Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks to the overwhelming support of TouchArcade, we are in the Top 50 Paid Apps, which definitely will help us keep full time attention on Spellsword.

2. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    The controls are pretty bad on the iPad. Glad to hear the update is coming!

3. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Great game but i do have one problem with it when there are a lot of things happening on the screen like hot spot mission 20 with those bombs when you get a poison card there you start lagging so much that you actualy fall through the bottom platform

4. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    I just bought this game and once I beat or lose a level it takes FOREVER to load! I have a 2nd gen itouch... Please fix.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #285 Exact-Psience, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    I think my Achievements are glitched. Those I have gone through when i had no internet connection arent unlocked.

Like for example, Collect 100 Spell Cards and Collect 500 Spell cards arent unlocked yet, but I have already unlocked 3000 Spell cards and a hat.

Does this also mean that when i am offline, all cards I get dont count towards the 20000 Spell Cards Achievement?

Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Another example is killing 250 Eyesaurs achievement. Mine's stuck at 97%, and i've played the Kill 15 Eyesaurs mission 5 times just for this and it's still stuck at 97% which leads me to believe i've already gone past 250 Eyesaurs kills, but it didnt register. No way to go back now.

6. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I have the same problem the reach level 30 achievement is unlocked but not the reach level 15

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    My biggest issue with the controls (and my only gripe with an otherwise splendid game) is not the placement, but the irresponsiveness of the movement arrows and/or the sluggishness of the player character. Often when I either try to turn quickly to attack an enemy that is coming up from behind, or when I break into a run to evade monsters, I find that the little spellsword dude simply does not respond very quickly. Whether because of the movement arrows or the physics of the player character, I could not say.

Everplay, will this be adressed in an upcoming patch?

8. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    The fix to that is actually quite simple and you can even do it yourself. This is how:
    1. Take out your iPod
    2. Take out a couple hundred dollars
    3. Buy a new iPod

This worked quite well for me and seems to have worked for everyone who has tried it.
    :)

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I saw wut u did thar. ;)

10. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    Still not out in Switzerland. Is it going to be completely in German or there will be an option for different languages?

11. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    The German version will be in German, but you can switch it to English. As of now, those are the only localized languages, but hopefully more to come soon.

12. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yep, posted about this problem earlier. GC achiev bugs are always a slight annoyance for me :/

13. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i can't play this with my iCade... the character moves and jumps on it's own ._.

14. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    What device are you using?

15. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Can't wait for the update. :D

16. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Should be available any day now! :D

17. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    awesome!

18. Zinger314

Zinger314 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2011
    After playing a bit more (easily one of my favorite games, bar none), I've come to realize that the elements are strongly imbalanced.

All you have to do is max Time, Wind, and Light. Both Wind and Light attacks at high levels can wipe out half the screen. So once you get one, you camp, camp, camp. Then keep picking up the other element cards until either of those two come up.

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    hmmm... I personally LOVE the poison and fire cards...

I think it really depends on your style of play and attack...

20. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I'm on an iPad 2 running iOS 5.1 - My Character just runs around randomly and jumping whenever it feels like jumping. Tried restarting ipad, changing batteries on the iCade and nothing worked... this only happens on Spellsword... i have like 8 more iCade games and none of them have problems

Side Note: Poison, Holy and Dark are way too awesome not to upgrade :D