Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont forget the awesome invulnerability that is Glass!

Dark isnt necessary to max in the beginning. It's awesome even at low levels. Fire, Poison, Light are great elements. Light is the one that's very effective at max level. It clears the screen (almost, the only time it'll miss if it was on one side of the area, and the small enemy on the other side. still pretty small chance of missing) and then the sword effect can make you almost invulnerable too.

2. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    Any news about spellsword release in germany switzerland etc?

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Haha, I may be the only one(or one of the only one)who just enjoys the game without having any kind of strategy with the items! :p

4. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    As soon as the update is approved. It was submitted last weekend.

5. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #305 Zaraf, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    Hey Everplay, great game, I'm really loving it.

I hope in the future you also make other characters available along with the new content.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, so I'll just post about it :)

Bug 1: I found a bug that makes some of the levels extremely easy. If you stand in a certain place in the lava level, it will cause all ground enemies that spawn to jump on the top platform and not move towards you. You can just allow them to gather there for as long as you want.

When the monster count gets too high though, the game starts slowing down and other weird bugs arise. Suddenly killing too many monsters at the same time will result in the platforms moving wildly as if blown around. If you are not on any hard platform, combined with the severe lag, you will most likely fall into the lava. I've experienced lag of up to 20 seconds when I used poison to explode a large amount of big slimes (that split into 3 smaller slimes).

I have some screenshots below showing you where to stand for the effect and some of what happens during the lag screens.

There is a similar position on the second level when you stand on the mushroom between the two swinging platforms. Ground monsters that jump on the platforms seem to jump over you or just in one position near you rather than at you, and the ground monsters below you can't reach you either. Only the eyeball's laser and flying monsters can reach you in that position.

I have some screenshots of the second level position as well. I've included shots of some lag screens and how the swinging platforms go crazy and the game goes crazy when so many monsters die at the same time. Please see my next post for these screeshots.

Bug 2: If you get a phone call while playing the game, when you return to the game, there are no more sound effects, only music. Also, the game does not auto-pause so if you are in the middle of a bad position, when you get back you could easily die since you have no chance to prepare yourself again. I had to quit the game, delete it from the running apps list and restart it to get the sound effects to work again.

Bug 3: I'm not sure what caused this, but now whenever I try to start a level, the game just crashes. It started happening after I synced my phone with my computer. Doesn't matter which mode I try (endless or missions), but when trying to load the level, the game crashes. I don't want to risk deleting and reinstalling the game since I will probably lose all of my save data :( I hope you have some sort of cloud saving put in so that even if the game is deleted and reinstalled, that you save your progress.

EDIT: Bug 3 was resolved when I turned my phone off and restarted it. Thankfully no reinstallation was required.

Attached Files:

6. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #306 Zaraf, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    Continuation of the last post. I can't attach all the pics to one post so I split it. Notice the swinging platforms in the "Mission Clear!" screenshot. Each of the screenshots after the first are "lag shots" (excluding the mission clear one). Each lag shot lasted for about 5 - 10 seconds.

Attached Files:

7. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Congratulations!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[size=+3]SPELLSWORD[/size]

[size=+2]Touch Arcade Forums
    Game of the Week
    25/04/2012
    [/size]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]Thanks a lot for your votes![/size]

Check out this week's new releases
    [thread=118476]HERE[/thread]

Start nominating your 02052012 TAGOTW
    -soon-

Visit 2012 TAGOTW Hall of Fame and Archives
    [thread=119439]HERE[/thread]

- DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AGAIN -

8. RyanGibbard

RyanGibbard Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Student
    Cheltenham, England
    Congratulations, you deserved it! ;)

9. Brokendemo

Brokendemo Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
    The crazy broken iCade controls is what happens to me as well. It seems like it would be an awesome game, but I really only got it for the advertised iCade compatibility. It is even mentioned in this review:

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/spellsword/review

Any chance for a fix soon? It's pretty frustrating.

10. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Yeah, it's weird.... It doesn't happen on EVERY iCade device, so we are trying to figure that out. There is some iCade version with certain device software version that has a bug. We'll get it taken care of, though.

11. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    like us on facebook achievement not unlocked even though did.

12. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Lttp on this one, but really enjoying it thus far. Probably the best thing I've played by this studio. Absolutely love the production values, and though the controls can be finicky, the gameplay is pitch-perfect for iOS. The quests and unlockables really elevate this from almost all other quick-fix games. Great stuff. But damn, challenging.

13. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Ok I got this yesterday, I loved it, played it non-stop, and now I'm only doing endless. Is there an update programmed for more missions? :D

14. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    Got this yesterday and finished all the missions. This really is one of my favourite games on my iPad. I'm just maximising all my element cards now; love the fire, dark and invincible card!

One thing that I think would be quite cool is a world map instead of the traditional level select that nearly every app has now, the arenas are so different and could be situated within an island or similar location. It won't improve the gameplay but aesthetically the game will be enhanced.

Can't wait for future updates! :)

15. playerout

playerout Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Italy
    I second that! Doing endless and can't stop..it' really addictive!! I can't wait for the update so that I can play it on my Ipad (now the controls are a bit uncomfortable on it)...and play more missions!
    I want more challenge!:D

16. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    :D Glad you are having fun.

Yes, we are adding additional Worlds/Stages but we are also looking at adding more missions to the previous stages.

17. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Sounds awesome. Can't wait for the update :D

Now, I have a question about the achievements. Is there a problem with the hooligan achievement? (reach lvl 15). I'm currently lvl 65, and got the other 2 achievements (lv 30 and 60) but the lv 15 one sits at 93%.

18. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Hmm.. I really want to buy this one but I have to play Inotia 4. It sounds great but I will wait some time before I try it. I hope.

19. himpu

himpu Member

Aug 1, 2011
    i dont know if this is a bug or not or if this has been mentioned before but whenever i play spellsword everytime i die or clear a mission or purchase something from the item store it always freezes or lags for about 20-30 seconds. it is really annoying and i really can't play this game anymore without getting frustrated. please fix this. thanks

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This should help. :D