Universal Spaceward Ho! (4x Strategy by Ariton Games/Delta Tao)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jaklar, Apr 2, 2012.

1. christophercotton

christophercotton Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
  2. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    updated

and i've updated my previous comment to just answer the question about when the updates are coming.

3. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #263 Quantus, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    Thanks. Did you create that chart or was it generated on a website?

4. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    We use http://appfigures.com to track sales.

5. More on Hat-Darkening

Let's see if I can figure out how to add a screenshot. URL is: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RlgJZkliN99bvmGdfw2sONMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Here's a game where opponent Willy has a yellow hat. Two of his planets, Rana and Argot, feature hats and masks in Willy's style but the hats are olive-colored.

In addition, opponent Mike has a bright reddish-orange hat and a red mustache, but his planet Hope sports a darker brick-colored hat and mustache. Athena's planet Wolf 359 is darkened, too, but I didn't notice that until after I'd cropped out her other planets-- but you can see her colors in her tiny icon on the left.

I'm wondering whether the darker hat color is supposed to convey information about the planet or my opponent's status; if so, that information is, excuse the expression, sailing over my head.

I'm running version 1.1.1 (811572) on an Ipad 2.

Not sure whether the copy screenshot below will display correctly. If not, see URL above.
    [​IMG]

6. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012

That is very interesting. I'm don't remember any specific information that gets sent via a darkening of the planets like that. I wonder if it is a bug related to how the planet is drawn. I'm going to add in a method in the next version where you can send a debug report of the game to us so we can try out those games which are causing problems. Otherwise, see if it happens with the 1.2.2 version. Thanks for the picture, that definitely helped.

I'm also just doubling checking with the other developer just in case he knows what might have happened.

7. A genuine mystery! Thanks for replying.

8. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    Try out the latest version and let me know if it still happens.

9. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    #269 christophercotton, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    Release 1.2.3

We just released version 1.2.3

http://ariton.com/post/60983353544/spaceward-ho-1-2-3-released

it includes the following fixes:

• * Finally show damage to ships in Battles
    • * Adjusting spacing of the planets and names on the iPad (Thanks Tim)
    • * Fix the crash when scrapping a fleet by touching the fleet and then scrap (Thanks Andrew Diseker)
    • * Fixing bad display of SparksMcGee (random characters and missing planet names) (Lots of people!)
    • * In Build Screen, making the “Income” be “Savings” (Thanks @reppep)

10. dprice7

dprice7 New Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Sorry to crash the Apple party...

Wondering if there will be a Windows "port" for Win8? These new Bay Trail tablets are pretty slick and looking for my favorites from the past brought me here. I suppose I could try to find the original, but I'd rather buy a version optimized for touch.

11. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    We don't have any current plans to do a Windows port since the code base is in Objective C. If something comes available like Apportable did for Android then we will definitely try it out. But otherwise, we will finishing multiplayer, and then doing the Mac version.

12. Why does Difficulty rise between beginning and end of game?

Here's a new question:

Before we begin play, game "Difficulty" is given on the galaxy-options screen, in big numbers near the bottom of the screen. In this example, Difficulty is 75.

At the end of the game, if I win, I am told how well I did, and awarded points. In the same game, Difficulty has become 76.

Why the discrepancy?

From playing previous versions on the Mac, I understand that difficulty can change during the game-- for example, if I make alliances with other players, the Difficulty drops. I think Armageddon also lowers it. But what can I have done to make the Difficulty higher?

13. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    Actually, the 1.2.5 version is out. And I know there are some issues with crashing in the 1.2.3 version that we finally fixed in 1.2.5. I will look into the shading that you are seeing and see if there is something I can find. If I can't, I will send you a private message on how to email us the game version.

14. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Any News? Last update is very, very long ago ... :(

Still waiting and hoping for:

1. iCloud Saving
    2. Multiplayer

15. dspevack

dspevack New Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Technical support request

Hi,
    I have S Ho! for both iPhone and android.
    I have played hundreds of games, but the galactical centurion award (100 games) will not go above 52% (52 games played.) How do I get this counter working again?

Also, Can you tell us how many points are required for each level, (lawman sheriff ranger, etc) and what all the levels are?

Lastly, On the android version I have the following problem:
    Using nexus 7 If I choose 8 opponents, the list of opponents is so big that it lays on top of the planet list, making it impossible to see planet bars and to play the game. Any way to shut down enemy list so we can see planets?

Thanks,

Dan

16. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    I love the game but it seems that the developer does not provide this game anymore ... no postings here, no updates for a very long time now ...

None of the promised updates (Multiplayer, Cloudsaving) and even no iOS 8 Update ... or just a fix for iPhone 6 and 6+ ...

Very sad ... :(

17. christophercotton

Apr 3, 2012
    We had one other person who couldn't get past it. I'll take a look to see if I can figure it out.

Sure, here is the list
    City Slicker 0
    Shopkeeper 10
    Farmer 25
    Miner 50
    Greenhorn 75
    Sourdough 100
    Muletender 150
    Cowpoke 200
    Ranch Hand 250
    Buckaroo 300
    Horseman 400
    Horse Breaker 500
    Cowboy 750
    Vaquero 1000
    Deputy 1500
    Lawman 2000
    Sherriff 3000
    Marshall 5000
    Ranger 10000
    Gunfighter 20000
    Outlaw 50000
    Desperado 100000
    Shootist 1000000
    Antares Kid 10000000
    Ho! Champion 100000000

For the android we have a new beta version that we are testing (new version a week or two ago). I sent you email to get onto the list.

18. dspevack

dspevack New Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Just wanted to say Publicly thank you to Christopher Cotton, for getting back to me in a timely manner. Got most questions answered quickly and a dialog going forward.

Dan

19. GoneFishin

GoneFishin Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    64bit update

I first bought this game for Windows back in 1997 but thought it would be lost for good when I update to iOS 11. Today a 64bitup date was released. Thank you!!!