iPhone SpaceChem Mobile (by Zachtronics)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Felonious Tub, Oct 2, 2011.

1. asjhust

asjhust Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    cool style! i like

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This game is very well done and is a lot more fun to play than I first thought it would be. I'm really enjoying the analytical nature of the game and I can tell this is going to be one of the few puzzle games to stay on my ipad.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Warning: after the latest update, the game crashes after the loading screen. This is on an iPad 2 wifi 64 gb iOS 4.3.3, I've tried turning it off then on again and it still doesn't work.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This may be unrelated to the update. If you look earlier in the thread, you will see I reported a similar problem, which was fixed when I deleted the data.

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You're right, deleting it and reinstalling has fixed it. I hope it doesn't happen again.

6. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    In my case, I think it was preceded by a crash from in the program, which may have left the save file in an unusable state.

7. Crickets

Crickets Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Without a doubt the best puzzler I've played in a long time. I can't believe this game hasn't gotten more buzz. There's simply nothing else like it. Genius.

Works wonderfully on the iPad (I'm running on an iPad 1)

Havnt had any issues with the game other than it suckin up my time.

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I'm with you. I am also a little surprised this thread is such a ghost town. Another one under the radar. :p

9. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

#29 ataloss, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    And with just one star for the thread... it's almost criminal... Changed that.

Excellent game.

10. Crickets

Crickets Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Might help the developer out by flooding some reviews lettin app store people know that the crash issue is fixed after the update + a reinstall if you all ready had the game before the update.

11. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    This game is truly frightening. It's so good that I completely forgot to check my usual sources for new games. Haven't bought anything for a week now. Considering the amount of content, it's gonna take a while till I'm done with this. For me it's one of the best reasons to own an iPad nowadays (my crappy PC can't run it).

12. Crickets

Crickets Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I know what you mean, I grabbed a couple other games that I do really want to dig into [Starbase Orions mainly] but I keep going back to SpaceChem.

And with user created content being available as well, there's almost no end to it.

I don't post on the forums much but thanks purely to this game I can't help but feel the desire to spread the word.

13. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Are you saying that 1.0.11c crashes the game with a previously existing data file? What about the version from yesterday 1.0.11d? I'm afraid to update from b.

14. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I'm really interested in this one. I got a Trainyard-wibe from it. I would really like to hear more what you guys think before purchasing. Any user reviews?

//Pedroapan

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I think this really needs a lite version. I'm curious after reading the positive impressions, but even after watching some videos still have no real idea if this is likely to be my sort of thing. If I thought it would I'd have no problem with the asking price but I'm not paying it to take a chance.

I'd wager as well, a lite would do a lot in this case for general sales. At face value the game looks - let's face it: dull. If there is anything here to draw the player in it's gameplay, and without a chance to try the game before buying it can't be a factor.

16. frankthechicken

frankthechicken Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    If you have Steam, and you're unsure, try it on your computer first, there is a demo version.

It is really a fantastically addictive, beautifully thought out, time sucking succubus game.

17. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I see what you are saying, but you must admit it looks intriguing even if you don't know what the gameplay is actually like.

I would say the fact that you are interested enough to know more about it probably means it's a game you should try... chances are you would like it enough to at least have some value from it, if only for the experience of what this crazy game does to your head :D

Sure, visuals are important, but you must be a fan of logic games to be looking at this, so graphics hardly matter in those games. This is the MOST logical logic game I have ever played I think! The best parallel I can draw it to is that it's like a visual programming environment such as Flash. You can just get better, but you need to break through that mental barrier of understanding the core mechanics. Worth the perseverance!

18. Dtale

Dtale Active Member

Nov 22, 2009
    You actually don't need steam there is a demo available outside of steam too!
    I played it and was hooked from the get go... Then again i am a chemical engineer :)

However you don't need any knowledge whatsoever about chemistry to enjoy this brilliant puzzle game!

19. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    just bought and played through the first 8 or so levels. the tutorial could be a lot better (maybe use the first bonding mission's hand holding as the starting intro rather than that movie) but once you learn its a lot of fun! great game. I was hesitant to buy it, but now i am very satisfied with my purchase :D

20. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Jesus guys, this game is dope.
    Seriously, never thought myself clever AND dumb at the same time, and somehow SC makes me feel that way.
    Bumped.