Universal Spaceward Ho! (4x Strategy by Ariton Games/Delta Tao)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jaklar, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Any news? When will the next Beta come? :)

2. Phil Bates

Phil Bates New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Please...

...go back to the original planet icons, they were so much better.

Thank you

Phil

3. christophercotton

christophercotton Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Hey Phil, I'm curious which planet icons you are referring to. The icons we have in the iPad game are from the same graphics files that the Spaceward Ho 5 for the Mac uses. Is there some planet you have as a reference that is different?

4. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    More than one month no update ... no news on the website or on twitter ...

Sad! That remembers on the Palm OS version many years ago which I still have ... first it came with two fast fixes ... after that nothing more ... sad ... this game really deserves a good support ... :(

5. Dimarchi

Dimarchi Member

Jun 29, 2009
    I had no idea this app even existed for IOS. Imagine my surprise when I came across a mention of it in the Imperium Galactica 2 thread. Bought. It really is the game I remember playing, and as such, kudos to Ariton and Delta Tao for bringing it to us.

Is the game a universal one after the iPhone version comes out, or will there be two different versions?

6. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    It is all written within this Thread ... but it seems the developer has lost his interest ... like many years ago with the Palm OS Version ... more than one month no updates ... not on Twitter, not on their Website ... nothing ...

7. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    No, we haven't lost interest, and everything isn't in this thread. I'm disappointed with all the negative feedback from you Mythbusters. We have been working on the iPhone version, and have been trying to get more polish into the game. We are working with some graphic design to help improve the look of the game and make it much better.

We just today released a version to the testers with all the current features (including a French translation), but the iPhone version won't be finished just yet. After we finish the French translation done, we will ship the version with the new features to the AppStore.

The next version to the testers will include the iPhone beta version.

8. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Well, I love this game and it was sad, that after good and fast feedback nothing happens ... here, on your website and on Twitter. So I thought you lost interest in further development ... I also wrote you you mails without reaction ... :(

But it is good to hear that things go on! :)

Kindest Regards,
    Mythbuster

9. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    Special Icon today

If you start a new game, your home planet will have a Special Hat today. And today only :)

10. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Which lags does it have?

It has:

Clear and simple Rules.
    Balanced gameplay
    A very good AI

The Mac Version is also MP at its best (MP ist on the update list of the developers for iOS, too)

So, what are you missing? Where are lags?

And: Why a Signature which is a kind of Spam?

11. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    "Legs" is a metaphorical idiom in English for something that continues to be enjoyed.

"Lags" is a common term for pauses or interruptions when playing a game.

Different words.

12. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    German Version of the Game?

I just wanted to find out if anyone has a German version of the Mac Game? I know it was translated for the 3.0 version, I don't know if the 5.x version of the Mac was translated. If anyone has a copy of a German translation (or any other translation) send me a private message.

13. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Well ... are you sure that there was a German version? I have the Mac Version but it is in English ...

14. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    Yes, I'm sure there was a version. I have a copy of the 3.0 French version.

15. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    My last 5.x Version is only English ... also my 4.05 Version for Windows ... :(

16. skorens

skorens Member

Apr 5, 2012
    I've started translating the Turkish version as well. Hopefully, it will be done by the time we release the next version.

17. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Well, if you can affort an iPad you should be able to buy a game for 5 Bucks ... :rolleyes:

This game is a classic and in this Thread is not one negative Review ... so you should think about one little fact: It takes a lot of time to make a game like this and it takes also a lot of costs and risks for the developer ... and if they have to earn their money with programming there is no reason for 'give it away for free' ...

18. skorens

skorens Member

Apr 5, 2012
    For those of you out there that like to scrap all your ships and encountered a problem when trying to build new ships, I’ve added safeguards to make sure that the Build Ship dialog is still usable.

19. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    Red Clouds

There might be others who were also wondering about the Red Clouds, so I figured I would post it here too.

[​IMG]

As you can see in the screenshot on Spica, it has the red dust clouds. You are correct that it happens with a supernova, but it also happens if there was a “big battle” at that planet. The big battles involve lots of ships fighting it out, and afterwards there will be a red cloud that slowly fades away.

20. kazaar13

kazaar13 New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I loved this game

I can't tell you how many hours my friends and I played network and hotseat games of this. Will there be an update to add turn based network play?

I just stumbled across this today and bought it immediately. I can't wait to play this at lunch. Though I think I will have to watch the tutorial as it has been so long since I played.