iPhone Spellcraft - Collectable Card Game - by Three Goblins Ltd

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Lechatcurieux

Lechatcurieux Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    PS don't mis-type the website. If you find yourself on http://www.spell-craft.co.uk/ there's a lady who wants to charge to £135 to caste a protection spell for you via email.

:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

2. Shaul8Bit

Shaul8Bit Active Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Voice Overs, Production, Radio and Graphic Design
    Miami, FL
    I added
    Lechatcurieux, Steve and Vovin yesterday. I'll try to get in some match time later with everyone.

3. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Pyromancers

I've been trying really hard with these, but Im finding their balance is a bit off. Wondered if anyone else feels the same. I've used them in maybe 50 games now and maybe once or twice I've managed to get the extra power out of them.

I like the chanting Druids, as they have three lives so at least you can get a couple of go's out of them before they get wasted. The pyromancers are rooted so they can't even dodge out the way.

I'd say they need either 1/2 instead of their 1/1, or elusive to make them of any use at all. Does anyone else get ANY kind of benefit from them?

4. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I only tried them a few times against the AI, never saw much use in them; which tells something too, I guess...
    With cards like that, positioning is very important, e.g. putting them opposite something that cannot kill them.
    While the card cost is the same, I think that Elusive is mostly better than Spell Immunity. There is a card that can give them Elusive, btw. , but at quite the Power cost.

Oh, and now that I really looked at the Pyromancers' artwork for the first time:
    PLEASE change that, it looks horrible, like a bad 80s cover for a fantasy novel. Platemail bras & miniskirts, no kidding? Give them a better haircut, and *real* armour, then you also have a justification for giving them +1 life (from the armor, not the haircut :p ).

5. Krossek

Krossek Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Germany
    New Sync ? Problem

This morning I bought some gold (2,5K) and constructed a new deck. The gold immediately arrived I bought several cards and played the new deck. I was happy because the deck seems to work fine besides some fine tuning.

I checked the iPhone for the deck...but....no deck and no new cards. I switched to the iPad and was frustrated.....no new cards...no gold...no new deck....seems to have the old iPhone backup now......the only changing is that the AppStore has already drawn the money from my account for the vanished gold.....:(

6. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    @Krossek: sounds like the sync went in the wrong direction. I am sure the Goblins will sort it out.

Another question for the Goblins:
    Is it possible to keep the automatch running while Spellcraft is in the background, and have it pop up when I find someone? I really would like to just start it (because most of the time I do not find someone right away), and then switch to reading something, for example.

7. markturner_goblin

markturner_goblin Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I am hoping mike will add a new feature some time that shows when someone is waiting for a 2 player game. Here are 2 of the new cards,
    fey spirit and shadow dragon I did yesterday.

Attached Files:

8. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #528 Sheinfell, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Nice, those two look really good.
    Especially the dragon, it projects HUGE size, even without anything on the card for reference.

EDIT: Looking at them again, and something about the Fey Spirit's right shoulderblade and the area below and to the right looks rather off. As if the proportions and depth are distorted, or something like that.
    Cannot really pinpoint it, it just looks wrong.

9. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Krossek speak to Vovin, didn't he have the same thing last week and resolved it?
    Sheinfell. It's a tit. :p
    Mark Goblin. PLEASE let me be on a card!
    Sheinfell. You mean while you are waiting in the lobby, or even in a game, you want to be able to switch to your emails (or whatever) then keep checking back and Spellcraft is still running right? I agree.

10. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    :) but nope. The area above the breasts is what I meant. Look at triangle formed by the shoulderblade, upper arm, and armpit area. To me it looks wrong, but I really cannot say what exactly it is.

If "Waiting in the lobby" == "Automatch mode" , then yes. I never tried what happens when you switch to another app when in an online match. Does it quit? Or does it stay open until you come back?

11. Krossek

Krossek Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Germany
    It quits and you loose :eek:

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #532 Vovin, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

Lol! Well, I dunno where your mamarias are positioned, but that Fairy picture... no. Not there. :D

Sheinfeld: Keep in mind that there's a shadow cast in that area.

13. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Vovin did you see Krossek had a problem syncing his gold, got any advice?
    It's the top of her boob, more specifically her pectoral muscle shaded by her arm. Stop picking holes and go and draw your own boobs if you can do better lol. Poor girl will get a complex!

14. Krossek

Krossek Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Germany
    Yep! Got any advice ? I still dont Play the game because I won't change old save games....

15. Krossek

Krossek Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Germany
    This thread seems to evolve from a pure spellcraft thread to something different.....very interesting :rolleyes:

16. markturner_goblin

markturner_goblin Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Mark Goblin. PLEASE let me be on a card!

I still have kobo summoner left if you want your face on that one.

I will go over the fey spirit and dragon before they come out to improve them I expect. More goblin art coming soon!

17. uhdrill

uhdrill Active Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Just played a great game with Steven Turner where I learned the true value of burrowing under. Lol

18. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Steve at ThreeGoblins Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Game Designer and Teacher
    Tokyo
    Yes was good!

While I am here, may as well include the last few card changes that didn't make it into the last update. They will be in next one, unless further playtesting really really says "no!!", or I am mobbed by angry protesters. :p

Lava Bomb: Timer reduced to 12
    Pyromancers: 1 more strength. Lost Spell Immunity

Necromancer: Ability costs 1 less (to zero)
    Blood Orb: 1 less cost
    Tentacle From Below: 1 less cost. 2 less health
    Essence Eater: 1 less health
    Lost: 1 more cost

Steve @ ThreeGoblins

19. uhdrill

uhdrill Active Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Lost going up by 1 cost is a good decision. Out of curiosity, how long does it take the apple team to review and post an update once submitted to them?

20. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Steve at ThreeGoblins Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Game Designer and Teacher
    Tokyo
    7-10 days on average.
    But we will include the above small changes as part of a big update later , rather than mess people around with small updates (Unless some other critical issue really needs immediate attention, then of course that would be pushed out ASAP)

Steve @ ThreeGoblins