Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This needs this and start with endless by default when missions are finished. As for the controls, I'm sure Everplay will fix this but in the mean time goes into a sub-folder... and swipe, well swipe doesn't do anything for me

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    One of my favorite new games is now broken. It had problems before, but now it's unplayable. So sad. Plus, when I tinkered with the controls, there was no way to reset my changes. Wuh?

3. Gnoupi

Gnoupi New Member

May 9, 2012
    I've just bought this game today, and I'm going crazy with the controls. From what I read from earlier comments, it is a matter of the latest patch, and was better earlier, so hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

I agree also with previous comments about zones. When using a touch screen, we have no feedback of the place we press, with virtual buttons. So please, have the actual active areas much larger than the button icons. They can even take a large part of the screen, as they are the only thing we want to interact with, besides the pause button. The only thing that matters is the separation between left and right, and slash and jump. But even this should be only a direct border, without an inactive zone in between.

Nothing is more frustrating than pressing the place you associate with the movement, only to have your character stand without moving, as it happens too often recently, especially in such a fast paced game.

4. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Oh. Thats bad. I am sure the dev will response quickly. I'll wait with the update.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Darn. I updated my iPad last night. :( I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like I'm not in for fun. Oh well. Will wait for the fix update.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... As for updates, if the last one isnt broken, they should just add options, rather than change the current setup.

Im sure the devs will come up with a quick fix, so for now, i'll just wait. It's still a favorite game... I hope it'll stay that way for a long time.

7. adamans

adamans Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Dir. of Communications at Code-Monkeys & Soma Game
    Oregon
    They are.

8. Springheeled Jack

May 9, 2012
    I've been playing on an iPad, and played several more times in endless wave, and have still not seen any noticable difference in control, although maybe I'm just pressing the buttons more accurately? I think there was one time I tried to move and remained still, but I may have just mis-tapped the button area.

Tried changing directions fast, both on the ground and in mid-air, and jumping diagonally, and still haven't had an issue. Could the problem be restricted to iphones and smaller devices?

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Nah, I'm having the same problems on my iPad as on my iPod... I was hoping it was just on the smaller screen...

But I'm still coming to complete stops in mid-air, and while running, as well as not moving, not jumping, and now noticing not attacking...

10. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Hey guys -

Sorry for all of the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. The update that FIXES the mentioned control problems has been approved and should be available shortly.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yay!

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Got the update...

Controls are back to normal, thank you for the very quick fix!

13. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    #373 Everplay, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    The bug was a tiny last minute thing we included that basically decreased the area you needed to press, but apparently it was too small for most users.

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks Everplay for the fastest fix ever :)

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Far better than normal, actually. The patch notes didn't mention it, but Everplay have clearly done something about the arrow controls, as the player character is more responsive than before. I've basically held off playing Spellsword because try as I might, I could not get comfortable with the sluggishness and the unresponsive controls, but now the game controls almost as smoothly as I would have wished :) (I still wouldn't mind being able to turn and break into a run even more quickly.)

16. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Yes, we sure did. We improved the reaction time for the Hero. Before we had an artificial momentum delay, but apparently players saw it as unresponsive rather than intentional, so we fixed that up for you guys.

17. Geckodelic

Geckodelic New Member

May 10, 2012
    My game center achievements aren't activating correctly. Especially the kill enemies and collect spell cards. I haven't unlocked the 100 spell cards achievement yet, but I'm 20% through the 20,000 .

Anyone else having these issues? Is there a fix in the works?

18. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Thank you developers. With the adjustable controls (and the bug fix) the game is now a joy to play on the iPad.

19. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    ICade controls need attention. Control sticks in whatever direction is pressed meaning character never stops moving. Jump button is the same in that after jumping once, character never stops jumping.

This problem has been reported in the main iCade TouchArcade thread, but I thought you may have missed it.

20. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I've played several rounds of the endless mode with the new 1.0.3 update, and I'd say it plays much better on my ipod. :)

Thanks for the update.