Why my game never loads?

3. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #23 TywinTheVile, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Try restarting your device right after installing.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    No sounds here iPhone 7 plus.

5. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #25 JindoFox, Oct 23, 2016
    Typo in the logs... developer is Spanish so it's understandable
    "Jindofox lose a battle against Art" should be "lost"
    (Won is OK as is)

Agreed about ending to force quit battles where the computer doesn't know what happened ...that's the #1 urgent bug to fix I've found.

I would consider adding more about how to play cards in space battles. Are they just passive modifiers?

I'm almost ready to buy my third fleet. I hope all the progress I've made today will transfer to the full game.

6. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    Same Problem on my 7+ even after restarting the Phone.

7. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    #27 JindoFox, Oct 23, 2016
    That UP arrow in the top left is good for a lot of things ...but its function depends on context. I suggest you label it... sometimes it takes you from the big map to the local map, sometimes it takes you away from the shop screen ...

I JUST NOW realized that you can skip battles by letting them time out, or by hitting that same up arrow in the top left. This should be more obvious.

I'd pay US$10 to permanently cut all the timers in half or better. Lots of waiting in this otherwise fun game.

8. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    I think I understand some rudimentary tactics about space battles now, but it's far from obvious. Pick your ship, pick a modifier card if you want, pick a target, hit play...I assume, since that sorta seems to work. Hit ALL IN to send everyone into the fray in full aggressive mode.

100 stars to get a star destroyer seemed impossible until I started exploring. I bought one on my own just now, its like the Ur-Quan Dreadnaught in Star Control, slow to turn but very powerful guns. I like it. Another for free in exchange for beta testing will be nice.

I will be somewhat bummed once I've filled out the map that there's no place else to visit. Could you put a marker on planets we have gone to, like Galaxy on Fire does?

This game is really floating my space boat, thanks for making it.

9. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    The Hyper Claymore will have to wait until I'm level eight.

10. Quix

Quix Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I would really like to see an option to buy stars for gold.

11. chanandler

chanandler Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I am the Director of Aesthetics and Cosmicatology.
    UK
    I'm guessing the 100 free stars is only for positive feedback as no free stars have come my way today???

12. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Lol. No free stars here either.

13. MrFairbanks

MrFairbanks New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    100 Stars

I think that I just received my 100 stars, now I just need to reach level 8 before I can purchase the ship.
    I think it would be cool if we were able to barter and trade with each other while on our way to other systems and planets.
    I also think that at random times getting pulled over by the space police could be interesting. Let's say that you're carrying contraband, ouch, you could get it taken & have to pay a fine.
    Just some thoughts.

14. SpaceLegend

Hello earthlings!

We've had a small glitch that has curved the fabric of space-time around our game server and has slowed down us sending you guys the 100 stars we promised. As far as we can see, the glitch is fixed, so everyone should have stars now, so we hereby declare this promotion over. If this is not true, please respond, and sorry for the problem. So go crazy. Buy a ship. Get better heroes.

Also, we have fixed the glitch that caused battles to sometimes reach the end and remain there until the end of time, causing you to have to reboot. Now all battles should finish properly. If this still happens, please can you let us know here or at our email address?

Last, but not least, we're readying our first update, hopefully coming on time for the Halloween break, which includes many fixes, and new features such as being able to see planet contents from orbit once discovered.
    Oh and we're doing forums, so we don't need to hijack the poor toucharcade guys and you can discuss all things Spacelegend properly.

See you guys in SpaceLegend!

15. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Anyone know how I can get more than three cards in my fleet?

16. SpaceLegend

Not yet, coming soon!

17. SpaceLegend

#37 SpaceLegend, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    We are happy to announce the official Space Legend forums, at forums.spacelegend.com. This way you can ask questions and slowly build the SL community without cluttering Toucharcade so much. If you go there now, you'll find our lovely second video with a Battle Tutorial. We hope you enjoy it!

18. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Bug: game hangs when I purchase battle cards. Have to force quit and restart.

19. SpaceLegend

Space Legend soft launch, Update 1

Hello!

After all the valuable feedack we got from the community, we've just released a new version of Space Legend, our space-themed MMO for IOS. We've had more than 7,000 space battles in the last week, and lots of positive comments from players. Here are the main changes on this new update:

- You can now see planet contents from orbit (goods & shipyard contents)
    - You must now visit all planets on a star system for the jump gates to unlock
    - Fixed the initial tutorial so it's easier to follow
    - Fixed a million small bugs

We've also made a tutorial video for the battle system, presenting the different gameplay mechanics. You can watch it here:

The game is still available in NZ and NL only, but we plan to open up the rest of the world in two weeks. Here are the download links:

New Zealand: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/space-legend-battle-for-eternity/id1110771005?mt=8&uo=4
    Netherlands: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/space-legend-battle-for-eternity/id1110771005?ls=1&mt=8

Last, if you find anything you want to share with us, please do so in our forums at http://forums.spacelegend.com/

So if you played the original version, go get the new one, it's much better. And if you didn't play Space Legend, now is your chance to conquer the galaxy!

20. SpaceLegend

Space Legend soft launch, Update 1

Hello!

After all the valuable feedack we got from the community, we've just released a new version of Space Legend, our space-themed MMO for IOS. We've had more than 7,000 space battles in the last week, and lots of positive comments from players. Here are the main changes on this new update:

- You can now see planet contents from orbit (goods & shipyard contents)
    - You must now visit all planets on a star system for the jump gates to unlock
    - Fixed the initial tutorial so it's easier to follow
    - Fixed a million small bugs

We've also made a tutorial video for the battle system, presenting the different gameplay mechanics. You can watch it here:

The game is still available in NZ and NL only, but we plan to open up the rest of the world in two weeks. Here are the download links:

New Zealand: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/space-legend-battle-for-eternity/id1110771005?mt=8&uo=4
    Netherlands: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/space-legend-battle-for-eternity/id1110771005?ls=1&mt=8

Last, if you find anything you want to share with us, please do so in our forums at http://forums.spacelegend.com/

So if you played the original version, go get the new one, it's much better. And if you didn't play Space Legend, now is your chance to conquer the galaxy!