Space Story: Alliance (promo codes)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by snuch, Nov 23, 2013.

1. genzi0401

genzi0401 Active Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Primary Teacher
    Malaysia
    Wish to have one. Looking good.
    Thanks.

2. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    First impressions: Anyone here play space rangers or star wolves?

It's pretty much a handheld version of those games.
    Make sure you do the tutorial at the start, lest you never leave the planet you start next to.
    Actually had a lot of fun with this game. Little things , game not pausing in menus unless you actually hit pause.
    Problems: My main complaint so far is the amount of weight your first ship can hold. I was told to outfit myship with better equipment wherein I discovered two things.

1. I can't equip more than two weapons of which your ship has and are actually the best you can get at the time.
    2. Attempting to purchase another gun and leaving the planet actually "encumbered" me , rendering me unable to move.

Another problem came in the next mission. I was given a drill to complete a mission and it shoved it into my inventory and "encumbered" me again.

There's a few performance issues even on my iPhone. 4S but I assume that's because of sub-optimal coding. The graphics aren't half bad though and if you can get around the start game oddities, it's actually a decent space trading game.

Know this, the English translation is a little off and the game is pretty rough on you if you don't respect marauders at the start.
    It needs a ton of work but where it is now and how dedicated the creator seems to be at wanting to fix problems, 99 cents isn't half bad. Or grab it during a free week and donate to possibly get a free part.

3. snuch

snuch Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2013
    First thing - you've played Space Rangers!
    Second thing - you kept your word and write a review. Any words, even bad, even one-star rate help me make this game better.
    Thanks!!!!!!

4. snuch

snuch Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Glad to see you here.

5. geniecivil

geniecivil Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    genial i'm very happy for this game i grabe it

6. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    #46 sleb, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    I also played a few levels. The concept behind the game is great, however the game has a few faults. None game breaking, just where changes can be made to make it a little better.

The game is a defence/gather resource game. The main goal is to keep your planet safe from incoming enemy ships. You start with a small ship which has spots for weapons, equipment and storage for items gathered from destroying enemy ships or mining asteroids. The game goes in waves with incoming enemy ships attacking you or your planet, possibly other lures or items you place in space. The game gives a few seconds before the start of the next wave but since the basic shop does not have much space you need two weapons and have to go back to the planet to equip a drill for mining. Making it vey difficult to gather any ore.

The ship is upgradable with new weapons and equipment and new larger ships with more spaces and better stats are available. As I advised the game gives very little time to mine and also very little reward when destroying enemy ships. Upgrades require the money of the game plus some of the different types of ore mined.

The game is well thought out and is fun to play If you have time to put in to this game. As the game is now you will need to grind or pay for iap to upgrade. With a few tweaks this can be a great game. Adding a little more time for mining, maybe a dedicated spot for ship drills. As it is .99 is not wasted money. With a few changes, and less need to purchase iap, This could be a top game. Just my 2 cents.

7. Mr.Critic

Mr.Critic Member

May 18, 2013
    First of all thanks for the promo!

My first impressions weren't that great unfortunately. My ship seemed to turn around slowly, so slow that is was tough to position my ship so I could shoot, which led to me dying about two or three times. The second problem I encountered was the gun, I would line it up my ship with the enemy ship and sometimes it would fire, and other times it wouldn't. Maybe something was lost in translation, and I just didn't understand, if that is the case then please explain.

This game has potential, and I look to give it another go tomorrow morning. I didnt play very long so it may be my own ignorance that led to the problems lol, but thanks again for the opportunity, more imps tomorrow.

8. snuch

snuch Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Thanks, guys!
    For all reviews, good or bad, not important.
    I think bad review even better, of course, if its not just "peace of shit, waste of time", if its at least
    "hey, man, your game is peace of shit, waste of time, BECAUSE...
    and several points that will help me to know bad sides of my game and improve/fix it and make as better as I can.

Thanks!

9. omerblay

omerblay New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    It's look great

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thank you for the code, downloading now

11. mike32

mike32 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    If you still have a promo code, I would be interested.

12. snuch

snuch Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2013
    All - check your pm.
    If I miss you - pm me.

13. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Weird, I thought I had already posted here...

Anyhoo, I'd love to check the game out if you could spare a code. ;):D

DBC

14. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Add me to the list if still available. Game looks very interesting. Thanks

15. harrochan

harrochan New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Can I get a code? Thanks!

16. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Please can i get a code to try, as this looks very intresting and exactly what we are missing on ios!

17. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Snuch,
    Glad you are here. I meant what I said in my review, this could be a great game with just a little more tinkering from you. I am thinking about checking out the other space story game. Is it basically the same without the planet defence portion of the game?

18. snuch

snuch Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2013
    #58 snuch, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    Original Space Story is something like 2D-freelancer or 2D-elite.
    It has a big world (over ten big sectors), many planets, space stations, ships, enemies, many quests, main plot. Ancient races, Deep Walkers, their intrusions to different sectors. Black Holes. And other AI-controlled captains.
    It's a big adventure. It's a random-generated world, there you can live for a very long time.
    I have some statistics about original game.
    Average playing time for players all over the world is about 20-30hrs (and it's an average time per one profile, not a full time player spent in game, becase he save/load game, start new game, different game difficulties, i think overall time players spend in original Space Story is 70-80hrs). Or 1 minute ))))) "don't like your game, delete"!!!

One of the last reviews from App Store (from New Zealand)
    Space story - very cool
    by All1979 - Version 1.3 - Nov 22, 2013
    This game has real depth. By far one of the best space sim games for the iOS in terms of gameplay. The iPad/iPhone really need more games with this depth and genuine playability. Hopefully some of the major game makers will take a leaf from this game's book. Um, you need to have a good imagination with the graphics and the language :) it's also HARD.

If you like Space Rangers or Elite,Freelancer,GoF and don't afraid 2D-view - i think you get excellent experience with original game.
    Just try it.
    Send you a promo for original.
    Will be glad if you like it.
    You advices for Alliance-version was very good, im using them to tweak game, make more fun.

19. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    Is it too late for a promo? Would love to try.

20. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Well I give it a go if any left and write my comments afterwards come on guys what about the rest of you that had promo codes what it like feedback feedback!!!!