Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment) [TA 2010 GotY]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Venan, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I saw the price drop and just had to buy the app after hearing so much positive buzz surrounding it.

2. drizzzzzt

drizzzzzt Active Member

Feb 26, 2010
    This game is worth the 4,99 price. (I bought it for a long time ago). :)

Congratulations~ You are very lucky. :D

3. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I got Space Miner for $2.99 and it's my second favorite game, but only by a hair. Definitely a must buy game and a no-brainer for $.99.

4. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    i'm waiting its price drop to FREE :D

J/K bought it @ full price, beat it 3 times with 100% map complete in hard mode. 99 cents is a mUST bUY if you haven't get it!!! highly recommend

5. roman169

roman169 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Thailand
    Just bought it for 4.99 hours before it went to 0.99. Great game worth the money but put it on sale for lets say 2.99 would make me feel better,

6. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    If I remember correctly, the intro price was $3, thats when I got it

7. Yeah, I got it at the intro price and I still felt like I got a steal and a half. It's one of the few games I'm still playing, and the last update with the 3GS-enhanced graphics just made it even better, what with the new license levels and gear and prettier graphics for 3rd-gen devices. $0.99 is the deal of the month -- last month and this. Anyone who hasn't grabbed it would be squirrel-chucking nuts not to get it now.

8. backslashio

backslashio Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Perth, WA
    Space Miner is currently the 27th top selling game listed on the aussie store, getting closer towards the top ten!

9. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Just picked this game up. It's amazing and the $0.99 price tag feels like highway robbery.

I was previously holding off on it because I don't particularly like space sims, nor RPGs. However, the main gameplay is like a deeper version of asteroids, and the RPG stuff is actually really well written and charming. This is really really worth it. If there's anyone else out there like me (who just didn't really find the concept interesting), I'd recommend giving it a shot. The production values are top notch, the writing is great, the gameplay is kind of retro-tinted and addictive and there are a ton of upgrade options/ships.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Update out! ;)

11. kaisersosa

kaisersosa New Member

May 11, 2010
    triangulus (help, I'm stuck

Love this game, however, I am stuck in triangulus space miner triangulus trying to get Uncle Jeb out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will humble myself.... a little bit of a newbie when it comes to this game.

-KaiserSosa
    I've run away to join a different circus.

12. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I love this game. Everything about it is top notch, and the .99 it's at right now is an absolute steal. I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence, even if you're not usually a fan of space games.

13. Follow the arrows on your HUD to each station. To save time, stop close enough to the station to activate it while you shoot the robots. When it's activated move on to the next one. Don't stop to mine or shoot down stray mining bots, you can come back to that later, just keep following point to point activating each station until all 5 are activated and Uncle Jeb is safe.

14. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    This is probably a stupid question, but how do I save? I didn't see any manual-save option, so I assumed it autosaved, but when does it autosave?

15. DemonIced

DemonIced Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    What I saw is that it always auto save. If you quit mid-game, you'll return to that game and if you quit during a conversation, you'll return to the beginning of the conversation*...

16. kaisersosa

kaisersosa New Member

May 11, 2010
    Thanks for the response. I understand that it is a quick venture through this sector just to activate the stations but whatever the blue bar (upper left hand side) is, it drains sooo quickly that I can only get to the second station and then.... DEAD!!. Is there something that I can do to pump up my ability to sustain this sector a bit better?

-KaiserSosa
    I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

~George Carlin, a comedic genius and poet extraodinaire

17. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    still plaing that one... its hard to describe how this game rocks! awesome musthave title!!!

18. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    On sale for $1.99 again!

19. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    maybe because there are so much rocks in it :D

20. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    What happened to the spinoff title that was announced in march?

I thought venan said something about it being released in april? :(

Still play this btw, awesome game, and a steal at $1.99