Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment) [TA 2010 GotY]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Venan, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Great game. Need more levels. I beat it in 5 hours!

2. V_Mark

V_Mark Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Game designer
    CT
    You can flip your screen simply by turning your device upside down. This is handy if you have an iPhone and your headphone jack is in the way of your left hand (like it was for me).

3. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    This update seems to have caused a severe slowdown for me..Just went to clear a field after the update and everything was extremely sluggish..

4. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Updated version seems to have sound cutting out at various points ... can be playing a level and gun sounds drop or interface sounds drop...

Shame really ... still hoping they introduce a new campaign - on 3rd or so play through and its fun but i can imagine this game being epic if they took the engine and created something like a privateer 2 or elite style game.

5. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Hey guys, it would be great if you head over to our support page and log the issues you are having. We did make some changes to sound to reduce the performance overhead, but if you are seeing performance and sound dropping issues - that's no good. Just click on the support link in my sig.

Thanks for your help!

6. aliceinwonderland

Mar 6, 2010
    #986 aliceinwonderland, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
    yeah..me too.

I think performance is reduced.... :confused:

7. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Beste game of febrauri:D

I have know all the achievements accept for one. That is the achievement for completing the game without dying. But i just dont want to get that achievement because the game wil be over for me then:(

8. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm trying to get the "Ol Jalopy" achievement, it's been easy going until the shredder boss. The first two forms are a breeze but the final stage kills me every time! Any ideas on how to defeat him for good? Even with the best engine the shredder is able to catch up to me and buzz me to death! I have the most advanced engine, shield, scanner, ect. Currently have the anti-stun, 20% shield recharge and 20% weapon fire rate tech equipped. Experimenting with both the best energy and kinetic weapons.

9. Champagne01

Champagne01 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Awesome game - it is absolutely so much fun! This and only a few others top my list of great iDevice games.

Quick question - when do you get the 2nd thrust button (super thrust that propels you forward and then recharges)? The button seems to have just appeared for me and I can't remember/see how it was unlocked?

Is this linked to the mining drill?

10. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yes the thrust special ability is only when you have the drill equipped.

11. EnigmaticOddity

Mar 1, 2010
    Keep your eye on the scanner whenever the boss is not on screen. As soon as you hear the boss charging up for a dash attack and you see him charging, move perpendicular to his trajectory. He does this three times in a row each time, so I usually end up travelling in a sort of circle. You should be able to do this much more easily than in the large hull ship because you will accelerate faster.

The best way to attack him is to get as far away as possible from him while still having him on your short range scanners (you will unlikely get too far from him), turn around and fire backwards. I have the thumb guide enabled so it helps with aiming. As soon as he gets close to you start flying perpendicular again, rather than back the other way. This way you will take less time to accelerate and get some distance.

I personally use the weapon that does 600 damage, and shoots every 0.6 seconds (I forget the name). It ties with the Starcore 2 for highest damage per second, but it fires more frequently than the Starcore 2. There is no benefit in having your shots penetrate through targets for this fight.

12. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Worked like a charm! Thanks for the tactical tips.

13. Scythe89

Scythe89 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    is there a 25th piece of alien technology?? In my stats page it says I've found 24/25 pieces of alien tech?

14. drizzzzzt

drizzzzzt Active Member

Feb 26, 2010
    wow... This game is...

definitely the BEST of the BEST. :)

Great job.

15. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    This game was the best but once you complete everything there is no replay value. Moving onto other games. Hope Venan got enough money from sales and come with a update or sequel

16. Scythe89

Scythe89 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    By everything, do you mean achievements too? I'm currently playing on my 5th play through to pickup my last achievement and I'm still having fun. But, I don't see myself playing it too much afterwords though. It would be awesome if this game had dlc.

17. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Yeah, check my sig :p

18. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Yes, yes, nice game, best game, blah blah blah.
    Now where's the sequel!?!?!?! Get with it!

19. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I agree with HAI, the game has no replay value if you got all the achievements;) There must be some kind of endlees ore mining!!!:cool:

20. oneman

oneman Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    #1000 oneman, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    This game is so addictive !

need more level, i beat it in 5 hours