Universal Speed Demons (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Any chance to maybe implement haptic feedback? Would fit and enhance this game so perfectly.

sebgo likes this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @Rocco SE you like that? It’s always the first thing I turn off with games to save battery from constant vibrations. I don’t often do many battery saving things unless it melts my phone but I do always turn those off as it never feels very beneficial just a gimmick.

3. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of haptics; that's actually the only aspect I liked from Black Paradox because, from what little I can remember, it made weapons have a slightly different feel; too bad I didn't like that one as much as Steredenn, and too bad the latter doesn't have haptics.

In GRID:AutoSport I like it when subtle vibrations indicate a change of terrain.

Sorry for bringing up other games outside their respective threads, though.

(⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)~✿

As for Speed Demons, I only played it for a bit on Arcade. I might grab it later, since I've played other games by Radian and, even though they're super different to this one, they're good!

4. paradoxno1

paradoxno1 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Is anybody else having issues running this game on iPad Pro with M1 chip some of the events are unplayable cause of slowdown and really stutters But plays well on my old iPad which is about 5 years old .

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Love radiangames and have bought every single one their games from the beginning. I’ll be getting this one as well. Just need to take a breather from what I’ve already spent this week (on iOS and console :) ). But great game as usual!

sebgo likes this.
  6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Try playing with airplane mode on and see if it performs any better. I had those issues with iOS 17.4 but seems to run smoother on iOS 17.4.1, but anyway, with airplane mode on it worked for me.

7. paradoxno1

Nov 16, 2015
    I’m still on 17.4 will update tonight and see if better I let you know tomorrow if any improvement

VirtualBoyFreak and sebgo like this.
  8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #28 VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    @radiangames it still stutters on iPad 8th gen iOS 17.4.1. Maybe not as much as before, but it’s still a worse experience than on iPhone 12. Disabling wifi seems to help, but just to an extent. EDIT: on iPad 6th Gen it happens with or without airplane mode on. In that iPad I have iOS 17.3.1. I don’t know what it can be, but seems to happen with iPad mainly.

9. paradoxno1

Nov 16, 2015
    So I just downloaded 17.4.1 and no improvement really bad on the rampage events where there’s lots of cars on screen stutters and nearly stops. Turned WiFi off still the same

10. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Hey guys, sorry about the stuttering on iPad. I just ordered an 8th gen iPad, will put iOS 17.4.1 on it and test it when it arrives next week. Hopefully can figure out and fix/improve the issue.

sebgo and VirtualBoyFreak like this.
  11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hi @radiangames Any news/info updates regarding iPad performance? I enjoy playing on iPhone, but my eyesight is not what it used to be 25 years ago… Thanks.

sebgo likes this.