Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. RyanGibbard

RyanGibbard Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Student
    Cheltenham, England
    Didn't realise there was a mushroom immune helmet! Just used it and have now completed it! Cheers.

2. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Finally took a break from the game to post some bugs/suggestions. =]

-In the third world (the lava one), I've been falling straight through some of the bottom 3 platforms occasionally. Also noticed some monsters get stuck beneath those platforms as well. Not sure if this just happens on my 2nd gen due to some graphical issues or something.

-GC achievements earned offline don't sync for me when I go back online.

-Posted this a few pages back: a few seconds of invulnerability after getting hurt? Would really help when you get surrounded by monsters so you don't automatically lose half your hearts if you try to escape.

3. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks for all of the suggestions.

We are having a bit of a strategic struggle here, so we thought we'd bring it to your attention.

Many developers turn a game FREE after users pay money for it. We DO NOT want to do that since we feel it disrespects early adopters and cheats them out of their money.

So we are deciding on how to create a separate free version for Spellsword. We have a few thoughts:

1. Demo/Lite version with limited levels
    2. Ad-Supported Full Game with upgrade option
    3. Freemium version where you can purchase rupees/content or grind to get it.

Thoughts?

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    As someone who has not purchased Spellsword yet but has it wishlisted I advise going the free lite/trial edition. Freemium and ads not only turn off users but devalue my opinion of the developer even in a separate intro edition of core app.

5. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Love the game. I wouldn't mind seeing a Lite version or an ad-supported version to get more buzz about your game. I think the current pay for version should stay the way it is cause its awesome.

Can't wait for updates with more missions and levels.

Monsters seem to keep getting stuck on the outside edge of the upper platforms in the third level.

Thanks for the great game.

6. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Sorry if this has already been answered by Everplay, but are there plans to add audio options (mute music but keep effects)? Please consider it, if not. Thanks.

7. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Demo version with only a dozen of the first levels I'd say. When they're done, link to the paid version, I can't see how someone wouldn't want to throw their dollar at you for the complete game.

8. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    #228 Cybertox, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    The language issue is such a fail, i doubt that a developer who wasnt able to notice such a thing made a decent game. Im gonna pass on this until it gets fixed and sorted out.

9. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Yes, already in there with the new update. :)

10. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    None of our testers in the German language territories reported this issue. It is very unfortunate since it hurt our overall sales but it has been fixed and should be available within the week.

11. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    I would go with Lite version first. You deserve every dollar for each copy you sold. As for ad supported version.. In 95% cases I wont pay for ad remove because I get used to game the way it is with all ads in it.
    I don't mind IAPs as far as they doesn't ruin core of the game(play).

And if you ever go free because of promotional purposes I wont feel cheated because paying 1 dollar for this game is bargain!

Wish you luck with sales.. And whatever you do, plz don't abandon this game ;)

12. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Demo/trial version with 5 or 6 missions, and maybe easy endless mode for the first arena. Possibly add the ability to buy and unlock the "full" version from within the game, but I tend to view games that try to sell you in-game money and items as rather sleazy.

13. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yeah, I agree with this.

14. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Also agreeing with this

and Everplay, you got a PM

15. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Re: audio options

Great. Thanks!

16. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    i would suggest free to play, either update the current version or make a different one..

temple run and jetpack joyride did the same... and its not like they lost popularity due to it..

in the end you will always alienate one or the other but you know your sales numbers and financial situation best..

but i think ads only is pointless and lite version very uneffective.. zhe top grossing charts show where the majority of ios gamer spend their money on.

17. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Definitely make a lite version. that way if people like it it will drive sales toward the full version without devaluing the full version for people who paid for it.

Also if you need some help coming up with new spell cards/ equippable items I definitely have some ideas.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sig updated!!! :D

As for spellcard suggestions, I have a couple ideas.

Beams from above: A straight laser-like beam from the top of the screen to the floor you are standing on on card-acquire. Hits everything in it's path. Level ups improve duration and/or thickness of the beam.

Also, how about enemy-specific-targetting spellcards? Like, spell cards that turns all slime into rupees? Higher levels improve rupee quality. Or spellcard that makes eyesaurs shoot away from you for the duration, and levelling up improves duration?

We also dont have stun spellcard for flying enemies. We only have earth for the ground ones. :)

19. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Here is an example of how you can move your Controls on the screen:

[​IMG]

As you can see in the way I set up my controls, I am destined for instant death.

20. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite gotw !!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+3]SPELLSWORD[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    25/04/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this frantic and beautiful retro-inspired Hack N Slash survival based iOS game?

[size=+3][thread=132573]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​