Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Hey Pixelbite, loved the 2nd chapter, I thought it was even better than the excellent first chapter as it added a lot of variety to the gameplay. I really enjoyed playing as other characters too.

I played on an iPad Air, with virtual controls and found them to be very good.

The only thing I don't like is having to replay levels over and over and over again to get the extra rewards. I stopped doing it completely in chapter 2.

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Took me a while to get into it as well. I put it down for ages and then tried it again and got hooked.... And I think my issues early on were the same as yours

There are ways to avoid frantic firefights possibly down to the better weapons you aquire? Even the boss fights can be done in a sneaky way sometimes.

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    A shotgun from close up and behind usually puts enemies down in a single shot.

4. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    U guys do u know where i can find the 4th clue in the 3rd mission saving gavin i have 3/4 but i checked everywhere do i need to do something special to get it because its driving me insane atm

Loving the game got few missions further but the clue is bugging me inmensily so decided to get that off my back first so if u guys could help me out thatd be great and much apriciated

5. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Chapter 2 is great. Unfortunately I just go a new iPad and it did not sync iCloud correctly. So I am playing from the beginning again to get back up to chapter 2 lol. Still enjoying this game a lot.

6. markl

markl Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Great game - I've never liked (that is, I never was adept) with twin-stick shooters, but the controls in this game work for me.

One thing I'm struggling with is finding an efficient/safe way to kill the 'bugs' in chapter 2. I find myself shooting at them as I run backwards, burning through a lot of ammo, and getting killed more frequently than when up against other enemies.

Also, is there any importance in gathering all the clues? Does the game change in any way? I don't worry too much about them, but when I finish and start up the game for a second round, I'll make a point of gathering them all up

7. putative

putative New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    How do you 100% a mission?

Sorry, super basic question here: I am loving this game (just got my "four-minute sniper rifle" at last, and finished Brady's Band), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to 100% some of the earlier levels, despite getting 5 stars and all of the "clues."

It's clearly because I haven't gotten some of the "gift" icons (the third row in the upper left for each mission on the world map)—but what are those and how do you find them? I replayed the tutorial but couldn't find an explanation anywhere. I keep replaying the levels and searching all the corners and dead ends, but I don't even know what I'm looking for.

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    You have to complete the levels multiple times and get all the rewards.

9. putative

putative New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    No, I totally get that you need to replay levels mutiple times, and I've done that and have worked my way up to five "stars" and gotten multiple new weapons, armor, grenades, hats, etc.

My problem is that I don't know what the gift icon thing is. I've five-starred, gotten all the clues, but I'm missing the "gifts." Are those the power-ups (like camouflage, steel skin, etc.)? Something else?

For example, on "Old Man Jenkins" here I've gotten 2 out of 4 "gifts" in the upper left, so I'm only at 75% complete:

[​IMG]

10. putative

putative New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Ohhhhh! Sorry, I reread your answer: REWARDS. You have to hoover up every posisble reward in a level to 100% it. THANK YOU! Idk why that didn't occur to me.

11. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Space Marshals going on sale today until tuesday next week - So if you haven't already, here's your chance to go get it! Happy Easter!!

12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm thinking this game doesn't need checkpoints. Each level can be completed in less then 15 minutes. Once you get the hang of the game the levels aren't very difficult. Using checkpoint takes the challenge out of the game all together.

13. Kinam

Kinam New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Love it

Man, I am super loving this game.

14. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    If you get a phone call or have to leave the game for a minute, you shouldn't have to restart the level at the beginning again.

So maybe not checkpoints per se, but it needs a more persistent autosave.

15. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Agreed. It's possible to have auto save without giving the user the option to go back to a previous save if they die, so it doesn't make the game easier, but just allows you to interrupt your play session without losing your place. Wayward Souls is a good example of a game which does this, and I don't think anyone would claim that game is easy. You can exit the game in the middle of a dungeon without losing your place, but if you die you go right back to the beginning of the dungeon.

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    This should be a requirement for all IOS games.

17. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Damn!

I was going to pick this up while it was on sale buy bought mhfu cuz IT was on sale an I was gonna get this too barring enough room on my phone and now...

Sadface

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    So you can save $1?

19. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    #419 Moocow, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    This game is frustratingly hard. Hate how you have to restart the ENTIRE level if you die if you want 5 stars, which is very very easy to happen on the level with a dozen snipers. Each shot takes away like 75% of your HP and it's very difficult to tell if you're in the sniper's line of sight or not since for some reason the laser sight goes through obstacles.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you are in their sniper's line of sight then you are doing it wrong. Stealth it out. ;)

Even Rambo himself had to take cover more than a few times.